Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

crystal DMT + MAOI - what dose?

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
I have extracted some good DMT and I have a mg scale.
I have gotten about 450mgs from about 220grs of powdered MHRB (first extraction, I'm quite satisfied :)), from a different scource then where I made my ayahuasca from.
I have only done ayahuasca once, it was with a liquid extracted from 20 grams of whole rootbark that I ordered from *******.net
I had smashed it a little before I extracted from it.
I took about 3.3 grams (just to be sure) of Peganum about half an our before I gulged down half of the liquid I had extracted.
I puked after about 20 minutes, wich was about the time of the onset.
When I was tripping, about after 40 minutes since I had drank the first half, I chose to drink the other half wich I inmediately vommitted out :?
Still, I had a very nice humbling amazing experience but the vomitting was quite inconvenient. I tripped off it for about 3-4 hours, quite short I guess.
Still it was intense to me.
So I have 2 questions:

- Does taking pure DMT in a capsule (after taking the MAOI ofc) work fine just the same? Hopefully without the vommitting ^^

- What dose would you recommend for me? something comparable to my last trip or perhaps a little more would be perfect

Thx in advance for answers! Peace and love

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Would 100mgs be a good dose? Would this be more then my previous ayahuasca experience? This would be allright, but I don't want it to be too intense (yet ;))

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`d try 50 mgs and 3 - 4 grams of P.Harmala .

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I would agree with GOD. Anywhere from 50mg-75mg. I just read a TR of someone who took 150mg and said it was complete and utter hell. At the end he ended up puking.

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=4981

PEACE & LOVE

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I heard of someone taking 2x 300mg's anally.
She said she had lost all control and had no concept of anything, except she was a ball spinning in her own neurons...
You can look it up on youtube.com
"Shamanic Colonic"

And don't puke. You can always hold it in. I drank half a liter of ground phalaris, and half a liter of ground Pagnum Harmala in water (5.5 grams) and did fine.
Although, the trip never formed :evil:

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Thx for the tips.
I'll follow GOD and user_1919's advice.
You can always hold it in.
Perhaps YOU can, I really tried hard as I could but my stomache just couldn't bear it I suppose..

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Bastiaan a dit:
Thx for the tips.
I'll follow GOD and user_1919's advice.
You can always hold it in.
Perhaps YOU can, I really tried hard as I could but my stomache just couldn't bear it I suppose..

I think also that the actual trip makes you naseaus, not just the seeds and bark. The seeds didn't taste to bad to me, i actually chewed them haha

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
ok so...

as for dosage, its always prudent to go to lower dosages, and you can always take more later or some other time..

From my own experience, though, 50mg is definitely too little. SWIM already took 200mg, and it was very strong, yes, but just perfect.. somewhere closer to 100 could be a good dosage

as for nausea, its not just the actual trip and neither just the seeds / root

First of all, I wouldnt recommend anybody chewing straight the syrian rue seeds because they have quinazoline compounds that are responsible for the abortifacient properties in syrian rue, and little is known of the toxicity of these compounds. They are not as soluble in acidifyed water, as opposed to the beta carboline MAOIS which are very soluble in acidified water, so you can separate the good stuff from the bad stuff by making an acidified acqueous extract of the grinded seeds

(just crush the seeds, put them in a pot, add water, squeeze some lemon juice, boil for 15 mins or so, filter and save the water, put the filtered seeds back in the pot, add more water and lemon juice, repeat again.. you do this three times, in the end throw away the seeds, put the 3 waters together, boil down into more manageable amount, add honey to diminish adstringent taste and drink half an hour before the dmt)

One part of the nausea comes from the tannins which reside in the mimosa rootbark, which can be taken out by doing an egg white tannin removal.. Which is basically also the acid water boiling extract thing as above, but in the final step after you threw away the solids and have the water, before you reduce it to smaller amount, you add like half an eggwhite and mix it in the pot with water (with the fire on).. The eggwhite will suck up the tannins, and solidify and go to the top, so you can remove it easily

