Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

DMT-shrooms wtf? :D

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
"...there is a very interesting study that took place in Leipzig about 15 years ago. Jochen Gartz, a mushroom explorer whom I know quite well, has done some fascinating studies with Psilocybe species by raising them on solid media containing strange tryptamines that are alien to the mushroom. Apparently the enzymes that are responsible for the 4-hydroxy group of psilocin are indifferent to what it is they choose to 4-hydroxylate. He has taken things like DPT or DIPT and put them in the growth media and the fruiting bodies that came out contain 4-hydroxy-DPT or 4-hydroxy-DIPT instead of psilocin. In fact, he has a patent on the process. These active compounds are made by the mushroom so they really are natural and yet they never have been observed in nature. I'll give you even odds that if you put spores of a psilocybe species on cow droppings loaded with 5-MeO-DMT you would come out with mushrooms containing 4,5-HO-MeO-DMT. This way you avoid a 10 step synthesis by growing a psychoactive mushroom that contains no illegal drug."

Definately gonna try that one day. :twisted:

forest

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
so what if the solid media contains mdma, speed, lsd or maybe THC?

would the shrooms contain that aswell after growing on it?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
forest a dit:
so what if the solid media contains mdma, speed, lsd or maybe THC?

would the shrooms contain that aswell after growing on it?
I don't think so. I think this only works (i don't know if it works) because the chemical structure is almost the same:
psilocin: (C12H16N2O)
100px-Psilocin.png

n,n-dmt: (C12H16N2)
160px-DMT.png

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
ok, i'm a real leek when it comes to chemistry.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Yes, biosynthesis is a fascinating area. In TiHKAL, Shulgin has a chapter about this topic. It just shows that mushrooms are delightfully versatile.

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
I am going to do some research about this. I suggest you guys do that too. Maybe in the end we can put our minds together and cultivate some DMT-shrooms? Should be doable imho!! :D

G

Invité
Shrooms usually clean the trash in nature, so they take the substances and turn them into something else.
And I knew this for quite some time, that you can let the mushroom make tryptamines for you.
Would be nice to have shrooms make dmt for you :thumbsup:

BTW: There is always dmt in the shrooms, but it get's destroyed in you stomache...

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
you would have to take a MAO inhibitor every time you eat the shrooms so it wouldn't be that much different from ayahuasca.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
BTW: There is always dmt in the shrooms, but it get's destroyed in you stomache...

I don't think this is correct. Psilocybin is related to DMT, but it is not the same.

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
well, dmt is in humans and animals 24-7 right? for it is a compound in the brain for dreaming and near-death experiences

but du plants dream?

when you make a cutting, and that branch thinks it's going to die because it gets cut off from the rest of the plant, could it get a near-death experience? :?: :)

G

Invité
No but I really thought there always was a bit dmt in shrooms.
I know psylocin just differs 1 oxygen molecule from dmt, that why it works when taken orally.

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
No but I really thought there always was a bit dmt in shrooms.
I know psylocin just differs 1 oxygen molecule from dmt, that why it works when taken orally.

But isn't the whole idea of these particular mushrooms that the mycelium converts N,N,-DMT into 4-HO-DMT (psilocin). By that logic feeding more DMT to the things would either result in pretty much nothing or even more 4-HO-DMT, which of course would mean more potent mushrooms. The way the mycelium works seems to exclude pure DMT from the menu completely, unless of course the buggers defy logic and common sense.

I think the safest way to try this (barring anyone here having a laboratory and the capability to analyze the contents of individual mushrooms) would be to feed DIPT or MIPT to the mycelium. This is because if the mushrooms act on the alien chemical as claimed, they will produce 4-HO-DIPT (or 4-HO-MIPT), a known compound with references and experience reports in TiHKAL, alongside the standard 4-HO-DMT. I for one would at least feel more calm eating shrooms that _possibly_ contain a chemical that something is known about instead of just adding a random tryptamine to see what happens. 4-HO-DIPT and psilocin would also seem like a functional test combination, since the former acts faster so its comeup should be noticeable. Also, both are known to be active orally as is. The same can be said for 4-HO-MIPT too.

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
hmmm... do you guys think it would work if you mix some M. Hostilis rootbark with the substrate when growing shrooms?!

This is very interesting!!

Nitroman

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Déc 2005
Meduzz a dit:
you would have to take a MAO inhibitor every time you eat the shrooms so it wouldn't be that much different from ayahuasca.
hehe we could call it paddohuasca 8)

interesting theory :D

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
c0sm1c_d4nc3r a dit:
hmmm... do you guys think it would work if you mix some M. Hostilis rootbark with the substrate when growing shrooms?!

This is very interesting!!

I think you'd need quite a lot of rootbark to even consider trying. No reason to knock off the balance of a substrate like that. A better approach would probably be to extract the DMT out of the rootbark, then mix the crystals in sterile water and inject the sauce into your veins :oops: I mean, into the substrate.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Nitroman a dit:
Meduzz a dit:
hehe we could call it paddohuasca 8)

interesting theory :D

I've done that the first time two years ago. I lived in France back then and a friend sent me 2 grams dried cubensis. It had been years since I tripped and I was somewhat reluctant to take it because it was such a low dose. So I then made some peganum harmala thea, drank that first and had a very rewarding, deep shamanic trip :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004

hehe we could call it paddohuasca Cool

interesting theory Very Happy

I've done that the first time two years ago. I lived in France back then and a friend sent me 2 grams dried cubensis. It had been years since I tripped and I was somewhat reluctant to take it because it was such a low dose. So I then made some peganum harmala thea, drank that first and had a very rewarding, deep shamanic trip

It's pretty well known as "shroomahuasca". But please guys be careful not to take 6g dried cubensis and 5g of Peganum Harmala for the first time. I've done it overly confident ("I've taken over 8g of cubensis alone, so what?") and it was absolutely too much, I couldn't speak about the trip for over two weeks and I wasn't sure if I'd ever take psychedelics again for days... :?
It was hours of floating in a different reality with a very certain feeling that every minute "they" would come and get me and then I'd never be able to come back. Don't ask me who they are, I never met anyone, but I could feel their presence...

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
It was hours of floating in a different reality with a very certain feeling that every minute "they" would come and get me and then I'd never be able to come back. Don't ask me who they are, I never met anyone, but I could feel their presence...

When I trip and I dont reach this place you just describe, I consider it a missed opportunity ;)

THEY come and get me every time and I love it. I can heam them little feet marching in, singing their weird songs with their weird static voices, ever transforming before my eyes. And then, when waiting for them to arrive, I break through in this other dimension with closed eyes. I'm completely there in the other reality where I feel completly at home. First visits I was scared because I didnt understand. I still dont understand but I DO know that I will always be able to return, no matter how crazy it gets ;)

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Scinet a dit:
I think you'd need quite a lot of rootbark to even consider trying. No reason to knock off the balance of a substrate like that. A better approach would probably be to extract the DMT out of the rootbark, then mix the crystals in sterile water and inject the sauce into your veins :oops: I mean, into the substrate.

haha yeah I guess that would work. But IF it makes the shrooms more potent.. it's a very interesting theory since I do have 40 gr. of shredded mimosa. Well actually it's more like mimosa-powder than shreds. :)

But I'm going to use the mimosa for ayahuasca so.. I think I'll try some ordinary p. cub + harmala instead. Haven't done that yet. I did try 3 gr harmala + 6 gr. morning glory seeds. Man that was a looooong trip. I had OEV and CEV 20 (!) hrs after I ingested the substances. Eventhough the last 5 hrs they were subtle but they sure was there!!

Shrooms FTW! <3