Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

diethyl ether

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
i am getting my hands on some diethyl ether soon.

does anyone have any xp with this substance?

any recomended (fun?) combinations, best set & setting, health hazzards?

oh, and how should i store it for a longer period? cold dark i assume?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
High Sopor ,

Please , please , please DONT take any Diethyl ether . NEVER EVER . Its pure brain , liver , kidney , blood and bone marrow damage . It makes people into total mental wrecks . It will kill your IQ . Its worse than sniffing glue . Go to the person that advised you to take it and beat the shit out of him , he is a danger to humanity .

Your post has realy frightened me . Please dont do it . You only have one brain and one life please dont throw it away .

Love GOD

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
it is not really the input i expected, but i much appreciate it. i was doing a bit of research and it seemed strange to me that there are no health warnings. not even on erowid?

i never intended to take it on regular basis. just an experiment. it seemed fun in fear and loathing in las vegas. but since there is physical harm to be expected, i will reconsider using it.

do you know any reliable articles on it's health damage?

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Just don't use it, there is nothing to reconsider. Do what god said, beat the shit out of this guy who did try to sell you this shit!

Greets,
Mysticwarrior.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
it is exactly the same as sniffing glue. it works in exactly the same way. the vapors are highly explosive in concentration. once you have opened a bottle you will find even if you close it tightly if you try and store it it will evaporate. if you store it in the house you risk explosion through accumulated vapors.
ive used it for extracting plant oils using extreme caution but stored it away from the house. it is fairly dangerous in that if you pass out you run the risk of swallowing your tongue or inhaling vomit

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
c'mon guys, no need for violence...

i am not trying to be a smart ass but afaik diethyl ether has been used as a anasthetic in medicine. and since there is no research i can find that would say it is shit, i have a right to be in doubt, i guess.

don't get me wrong, i am not taking it.

just doing a research, because diethyl ether became available here, but nobody (incl. me) seems to have a clue about the harm it can do.
so if anyone knows of any reliable sources showing the dangers of using ether, i would be very grateful.

peace

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
google it. notice i didnt say not to take it, i just pointed out some dangers. i tried it myself. most of the physical dangers result from long term exposure. they stopped using it as an anaesthetic because the difference between anaesthesis and death had such a narrow margin. it is not as toxic as chloroform
and the effects are exactly the same as sniffing glue. it is a solvent that interferes with the permeability of neuron cell lipid membranes causing signal "leaking". thats how ether, chloroform nitrous oxide and the solvents used in glue all work. ask for facts and thats what youll get

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
sopor a dit:
c'mon guys, no need for violence...

i am not trying to be a smart ass but afaik diethyl ether has been used as a anasthetic in medicine. and since there is no research i can find that would say it is shit, i have a right to be in doubt, i guess.

don't get me wrong, i am not taking it.

just doing a research, because diethyl ether became available here, but nobody (incl. me) seems to have a clue about the harm it can do.
so if anyone knows of any reliable sources showing the dangers of using ether, i would be very grateful.

peace

in the middle ages they beat people as "anaesthetic" for medical purposes...
does it mean that the substance isn't harmful, when it is being used for medical purposes ????

the analogy to sniffing glue is good i think... also in fear and loathing in las vegas they say that it has this effect... maybe you remember when they take ether they walk into the circus like retards, because they don't have control over their bodies....

also, i wouldn't reccomend takin this shitt like everybody else here says!!

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Using a drug just because you saw it in a movie/in the book does not mean it is a high. They also made Andrenochrome legendary, but you can find people reporting on that. ;)

I'd say do what you want, but take what these guys have to say very seriously because they don't just talk to talk, they know there shit.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
its a very handy solvent. i would take it if its offered and not open the bottle till i needed a solvent. its good for plant oil extraction

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
High Sopor ,

Did you find anything positive in google about drinking ether ?

Did you see the film Hankock Yet ? Will smith , a realy existent person , is the star and he can stand on a railway track and stop an express train . He can also fly . Does that prove that he , or anyone else can ?

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
ok guys, decided to stay away from it. sniffin glue just isn't my cup of tea.

in moments like this i am glad to have comunities like this. if i had no info, i would probably just take it. and probably regret it.

thanks.

oh and btw: n2o causes brain damage too?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
So does shaking your head . Thats why i dont do both .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
oh and btw: n2o causes brain damage too?

i believe it leaves the system much faster than organic solvents. in high enough concentrations probably. in lower concentrations it wil do no harm

sneak

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Sept 2008
Wish i saw this before hammering a good 500ml a few years ago

Can Never forget that aftertaste. stayed there for hours. no smoking lol!

But yes, agreed, the stuff is fantastic for extractions of plants etc. Swim used it extensively when extracting coca plants. very clean and easy to work with. evaps faassssstt!