Another part of the nausea is from serotonin signaling, and there is a lot of serotonin in our guts.. One thing that helps a lot is drinking a ginger tea before, because ginger is a serotonin 5ht3 antagonist, which means it blocks the signalling at this specific serotonin receptor which is responsible for nausea. So ginger is great for diminishing nausea (its used even for chemotherapy patients)..

and lastly, you may anyways have some nausea (which the natives in the indigenous context dont consider a bad thing, vomiting for them is ´cleansing´..) so dont worry about it, just breathe, do what you have to, enjoy the experience and learn from it :)

hope it helps

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Do 100 mg's. You're going so fast and furious through the fields of infinity that you're considering to quit psychedelics for evermore after the experience. ;)

Btw, start lower though. :D Especially with MAOI's, they can turn out an experience in such a devastated way, for the better or the worse. Always be careful, blood pressure rises high out of nothing the first minute.

K

kenzo

Invité
For the love of God! Do some research instead of playing Hoffmann!

Erowid
and sign up at the forum at ayahuasca.com

It's a rockin' good forum and they tell you all about the preps you absolutely need to do at least 1 day before taking MAOI's. Some prescription and illegal drugs can postpone your trip for weeks, but t least you'll be alive.

There is a huge risk of dying from extreme high bloodoressure when taking MAOI and and a whole bunch of meds, drugs and food.
Please, just check and be prepared, man.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Why waste time ? You and all of us are already here . Just tell us what your opinions are .

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
I have taken your adivice GOD, having weighed off 60mgs (a little more but I didnt feel like throwing some back) and 4 grams of PH.
I'll report back in this thread when I intend on doing it, but I think this will not be very soon.
Even though I am very up for it.
I have smoked dmt a few times now (semi-low doses) and I feel quite comfortable with it.
I like it a lot, the intensity seems to come from inside or sth and I am quite comfortable with it on the contrary of what some of my friends that don't like it describe at quite low doses of being overwhelmed by the intensity

@kenzo
I watch what I eat 12 hours before and after ingestion of PH very carefully, thanks for your concern!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Why should that be to much please ?

braha_kahn

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Sept 2008
GOD a dit:
Why should that be to much please ?
Just wanna stress that I did say personally...

I had bad experiences with +3g of syrian rue... Most of the time I take 2g, if I take more I have a poisonous feeling,

I do watch out what eat though, but still it messes me up

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I have often taken 10 - 20 grams with no problems at all . If you google Peganum Harmala you will see that its an every day digestive help in asia , and that its been used from north africa to asia for thousands of years as a medicine . They have no ill effects .

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
GOD a dit:
They have no ill effects .

unless you are a pregnant woman.. in which case you might induce an abortion..

(though I guess if you were a pregnant woman you should anyways be avoiding all drugs in general :D )

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Yes your right ...... thats why pregnant women in north africa and asia dont take them . In what doses do they cause abortions ?

K

kenzo

Invité
Prhaps I came off as an A hole in the last post but its only because that such mundane thinhs like my asthma inhaler and antihihistamines should be avoided during tripping. To me that really sent a jolt through me cause i would never in million years have thought it - and I have done quite my sure of drugs believe me.

Here's a list from the forum mentioned, but I recommend anyone to register and have a look for them selves there. There are many good things there, like for instance a recipe for making AYA without all those hours of cookig. Just plain cold extractuin and eggwhite ckeaning:D

Here goe It's long....Most important I think are the meds, especially SSRI's like Prozac etc.

FOODS

What foods need to be avoided?

Basically foods that are aged, preserved, dried, fermented, pickled, cured (meats), rancid, old, outdated, overripe, or even slightly spoiled.

