Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dinosaurs will die.

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
Legalization, its true, needs an activist group to push it into reality. The way I see it is this: It's gonna become legal in my lifetime because eventually all of the old christians who have a problem with the stuff will end up DEAD. Isn't it great? When the older generation's views fall off, the younger, more realative minded folks of my generation will end up enforcing law. And almost everyone I know (and that is a lot of people) either want it to be legal NOW, or just plain ole don't give a shit.

Thus i say it is a waiting game. Conservative views will become extinct like the dinosaurs. And even if things don't happen like I forsee them, I don't think I'll ever give up my vices. Fuck this system in it's ear.

ToastedAlly

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Sept 2010
You're sorta right.
But then again, one may ask of the 1960's youth movement, why didn't the same thing happen for that generation? Why didn't the older folks die off and leave the Earth for the younger to prosper in?
What you may not realize is that those "traditionally" minded folks, the "conservatives" as you call them (although I don't think there's anything "conservative" about violently marginalizing the drug users in our society, perpetuating warfare, and generally pissing everybody off), are here, amongst our peers. YOU don't know them, because you surround yourself with like-minded people. But just as you know x amount of people with a given set of beliefs, some conservative kid who sold his soul to organized religion knows just as many like-minded soon-to-be-leaders-of-oppressive-organizations as you know cool kids.
So the theory may APPEAR to hold some truth, but it really doesn't.
It's like in 1984, even if the individuals die, the Party will live on forever, and in this way its members gain immortality. It is with this very same mentality that the corrupt and powerful members of human society condition their children to follow in their footsteps. So that the powerful organization that so pleased them in their secular life will immortalize them in this world.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
You have to realize who makes the laws... Law makes.

How many of your friends want to study law?

How many want to enforce law?

The thing is, the people who like this shit are usually not the people who like psychodelics. They are usually studying law or politics for money / power / status. They aren't real people - most of the time...

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
laws aren't made by lawyers they are made by politicians.

Politicians don't make laws for the benefit of society, they make laws that they think will give them a better chance of being re-elected. This is why so many parties go to the polls on a platform of heavier penalties for criminals and drug use and more spending on public health etc - they believe this is what the majority want (because the media tell us this is what the majority want) and therefore introducing harsher laws they believe they will get re-elected.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
itsscience a dit:
laws aren't made by lawyers they are made by politicians.

Politicians don't make laws for the benefit of society, they make laws that they think will give them a better chance of being re-elected. This is why so many parties go to the polls on a platform of heavier penalties for criminals and drug use and more spending on public health etc - they believe this is what the majority want (because the media tell us this is what the majority want) and therefore introducing harsher laws they believe they will get re-elected.

Every president in history has been a lawyer and studied law.

They are a different breed. Unfortunately, only they are in control because only they are the ones that want to be in control.

LittleLinda

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Nov 2010
Am I the only one here in this forum who doesn't think legalising is such a great idea? Imagine a world filled with stoners everywhere. I don't know... May be the rules regarding penalties should be relaxed, but legalised? Are you sure? Imagine all the additional accidents, all the teenagers who would fry their brains away, etc.

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
LittleLinda a dit:
Am I the only one here in this forum who doesn't think legalising is such a great idea? Imagine a world filled with stoners everywhere. I don't know... May be the rules regarding penalties should be relaxed, but legalised? Are you sure? Imagine all the additional accidents, all the teenagers who would fry their brains away, etc.
the world is already filled with stoners everywhere. as for frying their brains out, its cannabis being discussed here.
you have a strange naive view on cannabis

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
WTF are you talking about?

If you apply that logic to __________, you will see how ludicrous you sound.

'We can't legalize alcohol, just imagine all the drunks everywhere. All the accidents. All the problems."

First, Ms. Lovelace, alcohol is known by everyone to be a far bigger hazard to the health and safety of young people.

How many people have you ever heard of being date-raped with pot?

Any fucking society that can accept alcohol, can damn well cope with the consequences of cannabis legalization.

And any society that can justify war on economic grounds can shut up and learn a new way to generate money, peacefully, humanely.

Teenagers are going to continue to 'fry their brains away' regardless of what some fat old legislator THINKS he should be doing.

Is a theme beginning to emerge here?

Linda, it sounds to me like your name is probably Jack, and you wear a tie.

ArthBH

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Nov 2010
Linda I don't think you belong on this forum if you hold such views, as you clearly aren't a psychonaut. No offense to you, but you seem to have a complete lack of knowledge.

And this brings me to why drugs will probably not be legalized in our life times: lack of knowledge. I just came across a website that used this fact; 'Marijuana contains 400 chemicals' to scare people. Now anyone with half a brain knows that everything is made up of chemicals, and a banana probably contains more of them than marijuana. The problem is, theres a fuck load of people who don't have a half a brain who will fall for it, and perhaps even more people who will just say anything to scare people from marijuana. The core problem is fear. A lot of people are scared of drugs, and they feel as if they're missing out when they see people as high as a kite after a couple of bong hits. The kind of people who don't like drugs are very often the ones who would react worst to them. But I ask you to look on the brightside. Although I realise in America the marijuana and drugs trade is horrific, in Britian the marijuana trade is like a cottage industry, and it wouldn't be ridiculous to say its all fun and games a lot of the time. Sure it depends on your area, but in my fairly middle class rural area, its a really nice little industry. As is the LSD industry. Coke and smack is of course part of a terrible industry, but I'm not interested in those drugs at all anyway. Just think what might happen if the corporations started producing weed though... it could be far worse than it is now.

