Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Doing "e" with depression

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
i have depression and i was skeptical about trying e because i thought i would drain all my seratonin and have like a 3 day crash or something.

i didnt roll as hard as all my friends but my pupils were dilated and i was feeling good till like 4 in the morning.

i smoked a couple bowls when i got home and slept like a baby
next day i felt like tits (good)

a week later i did it again (this time with no weed to catch me) and i still had no problems.

i have two questions

1~ what are the risks of mdma use with depression?
2~ how often can someone safely use it?

other people sharing experiences about rolling and crashing would help

thank you and have a nice day

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Well, you know 'e' is actually used in studies to treat depression right? (Well as well as alot of psychadelics too).

Technically, in my own opinion, the crash after e isn''t actually depression in my terms - it's that chemical imbalance where you just feel bad, where as genuine depression you have trouble enjoying anything for other reasons... although most diagnosed depressions are the first type.

I would say if you have depression where you are just feeling bad, just can't be happy simply because it's 'not there' then e may not be a good factor.

Otherwise, it would actually be a very good benefit - i.e. you have trouble enjoying life because you're 'bored' or just plain sad about something.

I would say DON'T start rolling even on a monthly basis, and don't start thinking of it as a party drug - that is when it will start to really cause harm, and could spike depression.

Never done it, probably won't... but it does, like all drugs, have the possibility to be very good to you.

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
E, and especially a good dose of pure MDMA can be very helpful with depression. Like the man above said though, DO NOT begin thinking of it as a party drug and DO NOT begin dosing it regularly. It's magic will wear off, and you don't know the meaning of depression untill that happens...

Use it as a tool to end your depression, but do not become a tool yourself in the process...

chimp_masta_flex

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Nov 2008
When one of my close friends' father past away he used MDMA to help cope with it. The first few times got a lot out in the open and he seemed to grow from it a lot and i think it really helped, but then he started to use it as an escape and needless to say that wasn't good.
The thing to remember is balance. Let the drug open doors for you and help you come to terms with things but remember to continue that in your sober state as well.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Fun Fact: Both LSD and E were for a short period of time prescribed by psychiatrists (even after they were controlled substances) for grief and marriage counseling. Mushrooms were experimented with, and had positive results (actually all three did). Unfortunately almost anything that has the potential for making one feel safe to open up is abused beyond recognition.

jakejunko

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Nov 2009
Im in the same boat as you buddy. I have depression and i do feel a pretty hard come down and depression the day after i eat molly (MDMA crystals). I have heard that MDMA can have some werid effects on seritonan in sufferers of depression, espically when said user is taking SSRI's.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
im not sure but from memory i think its a terrible idea to mix any drugs with SSRIs
i think i read somewhere that it can be really unhealthy
maybe its MAOIs tho....
if you take either u should check it out..

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Man, don't push your luck, that's all i can say for sure.

When you are truly depressed, like you claim to be, it's not good to take XTC, you can do it once or twice, but when you make a habbit from it, i assure you, you will know what a real depression feels like, you won't feel like tits anymore, think suicidal, feel empty, negative behavior and thought process etc etc.

When i was young, 15 yo i started to experiment with XTC, a year later i used it very frequently and at high doses, 5 to 8 pills in a night.
I got in a very long and deep depression, i wo'nt say that it was all the XTC abuse to blame, but it sure was one of the factors that made me depressed, now, 11 years later i'm still feeling down very frequently, i've never been the same since, i took XTC for 6 years, the first 3 years very frequently, i had very good times on it, but then again, when it worked out i felt like complete crap, depressed to the bone, the contrast couldn't be any bigger in comparison with being high on XTC.

One night i took a shitload of pills and the next day i had black outs, i faded, my vision went black, i felt empty, sick, and wanted to die, this feeling stayed for a very long time, i had to take anti-depressants, and now i still can't live without them it seems, i'm only taking less then a quarter now, i'm planning to quit them at the end of the year, but it's very hard, it's addictive as fuck, but without them, i'd gave up on life a long time ago, i almost succeeded doing so twice...

