Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Do you believe in the present?

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
grifter7 a dit:
According to quantum theory, the shortest moment of time that can exist is known as Planck time, or 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 second.
Science wins :p

you mean "that is known to exist" not "can exist"
the world is not flat. that's why science is not gospel.

nothing is exactly what science says it is, only pretty damn close, or seemingly so, until time comes along and changes what it currently may be.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
I think man is made of time, not the opposite

P

Precog

Invité
I think we experience time as a wave. What lies in front of the wave, we call the future. The highest point (or highest range, what you like) of the wave we call the present. Though the whole wave is in fact the past and the present is only that part of the past that we have the strongest memory of.

In the end though, time is just a concept. A metaphor to make sense of how our limited minds experience an unlimited world; where all is one.

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
saw a very good programme called, something like...What Time is it?

A very simple question until they got very deep into the question...firstly understanding time, sooo...from there, how the hell do you actually answer...what time is it?

did time have a begining, why does it tick? and does our future already exist?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i am right now watching the 5th part of that documentary and yeah i think too its good food for thought. definatey recommended to watch!!

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
If you want to get really technical, then the present surely doesn't exist, because time allways moves, in infinately small fractions. But to me, that just seems quite anal, so I would say that the present is just that day, or that hour. I don't want to complicate it by getting really scientific, time is a fucked up thing, and I'd rather keep it simple.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^ I don't agree with your reasoning. Maybe time is always moving, but the present just moves along. Why would 'now' not exist? I'd rather say it is the most real thing in time.

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
Forkbender a dit:
^ I don't agree with your reasoning. Maybe time is always moving, but the present just moves along. Why would 'now' not exist? I'd rather say it is the most real thing in time.

its the question of what is now?

its a hard one,

I find it easier to understand the concept of what was and what is still to come. 'Now' is what splits those two concepts, but how?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
isn't 'now' more like something, what connects these two concepts ??????

well in a way maybe it splits em too ? i mean but just in your mind. like it's easier to treat them like separate things, as they appear to have differences obviously. however i think it's the same... the future will one day be the present, as it will be the past also...... the past has been the future as it's been the present as well.....

so it's all just a matter of from what point you look at it. in a way all time is present, future and past at once.... however maybe the present is the most real of those, as future and past effectively only exist above your head mostly.
i must say tho that of course the past has been manifested in the present and the future might shine or leak through, but maybe you get my point.

in what way it splits the concepts ... i can only speculate, but as i see it the present obviously converts future into present and present into past. therefore it provides the necessary flow for the continuum to function.

peace :weedman:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
How now splits time is indeed the most interesting question. The only way to find out is to be there with full attention.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
the problem is, we can't perceive the 'now' anyway, we perceive a small window of the very immediate past to the very near past :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
when do you experience this?

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
what if time is like light?

A very brilliant white bright light, shining? to split normal light we can use a prism, then it shows us all of the components of light, do we need something to split time, to show us the components of time?

we know of red shift and blue shift to determine whether an object is moving towards or away from us in the universe, so could we convert time to present and future, like the red/blue shift?

We only used to know light as white...we didnt know all the other colours were there.

We only know time as one thing, perhaps one day we will find its components.

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
To be honest - I'd just want to look at my watch and say "oh, its 1/4 past 2".

Thinking about time like this makes my brain hurt

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
I have already stated this, and the concept of perceiving "now" is just the awareness of the moment, which I call time travel. We are only traveling trough time, at the very unique speed of our planet, time has different rates wherever you stand relatively in space.