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Psychonauts also dont blame everything on one religion regardless of how many people are screwed up in that religion. Yeah you can catch me bashing Christians from time to time but I am mostly bashing the ignorance and not the religion. There are just as many conservative idiot non Christians out there as Christian and just because they call themselves Christians doesnt mean they are. Just becuase you call yourself anything only means you call yourself that. Whether or not anyone else thinks you are is entirely different.

That all having been said. Laws are put in place to protect the stupid. Sure some stupids still get through and go past it but frankly I think your better off having strict laws that can be bypassed through loopholes then open laws that let the idiots destroy everything.

Imagine if it was legal to throw your trash anywhere anytime. No such thing as littering or dumping. Got an old couch you dont want in your house anymore. Go dump it down by the side of the road in front of someone else's house.

Imagine if it was legal to drink and drive and every road was the autobahn. "Yeah I can hold my liquor. I can kick back a beer or three while doin 90 down the wrong side of the road during heavy traffic."

There are always idiots that need to be roped in and sometimes we are them.

Think the answer is more towards moderation. More research, more control of quality. Legalize weed down to 12 year olds and youll have 12 year olds destroying their growth and hormones because its a quick kick to get high with daddies friends. Yet doing research and control and confirming through public studies the effects of any drug on the growth process of the human body could be a good thing.

What if it was legal to dump high quantities of LSD in your brother's breakfest cereal before he went off to school? Or dose your bus driver before they go on shift.

Need some level of control just where and how much is what needs to be debated.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well it surely has to happen. shit can't go on like that. we need again a psychedelic revolution and more true environmental + spiritual awareness as the planet, the people, animals, etc need loving to be healthy. apart from the great benefits that for example the hemp plant has to offer in terms of variety + efficiency in usage, it is just like most natural psychedelic plants
a tool for expanding, exploring and connecting consciousness, which seems to be essential in cultivating a higher sense of love and integration. so this doesn't mean knowledge and education are not important or even essential regarding the use, to prevent abuse and wrong use, like from too young people or people who aren't ready or so...
i mean it has to be recognized and acknowledged that being responsible about the use is for your own good and benefit, thus
the right information and truth about that should be spread as much as possible to kill off all the disinformation and evil attempts of suppressing the potentiality of human freedom and joy.. :idea:
like robert anton wilson said, one should be able to decide for himself/herself what to put in the bloodstream, yet proper knowledge and responsability about what it does and about oneself should therefore surely be propagated.
i fucking hate how "they" want to prohibit us nature... damn bastards.. forgive them for they don't know what they do, but don't jump on their train of ignorance for your own sake.
we're divine human beings and not mechanical robots or whatnot. let us not forget that. :!:
it seems hard to appeal to empathy or understanding of lawmakers cuz of their lack of it and their probably hopelessly brainwashed condition, so we might indeed need to get more drastic measures to do the job.
you know what that means psychonauts!! war against anti-drugs!!! just kidding lol but just think about it for a moment... :ninja: :p

peace (thats what we need and maybe we need the psychedelic plants for help!?)

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
I am not sure that it is the Christians that you should be hoping all die off, if they go then you will have Islam and I think that would be worse. Christians have done a lot of things that are questionable. However, when you look at the large majority they just want to live and have the right to freely exist... just like you! They want their children to grow up in a community that they don't have to worry about someone on meth rapping and killing their babies... not such a bad idea. Don't be so intolerant of their ideas, one day you might even think that they are not so bad.

Just a thought!

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
agree. even if it's not something i approve of (religious propaganda), the product of it is generally someone i can condone.

it's really just the extremists from any point of view that one needs to focus on removing from the equation...

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
I don't think that Jesus would condone most of the things that has been done in the name of God. I would doubt that he would condone religion in an organized sense, at least not what it has become. Maybe I am wrong. I am more afraid of silencing someone who is christian because it opens the door to silencing my tongue or another's. Education is the key to dissolving ignorance, dissolving ignorance is the key to personal freedom. Brainwashing people to think like a group of people is not education and radical ideas that involve death casts a shadow of darkness on any cause... no mater how bright it is.

Sometimes I get discouraged when I look out my window, I hope that a day will come when I will live in a peaceful society that doesn't have boundaries. I also know that it probably wont happen until they find a drug that cures greed. For now though I have today, and that's ok for now!

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
80's metal yell - Live an let die-e-I... Proced to acapella guitar.

I don't say this to support the theory I'd just like to experiment in boosting morale.

TheWoodlander

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Avr 2013
Just lurking this thread because I saw the name of a NOFX song.

I think we should riot DC and demand everyone to step down so we can live in anarchy.
Lots of people will disagree with this, but I believe in anarchy.
Some somebody is doing something wrong against another person they will likely be naturally taken care of by common society.

neonoctafish

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Août 2013
TheWoodlander a dit:
Just lurking this thread because I saw the name of a NOFX song.

I think we should riot DC and demand everyone to step down so we can live in anarchy.
Lots of people will disagree with this, but I believe in anarchy.
Some somebody is doing something wrong against another person they will likely be naturally taken care of by common society.
I'm also an anarchist but I have to take issue with the riot idea. Once you introduce violence into the equation you empower violence across the board. If we're preaching a higher consciousness we have to be better than that which we oppose.