Please, take my advice, you might be able to handle it now, but if you exagerate you will pay the price for it, you will know what a deep depression feels like, and it will take you a long time to get back out of it, it's a real struggle, some people can take XTC every weekend without any problems (or at least that's what they claim).But if you are depressed already you shouldn't push your luck, i promise you, you will have a burnout, and it will take you a lot of hard work to struggle back out of it, it took me 11 years, and i'm still having problems even after all this time, it's better, but still not what it used to be.

Good luck, and i really hope you'l stop doing XTC, i know, if all your friends are having a good time on it, it's hard to watch and the temptation to join them is big, but you will pay a price for it, that your friends will probably not, for they are not depressed.

Voyager. Rabbit hole

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2009
If taken in the right mid set, I assure you that MDMA can be very beneficial.

If you consider your self spiritual, remember.. MDMA does not have a spirit, you may end up worse off with you're depression
If you attach your self to MDMA as a guide

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
Voyager. Rabbit hole a dit:
If taken in the right mid set, I assure you that MDMA can be very beneficial.

If you consider your self spiritual, remember.. MDMA does not have a spirit, you may end up worse off with you're depression
If you attach your self to MDMA as a guide

i wouldn't say that last part.. just like anything else, always in moderation. it just so happens that molly likes calling your name. do be careful

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
respect your spirit i'd say!!! if something with no spirit can bring the spirit back, then yeah go for it, but not if it would leave you being dependant on it. let it fuck your spirit but don't let it abuse you! on the other hand if you don't abuse it, i think you can indeed get something out of it!

peace

Mandelbrot

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2010
I've had my fair share of experiences with MDMA, and I am also diagnosed with clinical depression.

While I'm not going to tout myself as an absolute authority here, I can give you a few pointers, and share bits of my experiences.

1. I have typically had better results with pure MDMA in crystalline form. If I recall correctly, MDMA in pill form is not pure MDMA. It is often cut with another drug. MDMA cannot be held together in "chunk" all by itself. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong). If your supplier knows what it may be cut with, this can be beneficial. For example, I have had much better results in MDMA tabs cut with Mescaline, as opposed to say, Heroin or Methamphetamine. The high of pure MDMA in my experience, as opposed to tabs, doesn't ever seem to give me a "cracked out" feeling, it is more calm.

2. Moderation is very important. I am referring more to the regularity of doses rather than the size of the actual dose, however the latter should be considered as well. MDMA is something I typically limit myself to consuming every few months. At my peak usage of it, I would say it was about once a month, and no more than two pills or capsules of crystalline MDMA. Most of the time I only take one.

3. Mind what you combine with it. Other people's opinions may differ here (or anywhere, and I accept that). Personally, I have had some bad experiences while concurrently consuming MDMA and alcohol. If you want a little further piece of advice there: If you have depression, it may be in your best interest to avoid alcohol completely, if not sparingly. Marijuana is as far as I'm aware, perfectly fine to use in combination. LSD may or may not be okay to combine. (Though I've candyflipped myself, and personally, I haven't had any suicidal thoughts ever since, but I feel this may be a highly individual factor, and may vary from person to person. It is also very likely that my depression may be more so psychologically rooted, rather than chemically rooted.) Also mind what it may do in combination with any medications you may take. I didn't ever take it while I was on psychiatric medications, so I can't tell you first hand. But I can picture possible adverse reactions combining MDMA with SSRI antidepressants, as they are each designed to perform opposite functions with regard to Serotonin.

4. Mind your environmental conditions, and potential addictions. Whenever I'm coming off of MDMA, the last thing I want is more MDMA, but I do know other people's mileage may vary. MDMA can be a very powerful and effective psychotherapeutic tool when used properly. If you're taking it every once in a while to get in touch with your inner self, that is one thing. If you are chronically using it in an attempt to "feel better" or "feel happy", then this is a big no-no. While I have never personally met anyone who uses MDMA in such a manner, I don't discount the possibility that some people may. If you become a habitual user of MDMA, your depression will most likely worsen.

5. Be sure to obtain it only from suppliers you know and thoroughly trust. I've taken a few gambles myself, and those were the ones that I didn't enjoy so much. Most of them felt much more like taking Adderall or Oxycontin than actual MDMA.

