Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Crying while on shrooms

faithless

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Août 2007
Do you cry while on shrooms?

I mean not crying because having sad thoughts, but crying without any reasons?

I often experience this: my eyes start to drop great amount of tears and I'm wondering why it is so. I'm not having any negative thoughts at all..

Is it because of the intensity of the thoughts you have? Or is there another reason, more "scientific" ?

Or do you NOT cry while on shroom, and think I'm crazy? :p

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
Haha, I was just thinking about posting a thread like this but thought against it, guessing it was probably just me.

I think it's because it's intense, because afterwards if I think about how I was feeling when I cried, it just feels.. powerful.

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I cry on Mushrooms. My reason is I am experiencing complete bliss and joy that it is so fucking beautiful, thats my only way to express my emotions.

PEACE & LOVE

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I often cry of joy and happiness in my shroom trips. Especially my last one, which was my biggest trip, I kept crying for like 3-4 hours, cause the music was sooooo beautiful and I was soooo happy... complete bliss :crybaby:

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I have cried of joy and happiness, and also because of bad feelings on shrooms (though more because of joy and happiness)

However, what you experience I wouldn't call crying, I know what you mean and I have it too. Your eyes are watering without any feelings involved. That is just like your pupils are wide, it's a bodily reaction to the shrooms, nothing to worry about. At least I don't think so - I always have it and it never harmed me or my eyes (actually too much fluid in your eyes can't be bad - if your eyes were horribly dry then I'd start to worry!)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Happened to me too a couple times, although it was neither joy nor bliss, more feelings of incredible nostalgia, or feeling awakened to some deeply moving realizations...

G

Invité
I experienced it too, also on acid.
It's just that your eyes start to overflow with fluid.
I have no explanation for it, but it doesn't do any harm

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Yeah, on acid and mescaline as well.

It feels like a subtle outburst of extreme joyness about being a being with awareness and senses. And the tremendous appreciation of being alive.

I often realise what caused it right after I have rapidly switched over to another state of being/feeling and remain with the fluid on my cheeks.

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
All my body fluids flow in abbundance on shrooms.
Always felt it like cleansing healing properties of mushrooms. Like when you clean your fishtank the old water has got to go somewhere..
Once had a bit of a cold and my nose was stuck, couldnt breath trough my nose. Had a trip planned for that day and decided me not able to breath through my nose wasnt going to stop me from eating the mushrooms. My nose was open the whole trip and when the effects where gone my nose closed again. Cant remember if i got better sooner as normal. Do remember me being able to do something on shrooms which i was unable of withouth them... normaly its other way around :p

Mushrooms are love

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Brugmansia a dit:
Yeah, on acid and mescaline as well.

The most bliss I've ever felt during psychedelic trips has always been on acid, once i've settled into the trip and adjusted. My limited experience with mescaline was quite blissful and profoundly relaxing as well.

Mushrooms are always more of a bittersweet joy for me. acid seems to be more about the bliss of just existing, sensing and being self-aware.

Echoes

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Nov 2009
I cried last night! :crybaby:
The trip made aware of many aspects in my life…and I'm going to change some things now
Today I called some friends and told them how amazing and beautiful they are :D
We should do that more often...

GregKasarik

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Fev 2010
Good for you, Echoes!

I've certainly cried while tripping. Mostly because of the awesome beauty of it all, but sometimes because I have connected with the Divine Mind and become aware at a fundamental level of all the suffering that is inherent in the very act of being alive. I'm glad that it isn't my role to experience that and feel so sorry for those who do.

peach

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Nov 2008
I do it as well.

For me, it has nothing to do with the feelings, I don't think, it just seems to happen automatically with strong doses.

It's not like normal crying, I'll just have tears in my eyes or them slowly dripping down my cheek as opposed to pouring out when I see or feel something incredible, beautiful or horrible. And it'll last for a long time, regardless of how the things I'm experiencing are changing. From what I can remember, having eaten a quarter to a half ounce and having my memory of events somewhat distorted, if I lay with my head on one side, the other eye would end up way too dry; like I'd been keeping them open for too long without blinking, staring off with the million mile gaze and five mile smile for too long. :shock: :D :p

I do something similar with pills; which seems contradictory to what I should be doing. Quite often I'll start continually yawning as they go into my bloodstream, regardless of how not tired I am I can't stop doing it. Then the yawning will suddenly disappear as they start picking up; the same way the sick feeling for both pills and mushrooms seems to vanish at a certain point after eating them.

I think they may be some of the less well documented side effects of the drugs. They're affecting your nervous system at a high level, and your nervous system controls things like your tear ducts and urge to yawn at a subconscious level; which is often connected to the CNS in some way to report back between the two. It would be narrow minded to be distorting your CNS at such a high level and not expect those effects to propagate down to the peripheral nervous systems. You can see the subconscious, peripheral effects all over a pill chewers face, huge pupils and a muscle tension that looks like it's trying to compress coal into diamonds. Trippers are the same, with their gazing off into the distance and grinning, or scrambled speech.

"The walls are like jelly peas with coats made of apricots!"
"WHAT?!" :p

twoceebee

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Oct 2009
I cry all the time when I'm tripping alone, and it can be on any substance. It's not really an emotional thing, but sometimes the release of tears feels nice! I'd like to know more about this phenomenonenonenon :p

You can see the subconscious, peripheral effects all over a pill chewers face, huge pupils and a muscle tension that looks like it's trying to compress coal into diamonds.

That quote has made my day!

Edit: I'd just like to add that I cry very occasionaly for no reason when im sober too - not upset, not ecstatically happy either. Just tears! Only seems to happen when I'm on my own. There's a good chance I'm just weird though :rolleyes:

blode

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Juin 2010
I cry quite a bit on shrooms. Whether i'm happy or sad, sometimes I don't even realise I am crying but I just have tears go down my face. It can be quite embarrassing when i'm with friends but meh, it's just the shrooms.

Phosphorus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Juin 2010
never really cried. I do usually get verry wet eyes for a long time, this is due to strong (positive) emotions Not strong enough i guess.

edit, maybe sometimes its just not blinking enough

rockinsoul

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Avr 2011
I cried on shrooms last night when I realised I was God! haha :wink:

C

Clurrabis

Invité
I cry with pretty much every strong dose I've taken. It's not a sad cry, or a happy cry. Tears just seem to jump from my eyes for no reason. However, I know people that take even stronger doses, and do not cry. I suppose it's different for everyone, but up until I saw this thread I thought I was alone.

flickedbic

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Mar 2011
Also, one can produce seemingly huge amounts of mucus.

I often have cried; be it from revelation or ecstacy.

Rivers flowing from eyes, nose and mouth simultaneous......

Blessings.