The following foods are recommended to be avoided with MAOIs:

- Meat that is not fresh, especially unfresh liver (fresh meat and fresh liver are safe)
- Smoked, fermented, pickled (herring) and otherwise aged or dried fish, lox; any fish that is not fresh
- Sausage, bologna, pepperoni, salami, corned beef
- Aged cheeses (cottage cheese and cream cheese are safe)
- Protein extracts
- Liquid and powdered protein dietary supplements
- Brewer's yeast, yeast vitamin supplements, or yeast extracts
- Fermented tofu, fermented bean curd, fermented soybean paste, soy sauce
- Canned soups, or soups made with protein extracts or bouillon
- Miso soup (contains fermented bean curd)
- Shrimp paste
- Sauerkraut
- Fruits that are bruised or even slightly overripe, especially bananas and apples; raisins and other dried fruits, fig newtons, etc (banana peels also should be avoided -- as though you'd eat them anyway)
- Avocados if soft or overripe (slightly underripe avocados are fine in moderation). Guacamole should be avoided.
- Red wine, especially Chianti; sherry, vermouth, champagne, brandy; beers and ales, including nonalcoholic; whiskey and liqueurs such as Drambuie and Chartreuse
- Dairy products that are close to the expiration date or that have been unrefrigerated (fresh yogurt is safe)

In addition to the preceding foods (which are aged, fermented, preserved, overripe. etc) avoid the following in large quantities:

- Fava beans, especially in large quantities
- Peanuts - in large quantities
- Raspberries - in large quantities
- Spinach, New Zealand prickly or hot weather - in large quantities
- Chocolate - in large quantities
- Caffeine in large quantities (note: in a few rare individuals, there may be a severe interaction with even small amounts of caffeine)

Also avoid:
- Aspartame (Nutrasweet)
- Monsodium Glutamate (MSG)

How long do they need to be avoided?

24 hours before and after drinking Ayahuasca should be sufficient.

Is it really important to avoid those foods?

The warnings about tyramine interaction sound very serious, because they are adapted from warnings about interactions with pharmaceutical MAOIs. There are fatalities on record from food interactions with pharmaceutical MAOIs.

However, food interaction with Ayahuasca is frankly not as serious a matter as it is with pharmaceutical MAOIs, because Ayahuasca is a reversible MAOI. Although not following the MAOI safety diet can potentially cause problems, there are no fatalities on record from food interactions with Ayahuasca.

http://forums.ayahuasca.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12275

However, while there are no reports of fatalities from food interactions with Ayahuasca, nevertheless, food interactions could conceivably be life-threatening for a person with severe high blood pressure or serious heart disease. People with these conditions, therefore, should follow the MAOI safety diet very strictly when taking Ayahuasca.

Many people have eaten proscribed foods with no problems whatsoever. On the other hand, people who have reported reactions often have eaten very small amounts of the proscribed food.

The main symptom of MAOI reaction is a headache that can be severe and can last for days. This is caused by a sudden spike in blood pressure. We have also had a number of anecdotal reports of blood pressure crashes from apparent food interactions. The main symptom of this is a sensation of being very cold, as well as weak. Furthermore, there is significant anecdotal evidence on this forum that not following the MAOI-safety diet increases the chances of panic attack.

Please note: Peganum harmala (Syrian rue) is a stronger MAOI than Banisteriopsis (Ayahuasca vine) and has potentially more serious interactions.

What can I eat?

In terms of the MAOI safety diet, basically foods that are as fresh as possible and not overripe, preserved, fermented, cured, aged, or spoiled in any way.

DRUGS AND MEDS

Is it really dangerous to combine some pharmaceutical drugs with Ayahuasca?

YES. Unlike food interactions, whose consequences are unlikely to be serious, interaction with pharmaceutical drugs and meds (including some over-the-counter drugs and certain herbs) can be potentially life-threatening.. The combination of MAOIs and other serotonin agonists or precursors poses a particularly severe risk of a life-threatening serotonin syndrome episode.

See:
http://www.holistic-online.com/REMEDIES ... s_MAOI.htm
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... id=1898666
http://home.caregroup.org/clinical/altm ... _Oxida.htm

Which drugs are dangerous with Ayahuasca?

