Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Drugs In Toys

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
Today, a friend of mine was talking about some new, date-rapish drug they found in toys and had to recall. Supposedly you ate the toy and/or melted it down to get it.

Any one else heard about this and any idea what the drug is?

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
there are a few things to assume:

1. this is probably not true.
2. if there was a drug in there, it sure would suck.
3. eating and melting down toys is not the way to get drugs :D

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_16527.aspx

The toys contain the industrial solventGBL in the beads or the spray to fuse the beads. The ring structure of GBL is readily hydrolyzed by the body into GHB.

The effects of GHB/GBL are somewhat comparable to lucid drunkness. Personally, I do not care for it very much. But to each his own.

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
Haha, thanks. That was interesting.

My new theory about China is that they're trying to kill off stupid children before they can grow up and infect the world with their stupidity. :p

Oh, and maybe someone should post this as a news item?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
really strange. but well, my last two points are true nonetheless ^^

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
It's a new toy trend to get adults back as paying customers :p

"Tickle Me Elmo now Laced with LSD! Tickle till the colors talk to you!"

Hehe

Also calling that a drug....theres fine line between drug and plain old chemical.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
I read that on the train too.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
This stuff is as much of a drug as sniffing glue . Its true that those toys contained something , but its no more of a drug of choice than sniffing glue . And its part of the trade war against china thats been going on lately . Remember all the times that softening agents for plastic , lead and other poisons are found in toys from all around the world . Its not just the chinese . I supose its also about whos is looking , where they are looking and what they are looking for .

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
GOD a dit:
This stuff is as much of a drug as sniffing glue . Its true that those toys contained something , but its no more of a drug of choice than sniffing glue . And its part of the trade war against china thats been going on lately . Remember all the times that softening agents for plastic , lead and other poisons are found in toys from all around the world . Its not just the chinese . I supose its also about whos is looking , where they are looking and what they are looking for .

Exactly what I was trying to say. I'm just not as godly with the words ;)