Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Emulsion wont go down, naphtha is trapped

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
so swim acidified with muriatic acid diluted in water, let soak for a couple days then filtered, did 3 pulls, then did 1 defatting stage, then added warm naphtha and basified,, then shook up and let sit for a couple days, but it has that nasty emulsion layer on top of the dark layer, and the naphtha cant get through it to reach the top. i think the naphtha is trapped in the emulsion. any suggestions?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Add ALOT more NaOH... your pH isn't high enough.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
ok thats what i've heard, that and some people talk about adding salt, but idk about that.
it already turned from maroon, to blue-grey- to slippery black.

oh well
all else fails Swim has more powdered mimosa

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Here's a reference point;
For every 1 part water (mL)
Add .7 part NaOH (gram)

twoceebee

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Oct 2009
IJesusChrist a dit:
Here's a reference point;
For every 1 part water (mL)
Add .7 part NaOH (gram)

That's ALOT more than I've usually used - something like 0.1g per ml of water I think. I did have some problems with my last batch, it was very slow to seprate, and on later pulls there was some of the brown/water layer floating about in the naphtha later. I doubt there was much DMT left in, so I neutralised and discarded it all. Wish i'd asked some questions - really in the mood for some tonight! I've got a few other questions about MHRB extractions actually but I'll start a new thread as it's not related.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
i've heard rumors that NaOH can't hurt the dmt but i've also heard rumors that you have to pour slowly and stir it because it "damages" the dmt so idk. i've also heard that too much NaOH is what makes the smoke extra harsh, but idk about that.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
NaOH won't damage the DMT.

The most "succesful" extraction has the most NaOH in it - you just can't go wrong. The .7:1 ratio comes from DMT-Nexus.com/org whatever.

I have heard also that the extra NaOH can cause harsh smoke, but I don't think it is true for two reasons:

NaOH will rather solidify into crystals in solution rather than migrate into the naptha layer (where you will extract the DMT).

Even if NaOH did migrate into the naptha solution, when you vaporize the DMT for inhalation, NaOH is a ionic medium, it's boiling point is very, very high - 2530 °F. You are definitely not going to vaporize any of it.

It could also be that the DMT vaporization would tend to "cling" some NaOH or OH- ions while it becomes a vapor, but this would be about 1x10-5,6,7 probability, making it less than 1x10-5,-6,-7 grams... nothing.

twoceebee

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Oct 2009
Cheers for that bud. I was initially blaming my change in brand of lighter fluid for the problems. I've got 50g MHRB to do a small extraction with later on so will be using alot more NaOH this time :D

Something that ive always wondered too:

If i'm doing say 50g like I am to tonight I'd do 4 50ml naphta pulls, and either combine them to put in the freezer, or put them in seperately. I can't seem to find an answer to why just using 150/200ml of naptha in one pull would be any different, nor can I think of why it would make a difference. Just seems to be the way everyone does it so I follow along! I only ever get 100g at a time so I'm always a bit hesitant to experiment - I think i might just dump in a full tin of lighter fluid tonight (133ml) and see what happens, can always evaporate a bit off I suppose!

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
chemist like repeated steps.
don't ask me.

It really shouldn't matter... but it might slightly, as long as you agitate the 150/200 ml + volume alot.

twoceebee

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Oct 2009
IJesusChrist a dit:
chemist like repeated steps.
don't ask me.

It really shouldn't matter... but it might slightly, as long as you agitate the 150/200 ml + volume alot.

I shall report back in the morning with my findings :)

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
the emulsion kinda went down after further basification but for some reason the naphtha didnt pull as much.
so idk what the deal is, im gunna try adding more WarmER naphtha and basifying even more.