Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

chocolate is a bad idea

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
lol, reminds me of when i tried to eat a mars while tripping on shrooms.. it felt really weird and sticky, i chewed half of it then spit it out and left it somewhere besides the bed to be found at the end of the trip by magickmumu :lol:

fruits are the way to go ;) (and then only at the end when i get hungry and active)

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
the only thing i will eat on a trip is fruit or fruit juice. anything else tastes bad to me.i suppose vegetables wouldn't be bad either, in theory, but they don't share that tangy sweet nectar i desire.. i swear if i could, that's all i would eat

kind of random, but i've heard that things like orange juice (either vit C or calcium :?: ) can intensify a trip. is there any foundation for this? i am pretty sure the rumor originated with mdma, but was said that it could be used for anything "psychedelic" (the likes of mdma, acid, or mushrooms.) is this totally unfounded, or have others possibly heard the same thing?

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
^^ Placebo

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
Damn, a few times I've taken mushrooms that were actually cooked in with chocolate. The trips were good and everything felt fine, but maybe it had something to do with these extreme hangovers I get the next day.. :x

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I have no problems with chocolate, as long as it is dark and bitter. I don't like the sugary fatbombs they sell as chocolate.

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
^ +1

I just tripped a low dose last night, and found that I could sort of feel how good a food was for me. My hippy cereal (the kind that uses alternative ingredients but is still basically crap for you) felt bad, but the pear and the healthy cookies my ladyfriend made for me were full of energy and love.

Cool to hear that other people feel the same.

The sensation of feeling the food from across the room was related to the body high that I had. Anyone know what I mean?

Oh and cannabis!! :weedman:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
agreed, good, dark chocolate i can handle. candy bars, no way. those contain very little chocolate anyway, mostly filler and sugar

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Oknayd a dit:
lol, reminds me of when i tried to eat a mars while tripping on shrooms.. it felt really weird and sticky, i chewed half of it then spit it out and left it somewhere besides the bed to be found at the end of the trip by magickmumu :lol:

fruits are the way to go ;) (and then only at the end when i get hungry and active)

It's some years ago, but i still remember.
I was like :shock: what's this brown stuff on the floor.
:lol:

TwymX

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Avr 2008
It reminds me of when I ate a chocolate cookie while tripping on shrooms. It was delicious...a crunchy cookie encrusted with tender black chocolate nuggets. I don't know why, but it looked beautiful and tasted lovely. I wondered to what extent mushrooms magnify the taste of food.

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
yes sugary bombs are horrible... I can only eat very bitter chocolate anyways, like 80-90%.. When tripping I think some people become more sensitive and they realize that those sweets are horrible and unhealthy.

btw, there's quite a lot of reports of people mentioning a certain synergy between chocolate (maybe in special teobromine?) and mushrooms.. supposedly they were even used ritually together by certain tribes, but I dont remember the details, which tribes and so on, maybe someone can help me remember.

As for the orange juice thing, it might not be completely placebo. Ascorbic acid is an anti-oxidant, it may help preventing the breakdown of psilocin/cibin. Or there are other suggestions around about it increasing the bioavailability of the alkaloids due to some processes I dont understand.. Dont take my word for it, I will try to find where I read this but also maybe someone else can help here too :)

(damn stoner memory haha, vaporizer helps the lungs but the goldfish-memory-problem is still there :D )

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I think it doesn't mater what kind of food you eat while tripping its more about the quality, horrible cheap ass empty chocolate will taste just that like that, horrible cheap ass and empty. fruits are good only when they are ripe and at the end I can even handle the taste of meat as long its from a reliable bio/eco source.