Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cannabis Forgetting and the Botany of Desire

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
great talk!

[youtube]QeCra-sn0dI[/youtube]

the speaker is michael pollan. the first ten minutes or so are not that interesting but he warms up and really gets on with it. he talks about lots of stuff that is so interesting to us 'nuts. some topics discussed are:

- are we really that more advanced than plants?
- the elaborate system they have developed to fend off potential devourers and get away with animals spreading their seeds
- discussion of the ancient use of several plants by animals to mess up the ol' consciousness
- a bit on the history of cannabis, how it was discovered, theories on why does it make thc, how awesome it is
- cannabinoid receptors, endogenous highs, anandamide, cbd
- lots of interesting scientific data backing up his ramblings
- lots of interesting quotes as commentary on his ramblings
- inebriation as a method of trimming mind information by forgetting (the delicious nucleus of the talk)

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
i just like this lecture so much i'm just going to shamelessly bump this thread

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
After having said this quote I will watch the video, one of my friends who I respect greatly said this to me once and I thought it was SO trippy at the time lol:

"Plants invented animals to carry their seeds"

Edit: dude this was awesome, thanks

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
looks like ive found something to watch after i finish season 4 of dexter tonight :D
thanks