These drugs and meds are potentially dangerous with MAOIs:

- other MAOIs
- SSRI's (any selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor)
- antihypertensives (high blood pressure medicine)
- appetite suppressants (diet pills)
- medicine for asthma, bronchitis, or other breathing problems; antihistamines, medicines for colds, sinus problems, hay fever, or allergies (Actifed DM, Benadryl, Benylin, Chlor-Trimeton, Compoz, a These include Bromarest-DM or -DX, Dimetane-DX cough syrup, Dristan Cold & Flu, Phenergan with Dextromethorphan, Robitussin-DM, Vicks formula 44-D several Tylenol cold, cough, and flu preparations, and many others -- any drug with DM or Tuss in its name.)
- CNS (central nervous system) depressants
- antipsychotics
- barbiturates
- alcohol

Illegal or recreational drugs that are very dangerous to combine with MAOIs:

- cocaine
- amphetamines (meth-, dex-, amphetamine), MDMA (Ecstasy), MDA, MDEA, PMA
- dextromethorphan (DXM)

Illegal or recreational drugs that may be dangerous to combine with MAOIs:

- opiates
- mescaline (any phenethylamine)
- barbiturates

Some specific pharmaceutical drugs that should not be combined with MAOIs (some are mild risks, others serious):

- Actifed
- Adderall
- Alaproclate
- Albuterol (Proventil, Ventolin)
- Amantadine hydrochloride (Symmetrel)
- Amineptine
- Amitriptaline
- Amoxapine (Asendin)
- Atomoxedine
- Befloxetone
- Benadryl
- Benylin
- Benzedrine
- Benzphetamine (Didrex)
- Bicifadine
- Brasofensine
- Brofaromine
- Bupropion (Wellbutrin)
- Buspirone (BuSpar)
- Butriptyline
- Carbamazepine (Tegretol, Epitol)
- Chlorpheniramine
- Chlor-Trimeton
- Cimoxetone
- Citalopram
- Clomipramine (Anafranil)
- Codeine
- Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)
- Cyclizine (Marezine)
- Dapoxotine
- Desipramine (Pertofrane)
- Desvenlafaxine
- Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine)
- Dextromethorphan (DXM)
- Dibenzepin
- Dienolide kavapyrone desmethoxyyangonin
- Diethylpropion
- Disopyramide (Norpace)
- Disulfiram (Antabuse)
- Dopamine (Intropin)
- Dosulepin
- Doxepin (Sinequan)
- Duloxetine
- Emsam
- Ephedrine
- Epinephrine (Adrenalin)
- Escitalopram
- Femoxitine
- Fenfluramine (Pondimin)
- Flavoxate Hydrochloride (Urispas)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Fluvoxamine
- Furazolidone (Furoxone)
- Guanethedine
- Guanadrel (Hylorel)
- Guanethidine (Ismelin)
- Hydralazine (Apresoline)
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan
- Imipramine (Tofranil)
- Iprindole
- Iproniazid (Marsilid, Iprozid, Ipronid, Rivivol, Propilniazida)
- Iproclozide
- Isocarboxazid (Marplan)
- Isoniazid (Laniazid, Nydrazid)
- Isoniazid rifampin (Rifamate, Rimactane)
- Isoproterenol (Isuprel)
- L-dopa (Sinemet)
- Levodopa (Dopar, Larodopa)
- Linezolid (Zyvox, Zyvoxid)
- Lithium (Eskalith)
- Lofepramine
- Loratadine (Claritin)
- Maprotiline (Ludiomil)
- Medifoxamine
- Melitracen
- Meperidine (Demerol)
- Metaproterenol (Alupent, Metaprel)
- Metaraminol (Aramine)
- Methamphetamine (Desoxyn)
- Methyldopa (Aidomet)
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
- Mianserin
- Milnacipran
- Minaprine
- Mirtazapine (Remeron)
- Moclobemide
- Montelukast (Singulair)
- Nefazodone
- Nialamide
- Nisoxetine
- Nomifensine
- Norepinephrine (Levophed)
- Nortriptyline (Aventyl)
- Oxybutynin chloride (Ditropan)
- Oxymetazoline (Afrin)
- Orphenadrine (Norflex)
- Pargyline (Eutonyl)
- Parnate
- Paroxetine (Paxil)
- Pemoline (Cylert)
- Percocet
- Pethedine (Demerol)
- Phendimetrazine (Plegiline)
- Phenergen
- Phenmetrazine
- Phentermine
- Phenylephrine (Dimetane, Dristan decongestant, Neo-Synephrine)
- Phenylpropanolamine (in many cold medicines)
- Phenelzine (Nardil)
- Procarbazine (Matulane)
- Procainamide (Pronestyl)
- Protriptyline (Vivactil)
- Pseudoephedrine
- Oxymetazoline (Afrin)
- Quinidine (Quinidex)
- Rasagiline (Azilect)
- Reboxetine
- Reserpine (Serpasil)
- Risperidone
- Salbutemol
- Salmeterol
- Selegiline (Eldepryl)
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
- Sibutramine
- Sumatriptan (Imitrex)
- Terfenadine (Seldane-D)
- Tegretol
- Temaril
- Tesofensine
- Theophylline (Theo-Dur)
- Tianeptine
- Toloxatone
- Tramidol
- Tranylcypromine (Parnate)
- Trazodone
- Tricyclic antidepressants (Amitriptyline, Elavil)
- Trimipramine (Surmontil)
- Triptans
- Vanoxerine
- Venlafaxine (Effexor)
- Viloxezine
- Yohimbine
- Zimelidine
- Ziprasidone (Geodon)

Also avoid the following herbs:

St. Johns Wort
Kava
Ephedra
Ginseng
Yohimbe
Sinicuichi
Rhodiola Rosea
Kanna
Boswellia
Nutmeg
Scotch Broom
Licorice Root

Using stimulants with MAOIs is particularly dangerous and can be potentially fatal. Using cocaine, amphetamines or MDMA (Ecstasy) with MAOIs may cause a severe increase in blood pressure, increasing the chances for stroke and cerebral hemorrhage and making it possible to overdose on a relatively small amount of cocaine. (A fatality has been recorded involving combining Peganum harmala and cocaine. Fatalities resulting from combining amphetamines with pharmaceutical MAOIs are recorded in the medical literature.)

Using other serotonin agonists or precursors with an MAOI can lead to serotonin syndrome. The main symptom of serotonin symptom may be a severe and long-lasting headache (the same symptom as MAOI tryptamine interaction) and/or fever (as high as 40 °C / 104 °F or more) Other symptoms of serotonin syndrome may include rapid heartbeat, shivering, sweating, dilated pupils, intermittent tremor or twitching, overactive or overresponsive reflexes, hyperactive bowel sounds, high blood pressure. Severe serotonin syndrome may lead to shock, agitated delirium, muscular rigidity and high muscular tension. renal failure, seizures, and can be life-threatening.

Using Tricyclic antidepressants within two weeks of taking MAOIs may cause serious side effects including sudden fever, extremely high blood pressure, convulsions, and death.

Using Fluoxetine (Prozac) within five weeks of taking MAOIs may cause high fever, rigidity, high blood pressure, mental changes, confusion and hypomania.

Using Benzedrine, Benzphetamine, Desipramine, Desoxyn, Dexedrine, Dopamine, Ephedrine, Epinephrine, Guanadrel, Guanethidine, Hydralazine, Isoproterenol, L-dopa, Metaraminol, Methyldopa, Mirtazamine, Norepinephrine Oxymetazoline, Phendimetrazine, Phentermine, Phenylephrine, Phenylpropanolamine, Pseudoephedrine, Ritalin, or Venlafaxine with MAOIs may cause a hypertensive crisis (severe spike in blood pressure).

Using Adderall with MAOIs can result in high body temperature, seizure, and in some cases coma.