6. As with all things in life, balance is key. Respect that balance, and respect your mind, body, and spirit.

spisshak

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Fev 2009
i've used mdma to the point to where it does absolutely nothing anymore 30-50 gram binges nd i did'nt get depressed it just stopped working so you wait a month and then eat another 30 grams or so and the cycle continues but no it does'nt cause depression.
one thing i did notice is it fucked my brains like you can't think ahead, your just in the now.
executive functioning, short term memory fucked that's why i don't party like that anymore.
also i'm more impulsive i can't think things through as well.
that's what it really does to you.
and this is after maybe 200 or so grams this year.
i lost track.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
again, I have to agree......abusing it isn't good.

I never had the depression issues......or, they weren't severe enough to really make me doubt E.

I think, to be completely honest, that LSD cured what depression that I did have, and MDMA gave me direction.

It's a trade-off.

Nothing is free.

I think MDMA and LSD have one important thing in common, and that is that they are both much more beneficial if you can take them with a specific goal, and a direction.

.....all this talk about spirits and whatnot is really not that relevant. The plant 'spirit' isn't changing you when you change because of psychedelics, all the plant spirit did was show you where YOUR spirit is.

A re-connection

I am reminded of a story from one of Casteneda's writings (A Yaqui way of Knowledge, I believe it was )where Casteneda had a real heavy peyote experience in the desert, fully blown out of the water, seeing and speaking with his long dead mother and learning some important things....the conversation after, is reproduced from memory......

Carlos: " Then mescalito (the spirit of mescaline) is real?"
Don Juan: " Didn't you see him last night? "
Carlos: " All I saw was a dog "
Carlos: " And my mother "
Don Juan: " and you learned ?"
Carlos: " A lot"
Don JUan: " That wasn't your mother "

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
thanks to everyone for the posts. i am greatful

and don juan is the shit spice,(even though he might not be real)
whoever wrote this shit i got from erowid

"For me the world is weird because it is stupendous, awesome, mysterious, unfathomable; my interest has been
to convince you that you must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world, in this marvelous
desert, in this marvelous time. I wanted to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since
you are going to be here for only a short while; in fact, too short for witnessing all the marvels of it."
-- Don Juan in Carlos Castaneda's Journey to Ixtlan

gonna go cop that book now, thanks

spisshak

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Fev 2009
silly wabbit x is for kids nah just bullshitting no serious nah i'm busllshiting.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
MDMA is a blessing on the one side - it showed me how beatiful life can be, how much potential I have, how much I can achieve, how much fun I can have. But it is also hard to come down from. Even if you are not depressed in the first place, coming down from mdma can be pretty depressing. It also has quite a potential for abuse (and even moreso when you're depressed, because it will magically take that depression away in an instant and replace it with optimistic joy - for the next few hours...)

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Honestly, you really won't know until you try it. Every one's body reacts different.

Like Necridous said. Use it as a tool.

Keep in mind: if you're on any anti-depressant, it make intensify, or yield greater harm to your mind and body if mixed with MDMA. Know your mind, know your body, know your limits. :D

peach

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Nov 2008
DO NOT TAKE ANY PHENETHYLAMINE IN COMBINATION WITH SSRI OR MAOI BASED ANTIDEPRESSANTS. THEY WILL BLOCK THE METABOLISM AND REUPTAKE OF SEROTONIN, WHICH WILL FLOOD OUT OF YOUR SYNAPSES, LEADING TO SEROTONIN SYNDROME; HYPERTHERMIA, DIZZINESS (AS YOUR BODY LITERALLY COOKS YOUR BRAIN), THROWING UP, SHAKING, HEART PROBLEMS AND POSSIBLY DEATH. THESE MEDICINES CAN TAKE A LONG TIME TO LEAVE YOUR BODY, THEY TAKE WEEKS TO REACH FULL ACTIVITY. STOPPING HOURS OR DAYS BEFORE MAY NOT BE ENOUGH. MDMA WILL NOT SOLVE YOUR DEPRESSION.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
if only you could get that message to all the teenage ravers over here popping zoloft like their gonna get off on it. :bear: