Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

DMT crystals and Volcano Vaponizer

Remddd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Nov 2011
Hi All,
I've been reading about DMT for several weeks and feel it is time to try.

The idea of smoking it using free base pipe or Light Bulb is not my favorite one (process can be ruined by burning crystals and hard smoke). I've got Volcano Digital and it has Liquid Pad for vaporizing essences, common sense telling me that melted crystal is an essence and Volcano should serve a purpose.

Now getting to question:

What would be optimal temperature to vaporize DMT? : :?: :roll:

Googling gave me very broad range.. from different forums and feedback as wide as 80-220 C (which is way over too broad imho)

I would appreciate comrades for your help/feedback

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
its fairly low - probably around 100°C.

The problem with vaporizers is that it may condense back down into a crystal before it gets out of the vaporized. Meaning you;ll have dmt crystals all along the tubes.

Remddd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Nov 2011
Apparently , feedbacks are very positive about using volcano. Saying like ' it makes too easy to smoke DMT, feels like a cheating' ,...

However with many positive feedback... I still conduced about optimal temperature (!) Range massively vary from feedback to feedback

Still wondering though :roll:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
You probably aren't going to burn it if you start low and slowly go up - right?

So try it out :)

Cha(s)do

Inscrit
24 Oct 2010
Remddd a dit:
However with many positive feedback...

There are negative feedback too, talking about the tasty plastic smell that definitely keep in the vaporizer...

Remddd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Nov 2011
Cha(s)do a dit:
Remddd a dit:
However with many positive feedback...

There are negative feedback too, talking about the tasty plastic smell that definitely keep in the vaporizer...

that's right, but i don't think it relevant for Volcano

.. the only risk if crystals will melted through Liquid Filling Chamber and get to generator (highly unlikely imho)
volcano-vaporizer-easy-valve-liquid-filling-chamber-video-still.png

Filing chamber itself can be cleaned with alcohol ..

Also, it goes with 5 plastic bags (one can be used for DMT solely )

volcano-vaporizer-easy-valve-inside.jpg

and there are no other parts that can keep smell ..hm ..still wondering about temperature 8)

Cha(s)do

Inscrit
24 Oct 2010
I have to test this with my arrizer...

I 've juste had a awfull experience with DMT (difficulty of vaporizing with the piper=>not controlling the dose; irritating smoke that made me suffocating just when i had the peack of a powerfull non controlled too high dose!!! :rolleyes: ) last saturday...

=>Seriously thinking about vaporisation,so...

Remddd a dit:
still wondering about temperature 8)

Remddd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Nov 2011
I have read more feedbacks and it seems optimal temperature should be above boiling point 160 °C (320 °F)... So I recon it in a range of 180-200. °C, I"ll post feedback once I find some DMT to test :rolleyes:

Cha(s)do

Inscrit
24 Oct 2010
Ok! Thanks!

And this T° should work for Banisteriopsis caapi...(source)

That means that,theoretically, Changa is also "vaporisable"...

Remddd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Nov 2011
Volcano +DMT test completed successfully :rolleyes:

i used Temperature range 180-190 °C (my logic saying me if we above boiling point 160°C , the exact temperature doesn't matter until we stay below burning point )

I used separate balloon for DMT and the only part of Vaponizer that kept smell after use (btw smell not strong at all) is 'Filing chamber', but i cleaned it with vodka and smell disappeared straight away.

Practical observation: filing of Volcano balloon takes 30 seconds, where DMT vaporized approx in 10-15 Sec (*within temp range i used 180-190 °C ). Meaning , there is no need to wait until balloon is full, as half of it will be just hot air. Balloon contains 4 hits, where you can only take 2 hits of DMT (with correct dosage , etc , you just don't have time for 3rd hit as after 2nd one you already in another space (lets called the Unknown -) for now). Taking above said into account, if you use it alone fill only half balloon (otherwise your dosage will be half and other half will be lost ), if you share it with friend (which i did) fill balloon fully. Bear in mind the dosage and idea: doesn't matter how many crystals you put inside filling chamber, all will be inside a balloon within 15 sec.

Hope it helps :wink:

Kathy m

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Juil 2014
Remddd a dit:
Volcano +DMT test completed successfully :rolleyes:

i used Temperature range 180-190 °C (my logic saying me if we above boiling point 160°C , the exact temperature doesn't matter until we stay below burning point )

the only part of Vaponizer that kept smell after use (btw smell not strong at all) is 'Filing chamber',

Bear in mind the dosage and idea: doesn't matter how many crystals you put inside filling chamber, all will be inside a balloon within 15 sec.

Hope it helps :wink:

I have a portable vaporziser the da vinici. It has a filling chamber for solids and one for oils, which should i use, They are both insert-able in a heating chamber. I've vaped hash in the solid one before.
Also you say it takes 15 secs to vape so just drawing on my straw should get a substantial hit with a preheated chamber. In that case i should use only 1 breakthrough dose, what is that amount? using yellow DMT. Great work on the temperature inquiry!