Using Bupropion (Wellbutrin) within two weeks of taking MAOIs may cause serious side effects such as seizures.

Using Buspirone (Buspar) with MAOIs may cause high blood pressure and increased sedative effects.

Using Carbamazepine (Tegretol) with MAOIs may result in fever and may increase seizures, especially in epileptics.

Using Clomipramine with MAOIs may cause high fever and seizures.

Using CNS depressants with MAOIs may increase the depressant effects.

Using Dextromethorphan with MAOIs may cause excitement, high blood pressure, and fever, or brief episodes of psychosis.

Using Fenfluramine with MAOIs may result in fever.

Using Kava with MAOIs may result in hypotensive crisis (severe blood pressure drop).

Using Lithium with MAOIs may cause fever and serotonin syndrome.

Using Meperidine (Demerol) with pharmaceutical MAOIs has resulted in deaths from a single dose.

Using Metaproterenol or other beta-adrenergic bronchodilators with MAOIs may cause blood pressure elevation and rapid heartbeat.

Using Temaril with MAOIs may increase chance of side effects.

Using Terfenadine with MAOIs may cause an increase in MAOI blood levels.

Using Theophylline with MAOIs may cause rapid heartbeat and anxiety.

Using Tryptophan or L-tryptophan with MAOIs may cause disorientation, confusion, amnesia, delirium agitation, memory impairment, hypomanic signs, shivering.

Using Ziprasidone (Geodon) with MAOIs may cause serotonin syndrome.

Using alcohol with MAOIs may cause side effects like angina (chest pain) or headaches. The headache may mask or be mistaken for hypertensive crisis caused by MAOI interaction. MAOIs can also increase the sedative effect of alcohol.

Using opiates with MAOIs carries a risk of respiratory depression.

Using diuretics with MAOIs may cause a greater drop in blood pressure than normal and increase in MAOI blood levels.

Using anesthetics with MAOIs may potentiate the anesthetic effect.

Using sleeping pills, tranquillizers (major or minor), or barbiturates with MAOIs may increase the sedative effect.

Special note to diabetics: MAOIs may change the amount of insulin or oral antidiabetic medication that you need. Notes on Diabetes and Ayahuasca.

Threads discussing specific meds:

antibiotics
antihistamines
asthma inhalers
SSRIs
Acetominophen
Codeine
Diazepam
Elavil
Kava
Kava
Klonopin
Klonopin
Losartan (Cozaar)
Methadone
MDMA
Oxycodone
Paxil
Percocet
Prozac
Risperdal
Stratera
St Johns Wort
Vicodin
Wellbutrin
Zoloft

If your meds are not listed here, you could post an inquiry in the Information forum, but people in the forum don't necessarily know about every med so there may not be an answer to your question. Before asking, it is suggested that you do a web search on the name of the drug + MAOI; and you should also ask your doctor about whether your drug is contraindicated with MAOIs. (It is not necessary to mention Ayahuasca to your doctor in order to ask the question about MAOIs.)

If you find out such information about a drug that is not mentioned here, it could be a service to others if you posted what you learned in the Information forum.

How long do you have to stay off contraindicated drugs before and after an Ayahuasca ceremony?

Depends on the drug. May be 24 hours, may be six months. Two to six weeks is typical, but do not guess. Find out for sure from your doctor.

Your doctor may be unfamiliar with Ayahuasca specifically, but tell him or her that you are planning to take a reversible MAOI.

Medical consultation is especially important if you are taking Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Zoloft or other antidepressants affecting serotonin levels, i.e. serotonin selective re-uptake inhibitors (SSRI), because these substances must be reduced gradually. Fluoxetine (Prozac) requires 8 weeks (56 days) and most other SSRIs five weeks (35 days) to clear the system.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Just plain cold extractuin and eggwhite ckeaning:D "

Please give me the exact location of that .

The rest of the post is to long to read . A lot of it is crap . And there is a big diference between natural MAOIs and chemical ones . Its obvious that one should only use natural ones and never mix MAOIs with medicines .