Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

electric re-fueling stations

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
There's no link but I did read not far from me the council is pushing hard for electric fueling stations.
I'm not sure what u psychonauts think about this but i'm wrapped. electric, hybrid cars are the way to go, remeber i talked about battery technology. Now all that is needed is a race for nuclear power. Kinda like the space race!

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I'm on the "Solar car" team in my university.

It's pretty amazing. The thing is with electric vehicles, of course, is the distance - no road trips without these stations, but even then they still take MINIMUM of 30 minutes to charge your car.

This could be changed if we found how to make supercapacitors? ultra? i forget.

btu yeah, it's awesome man. IT'll happen eventually.

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
solar car, ccoooooollll!!!!

tell me more about like design, and specifications used, size and distance, price.

If you want to...........

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
The team works on the car for two years, it can maintain 30 miles an hour with ease, and that is usually the speed done in the race. It's about 20 feet long, layered with solar panels about 21% efficiency.

The driver races for a few days from texas to minnesota or iowa against other universities. If it is sunny outside it can go 30miles an hour the entire day, and then some after dark, there are over 100 lithium batteries in the car, all very small and very efficient, all packed like sardines.

The car itself is not very well designed on the inside - very ugly, however the technology for user friendly-ness is pretty interesting, and the outside is aerodynamically superb to anything you'd find in any brand name car. The tires are even special.

it's pretty interesting - I really don't help much or often, I am more busy than the other students.