Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

dream herbs

JohnP.

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Fev 2006
well i already read its general effects, but does it do anything different in smoking it?

toadlicker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Fev 2006
i've soaked mj in an alcohol based lotus extract, it definitely had a strong effect, most of which i figured was intensified by the mj, i've read that if you mixed blue, white and yellow lotus your in for a nice euphoric feel, but haven't tried it, for as much as i've read about it it seems making a drink out of it is the way to go, i would suggest meade, just b/c thats the only alcohol i like the taste of...

Toxica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Déc 2005
Hmmm I tried an alcoholic potion, I tried to smoke it... But there were almost no effects! =(

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Hmmm I tried an alcoholic potion, I tried to smoke it... But there were almost no effects! =(

dito! I think I felt a little restless after drinking the blue lotus wine, but that felt more negative than positive (and it wasn't strong).

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Has anyone had any experience with Calea?
It's a herb for having more spectacular (lucid) dreams in your sleep. And remembering your dreams better.
On erowid a lot of user don't experience anything.
Others are very enthousiastic about the stuff. Not about the taste, which is very bitter. But that can easily be solved by putting 1 g of the dried leaves in a gel capsule and taking it a half hour before going to bed. Or you can smoke it, but I don't smoke, so that's not an option for me.

After a bit of reading about the stuff I found there appear to be 2 varieties of Calea (possibily seperate species). One with psychoactive effects and one without these effects. No wonder some people don't experience anything.

Source

Does anybody know where to find the right kind of Calea?

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Hi

I heard about it, saw it in a smartshop where I was to purchase some Salvia and they guy was very enthousiastic. I am very interested in lucid dreaming, did some training a few years back but I didnt buy it because I didnt trust it. I've tried a lot of different herbs from smartshops and besides Salvia, nothing did anything for me (execpt diarea ;) ) .

This was a year ago, now I read a lot of positive stuff about it on various forums and I'm going to give it a try soon. But first I want to take up lucid practice again for a few weeks.

If you gonna buy it, I would love to hear how it is.

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
Hi,

I had try calea . It works with me . First it give a calm and hipnotic effect like Kava , it s very easy to relax and gives me a dream effect .
About the dreams , i had strange dreams but i wasn t able to remeber all the dream , i remember only some flashs , but i know i had dream all the night .
It also help to sleep.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Just got me a bag with 25 g Calea and a box of gel capsules and a book about lucid dreaming to read in the train on my way back home.

The boy was not behind the desk. I heard him upstairs vacuümcleaning. So I could have robbed the the whole shop. But I decided to cough a bit loud when the vacuumcleaner stopped.

He assured me it was the right kind of Calea. That's what I would've said if I had te sell the stuff. Well, let's try.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
@Heartcore - Well, maybe its not about lucid dreaming after all. I got it from the library in Nijmegen. The title "Leer te dromen - voor een intensiever droomleven en betere zelfkennis" written by David Fontana. I hope it says something about lucid dreaming. I couldn't find a book about lucid dreaming in particular. But I'm happy already if I can only remember more dreams. I can be jealous at my wife, who usually remembers several dreams and has a lot of stories to tell in the morning under the shower about all the things that happened in her dreams.

I rarely remember a thing. But if I do I write the dream down in my diary.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
This one is the best (in my opinion)

http://www.amazon.com/Lucid-Dreaming-Co ... 43?ie=UTF8

I have this book, was VERY sceptic about it, started to practice, succeeded and this scared me so much that I was too afraid to continue at that time...

To be continued though :)

The book explains a lot about dreaming in general and it really interesting to read (with a capital I). Throughout the entire book, practices are given. In the beginning, you start training your memory so you remember more and you will learn more about your dreams. Then you will try a mechanism to use in your dreams, to become aware that you are dreaming. This can be various things (look at your hand, (Carlos Castaneda: The power of dreaming) or by trying a light switch and finidng out that it doesnt work (Waking life).

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Hello. Happy Friday the 13th to everyone.

Calea or "dream herb" is some pretty nice stuff. I make a tea out of it and smoke a joint with some on top before bed every once in a while. It's another one of those crazy herbs growing in my back yard. It really can affect your ability to remember dreams and realize you are dreaming while they're happening. Sometimes it doesn't but it will at least make you sleep really good. I like to mix calea with valerian root, knocks me right out. I only drink that on the weekends because you will want to sleep for like 14 hours.

I've said this before but I have the most lucid and rememerable dreams when I'm in good health. Every once in a while I quit eating meat, stop smoking bud, dont drink, don't do anything for two weeks at a time. When I have absolutely no toxins in my body and actually exercise on a regular basis, I have the best dreams. It's probably just me but it's definately a noticeable difference.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
I have some experience in lucid dreaming but Calea never helped me to reach it. (classic methods works better)
The first time I tried it (almost not drinkable tea :~) I indeed got a very strange and strong dream. But further tries did not bring anything really interresting.
I guess that the placebo effect is much stronger than the herb itself ;-)
However, maybe I do not have the 'good' plant or I did not ingest enough of it...

