Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cannabis + Sensory Deprivation = Woah.

• Auteur de la discussion Maganja
  • Date de début
M

Maganja

Invité
Have any of you guys tried sensory deprivation while high? I did, just last night, and it was trippy as hell. I saw the post on a marijuana blog talking about it, and my interest was piqued.

Now, the morning after, I know for sure I'm going to try it again.

~ ~ ~

I smoked up last night, and then went to lie down with a dark t-shirt over my eyes and earplugs in my ears. For the first while I felt nothing, just a bit of boredom, a bit of skepticism. In my boredom, I started assigning a beat to my breathing, one breath in, two breaths out. After a while I got lost in this and before I realized it, I started to experience hallucinations.

The first was auditory. In my mind, which had suddenly become like a dark movie theatre, the sound of a xylophone reverberated. There were five notes, and each were accompanied by blue ripples in the darkness. It was like an introduction to the main piece.

A great weight came over me then, and every part of my body that was covered by blanket or t-shirt felt like it had been covered by lead. I could not move, I would not move for fear I'd break the spell. A rushing sound accompanied the weight, like water flowing down a fast and turbulent river. This state lasted for longer than I could tell.

Eventually, the noise of water receded, and the weight lessened a little. This was the part where I was most lucid. It felt like I was hanging in space, looking into the clear, cold darkness with not a thought in my head. It was supremely peaceful in that false isolation, and also incredibly frightening. As if the vastness of the cosmos had been spread out before me.

Eventually, I became aware of footsteps in my head, as if a small man were trotting about, perusing the inside of my skull. Occasionally, it felt like he paused behind my eyes, staring out the way one would if checking the weather out a window. The footsteps remained for the rest of my voyage through the darkness.

After an indeterminate amount of time I began to move, twitching a finger cautiously. At the beginning, I had feared that I had thrown myself into a state that could not be left, and I would be trapped and paralyzed in this dark place that was my mind. Nevertheless, I found I could stretch my limbs, and I left that reflective state behind. Being able to see did not remove the cloudiness from my mind. However, I was able to fall into a deep sleep soon after.

~ ~ ~

And that was my experience with this sort of thing. Has anyone else tried? I'm curious to see what results they'd get, and if their physical, auditory and visual hallucinations would differ from mine.

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
i do believe you can experience hallucinations or waking dreams without needing any drug,

i self experimented with white noise, darkness and red light years ago, and would get flashes "dreams?" or memory events while awake.

the hardest thing is not to fall asleep while meditating attempting it lol.

when it first happens itll only be for a second or so, you make yourself "jump" and the sudden elevation in heartrate, bp etc makes it cease, but if you can learn to control your bodys reaction youll experience more than just fleeting flashes of memory/dreams while awake.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
That sounds really interesting, both. I have only had sober hallucinations from a fever.

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
you experimented sleep paralysis. i can tell by the weight feeling and the rushing sounds.

yeah, sensory deprivation is great. try doing the same thing you did but this time with acid :)