Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

chewed S. divinorum ER

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
after soaking our respective doses in cold water for 10 minutes, J, M, and i chewed ? 7g each for ? 18-20 minutes
the setting was J's basement pad, completely dark w Dreamweapon by Spacemen 3 playing, everyone quietly lounging
the leaves were bitter but manageable, though as i chewed and the saliva built up it became increasingly difficult to keep from gagging
at about the 18 minute mark, i started to feel distinct salvinorin reality shifts:
i felt/saw the room sink down a bit and grow strangely darker
i spit the leaves out and lay back again, feeling generally altered for about a nother 10 minutes

at this point i decided to close my eyes to look for CEVs, and i'm glad i did
the real beauty of this experience came in the rich, imaginative, colourful images that played out behind my 'lids
the scenarios were vast and swooping, cinematic in style and scope
they delt w animals, people, and environments and evoked unsettling feelings as well as awe and wonder
at one point, during a particularly odd vision, i was struck w a better understanding of my past smoked Salvia divinorum experiences

at some point M came closer to me to talk about how she was feeling
she relayed that she was all so seeing detailed images when she closed her eyes
we chatted for a short time before J asked us to quiet down and we went back to lying apart, eyes closed

my experience lasted a total of maybe 45 minutes, M and J's experiences both lasting about an hour
J later mused that his having been in a bad mood may have hampered him and kept him tied to the exterior world

i'd type more but i'm not on my own computer

mrvn

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Sounds nice. I tried chewing once whit 3 grams but that didn't do the trick for me. I found it quite hard to keep it al in for the time it lasted :lol: but i'm going to try it again, sometimes soon.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
hey, thanks for sharing your experience! i tried this early this year with maybe about 4-5 grams. the taste doesn't bother me (dry mushrooms i find WAAY more unpalatable), but salvia really distorts my sense of touch and body, and i find it really hard not to swallow. by the time i had been chewing for 20-30 minutes my mouth had become the hoover dam and the saliva+salvia i was trying not to swallow was the churning, rushing waterfalls of Niagara. maybe another 20 minutes peaking total after i spat it out.. some weak open eyed visuals but a very strong head trip with feelings of communicating with entities, powers of telekinesis :p..

if i can find some more leaves i will definitely try it again someday, with a much larger dose! it was really fascinating the first time...

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
I tried chewing the leaf (about 3-5 grams); roughly the same size I'd put in a bowel.
The taste is indeed bitter, and manageable. The only problem I had was the buildup of saliva in my mouth. It was pretty hard to keep myself from swallowing it. I noticed no effects (as I only chewed a small amount and most of it was ash from previous bowels.) as well as 10-20 pure leaves of Salvia. I figured since the ash still may contain the oils and chemicals needed to have an effect that they would work. I may be wrong, but I think that once you burn it, it's better to just empty your bowel once it's all ash.

I have yet to experience any effect by chewing the leaves.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i've been wanting to do this for some time now, it sounds promising..

last time i had a breakthrough on salvia i was not in the best setting, and i had a full on obe, the only thing i can equate it to was traveling interdimensionally. so naturally, the transfer of my conscious back into my body afterwards was not pleasant at all, i was scared that i had ventured to a place that i was not coming back from once i initially regained my ego,( very different from the non-ego dimension,) and then shortly after that things were fine i suppose, but i was left feeling very sweaty and felt hot/cold at the same time, very physically and mentally irritable. im hoping the more gradual process of the quid will help with those side effects..
any input on what i should do with the quid trip, other than modifying my setting?

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
and then shortly after that things were fine i suppose, but i was left feeling very sweaty and felt hot/cold at the same time, very physically and mentally irritable. im hoping the more gradual process of the quid will help with those side effects..

That's exactly the reason why i don't like Salvia. Maybe that the quid method will work better, but i have doubts on that.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
the quid method is very different, practically a different drug. you aren't being blasted from zero to heavy psychedelic trip in 30 seconds. it's a comparably gentle climb over 20-30 minutes. and you can choose how far you want to go--spit it out and you stop coming up.

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
adrianhaffner a dit:
any input on what i should do with the quid trip, other than modifying my setting?
i'd say that setting is the most important aspect to pay attention to w the chewed method
you want to be in a fairly isolated area, away from any potential source of sudden sounds/lights
pitch black is best--J from the report above found that covering himself completely w a blanket was very helpful
music can be used to facilitate a 'transcendental atmosphere,' but you've got to be particular: ambient music of a fairly constant volume and group of frequencies is best

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Thanks all of you for posting experiences! Coincidently i've been pondering quite a while now whether to venture into the 'oral-salvia' realm or not, and I finally made up my mind :lol:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
magickpencil a dit:
adrianhaffner a dit:
i'd say that setting is the most important aspect to pay attention to w the chewed method
you want to be in a fairly isolated area, away from any potential source of sudden sounds/lights
pitch black is best--J from the report above found that covering himself completely w a blanket was very helpful
music can be used to facilitate a 'transcendental atmosphere,' but you've got to be particular: ambient music of a fairly constant volume and group of frequencies is best

yeah, something very similar to this was my idea for the quid. i realized the hard way that any kind of social setting is not good for a psychedelic shotgunblast like salvia, maybe a tight knit group of friends with something like acid. but sally, no me gusta.
i was more referring to the actual technique in preparing/ingesting. anyone found a method they consider efficient as far as amounts, preparations or lengths of time? i dont know much about the quid...

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
adrianhaffner a dit:
i was more referring to the actual technique in preparing/ingesting. anyone found a method they consider efficient as far as amounts, preparations or lengths of time?
in Bret Blosser's excellent article Lessons in The Use of Mazatec Psychoactive Plants he describes 13 pairs of leaves (26 leaves) rolled in to a cigar-shape being chewed
this to me sounds much more palatable than a pile of dried leaf fragments

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Does anyone know if lime would help absorption of the salvinorin, like the case of cocaleafs?

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
magickpencil a dit:
in Bret Blosser's excellent article Lessons in The Use of Mazatec Psychoactive Plants he describes 13 pairs of leaves (26 leaves) rolled in to a cigar-shape being chewed

that was a great article. ill have to incorporate alot of those ideas into my next salvia trip, except maybe add some kind of ambient soundscape as well. so i guess it doesn't really matter how much you use, as long as you have enough so that you aren't wishing you prepared more while already tripping..

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
maybe homeopathic salvia would be a good product.