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Tried it twice this weekend, with no results. Maybe I had nice dreams, but I don't remember a thing.

I swallowed 2 filled gel capsules and drank some tea. Actually the tea really tastes good, if you don't make it too strong.
I slept well on it.

Tonight I'll try a higher dose. If that doesn't work I'll make some strong tea with 3 g of the dried leaves. Honey makes it taste less bitter, I heard.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Pazusu,

Commenting about one of your goals. No substance in the world, is going to help you remember your dreams period.

There is one, very effective, extremely simple method in learning to remember your dreams however and that is, simply put a journal next to your bed. When you wake up, try to accustom yourself to keep in the same position which you woke up. Pick up your journal with the least amount of effort, and start writing down everything that comes to mind trying to remember your dreams.

This works, no doubt about it. At least, it works for many people and did for me. I was a guy that never dreamt, I thought. Everyone dreamt, execpt for me, I thought. Right away when starting to journal what I remembered, I found out that just at the moment of waking up, I did have some memories of dreams. I started to write it down, it didnt make any sense at all, but I kept going at this for a few weeks. Over that period, I discovered, I had in fact a very vivid dreamlife, I just never remembered any of it because I didnt put any effort in it. OVer the coarse of just a few weeks, I managed to remember one, two, sometimes more dreams every morning.

After some years, and after a lot of shit happened in my life, this dreaming practice (journaling) kind of became forgotten and I'm back to where I was before, that guy without dreams. Only now, I know better.

I am in no way an expert in lucid dreaming, I managed it once and that freaked me out so bad, that I stopped trying for a long time. However, many people claim that the first step in mastering any dreamwork, is learning to remember them.

Cheeers
HC

PS Training to remember your dreams, will possibly make integrating DMT experiences easier, if that is something you aim to do someday ;)

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
A friend and I decided to try it last night. I had tried it before and nothing happened. He wanted to try it and I figured why not.

I had about 0.75g of I think 10x extract. (Hurts like hell. Smoke is so thick. My throat hates me today) So we split that and went to sleep. People said here that they sleep well on it. I had the opposite I didn't get to sleep till like 4am. I had one of those delirious nights you get when your sick. Neither awake or asleep. When I finally slept the dreams hit me hard. They weren't all that pleasant but dreams are dreams I'll take whatever I get.

A note on lucid dreaming. I usually do the reality check by looking at my hands. I did this at least 4 times while dreaming and my hands were perfectly clear where as usually they are blurry / have more fingers / or warp like a water balloon. I dunno if this was due to the herb or not but it's the first time that RC didn't work.

Pazusu,

Commenting about one of your goals. No substance in the world, is going to help you remember your dreams period.

There is one, very effective, extremely simple method in learning to remember your dreams however and that is, simply put a journal next to your bed. When you wake up, try to accustom yourself to keep in the same position which you woke up. Pick up your journal with the least amount of effort, and start writing down everything that comes to mind trying to remember your dreams.

This works, no doubt about it. At least, it works for many people and did for me. I was a guy that never dreamt, I thought. Everyone dreamt, execpt for me, I thought. Right away when starting to journal what I remembered, I found out that just at the moment of waking up, I did have some memories of dreams. I started to write it down, it didnt make any sense at all, but I kept going at this for a few weeks. Over that period, I discovered, I had in fact a very vivid dreamlife, I just never remembered any of it because I didnt put any effort in it. OVer the coarse of just a few weeks, I managed to remember one, two, sometimes more dreams every morning.

After some years, and after a lot of shit happened in my life, this dreaming practice (journaling) kind of became forgotten and I'm back to where I was before, that guy without dreams. Only now, I know better.

I am in no way an expert in lucid dreaming, I managed it once and that freaked me out so bad, that I stopped trying for a long time. However, many people claim that the first step in mastering any dreamwork, is learning to remember them.

Cheeers
HC

PS Training to remember your dreams, will possibly make integrating DMT experiences easier, if that is something you aim to do someday Wink

I totally agree I suggest anyone that doesn't do this to start. It not only gives you fun memories but it really lets you understand how you think and what drives you.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
I've said this before but I have the most lucid and rememerable dreams when I'm in good health. Every once in a while I quit eating meat, stop smoking bud, dont drink, don't do anything for two weeks at a time. When I have absolutely no toxins in my body and actually exercise on a regular basis, I have the best dreams. It's probably just me but it's definately a noticeable difference.

smoking bud kills my dreams. i quited recently and for the first time in a year or so, i could remember my dreams! the first days this was quite intense for me. i actually thought when i woke up that my dreams actually happened, till i started reasoning, telling myself it was just a dream.

actually, it appears that weed makes you sleep faster, but that you don't sleep very firmly. same for alcohol.