Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Day Jobs

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
How does the psychonaut earn a living? Is your job/career conducent to psychedelic exploration, or does it make your voyages more difficult and sparse? Are there other psychonauts at your workplace? Are the people there accepting of your neuronautic recreation? Or do you dare not speak of it?

I am a produce clerk at a grocery store, for now haha. It's a pretty decent gig, moving and cutting up vegetables and fruits all day- good environment for a vegetarian :P I like the people I work with there, one of whom is my best mate. They are mostly open-minded people and most of the younger employees smoke herb at least and many use/have used shrooms. There are actually a few other true psychonauts there too, which is nice for conversation.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i was working for a starbucks for a little while, but they dropped me for no reason. now im working in a sandwich shop, and in the meantime since being fired, ive been growing my hair out (from a mohawk) to a more "accepted" hair style in hopes of finding a better job. im thinking of working for the democratic party of georgia, or if i can find a decent serving job at a country club or something, that'd be cool too.

idk, minimum wage jobs are not conducive to the psychonautical mindset. all the people i work with are pretty simple, even the owner of the store, and as it stands now, i can hardly afford a gym membership (kickboxing), and car insurance, and have money left over for gas and food. not to mention trying to travel to hike/run/camp... shit's waaay weak. :cry: i still get by, :D though i'd like to move out soon...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
... Just finished summer semester of school. I've applied to (atleast) 30 jjobs since january, and finally I've got two callings, both of which are right up my alley;

a recycling and re-use center close by. They have everything you can think of that you can buy reused. It's great. I start tommorrow.

the next makes my mouth water, and I'll know if I get the job today:
Greenhouse. Studying the speciation of a certain flowering plant. I would wake up, bike to the greenhouse, tend/water/and harvest the plants, disect the flowering part, and allow the researchers further research. :heart:

I think alot of minimum wage jobs are conductive to psychonautic people - atleast the weed smokers, just get a job at erberts and gerberts :lol:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
?
The erberts and gerberts where I live are all bony long haired bike riding pot heads. It's great. I don't think erbs and gerbs makes you fat though? It's pretty healthy stuff

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I worked for the last 3 years and 3 month (until Aug 3'rd, 2010) working at UnitedParcelService loading parcels in to the trucks, after my 2nd hernia I decided to call it quits and am currently unemployed recovering from surgeries. Will probably end up delivering chinese food for a bit until I can get some money saved up and look for a nice office job, once I get healed up at least.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I was shiftworking in an analytic laboratory the last month. I had about half of the time there the possibility to read whatever I want, I think I read about 4 or 5 books, from Narcissus and Goldmund by Hesse ( :heart: ) to a tome by David Hawkins.
work consisted mostly of waiting for the assay and for the analyzation to finish. you sure learn how to wait there, gave me time for some half assed meditation as well. you should be immune to stupid pop crap from the radio though... drove me crazy at some points, especially waking up in the morning with the most stupid earworm the world could produce made me feel absolute horror :lol:
but well, the working times aren't conducive for psychonautism at all. after 2 weeks you feel like someone pulled you through the mincer because work always starts at different times, e.g. monday and tuesday at 5:30 in the morning to 13:30, wednesday and thursday from 13:30 to 21:30, and friday to sunday from 21:30 to 5:30, then you have two days free, which effectively feel like one day, and then it all starts anew. unhealthy, but it pays very well. for a month I'm ok with that.

I hope to get a job at a national park when I got my degree, I'd like that. or maybe freelancing here and there.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
This recycling job is 50% great, 50% shit. Literally sorting through month old bottles of milk containers, pop, spit -wads. It's horrible. Smells like you wouldn't believe and it's about 94°F here and 80% humidity.

The other part is great, you come across antique treasures of the university, old labs, and old professors... Get 500$ bikes for 35$. It's awesome.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
idk, it's just the food industry in general. i dont care much for serving people. it's not that i can't do it, it's just that there are too many other people that can't, customers and employees alike(not to mention fucking managers), which is frustrating. i want to work somewhere where everyone is properly trained and the people i work with to have some shred of intellect. the food industry thus far has not shown me much of this. i think a serving job might be better, but still.. idk, i used to make 15.42 an hour (8 hour day) doing photo assisting, so any job i encounter now is automatically held to that standard... i miss it so much :cry: