Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cannabis and brain cells

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
I am wondering why and how cannabis 'destroys' brain cells. Can anyone give me a scientific explanation for that? Thanks in advance.

Peace.

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"cannabis 'destroys' brain cells."

Where does that come from ????? Have you got a source i can look at please ?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
druglessdouglas a dit:
it doesnt. free radicals may but thats smoking, nothing to do with the plant

do free radicals destroy brain cells ??? logically i think free radicals would be bad for the lung and not for the brain??? but maybe the free radicals would travel by blood-highway to the brain and cause damage there ???

also does anybody know whether tobacco kills brain cells??

i think the only damaging from cannabis is done by free radicals by smoking it or mixing it with a joint and therefore also smoking tobacco, but the drug component of the plant and therefore the plant-substance should be healthy i guess.

i am not sure about the difference in healthiness between eating it and vaporizing it. the difference to smoking should be obvious...

peace

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
OMG I'm now officially a War on Drugs victim, as I was taught that Mary J kills brain cells. I never questioned it, I thought it was related to the fucked-up short term memory effect of Cannabis.

So basically if one were to smoke a pure pipe of herb, there is nothing damaging about it besides the 'free radicals'(and maybe some other smoke-related damage to the lungs etc.), am I right?

Peace. :weedman:

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Yes. It's been proven that long term use (even abuse) of cannabis is not bad for ya.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
:weedman:

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
It is truly sad that our government is ignoring this amazing medicine. I thought their purpose was the serve the people and give the people what they want/need!? We have people who need help from this plant and they are saying no!?! That should be a criminal offence to deny citizens access to medical Marijauna, and it should also be an offence to tell people they cannot consume a substance given by mother nature.

PEACE & LOVE

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
Cannabis does not destroy brain cells.
It might help to build more synaptic connections with the right input (informations).

get a copy of "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" from Jack Herer
as it has been mentioned by druglessdouglas its smoking that can kill brain cells.

Alcohol kills brain cells dramaticaly. Being wasted on alcohol kills quiet a lot... (which should explain a lot :D)

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Also:

The most celebrated study that claims to show brain damage is the rhesus monkey study of Dr. Robert Heath, done in the late 1970s. This study was reviewed by a distinguished panel of scientists sponsored by the Institute of Medicine and the National Academy of Sciences. Their results were published under the title, Marijuana and Health in 1982. Heath's work was sharply criticized for its insufficient sample size (only four monkeys), its failure to control experimental bias, and the misidentification of normal monkey brain structure as "damaged". Actual studies of human populations of marijuana users have shown no evidence of brain damage. For example, two studies from 1977, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) showed no evidence of brain damage in heavy users of marijuana. That same year, the American Medical Association (AMA) officially came out in favor of decriminalizing marijuana. That's not the sort of thing you'd expect if the AMA thought marijuana damaged the brain.

It's from here:

http://www.drugtext.org/sub/marmyt1.html

It debunks the usual MYTHS about cannabis, various of which I see threads about here. It's short and provides strong sources and facts.

Everyone should read this, if only to know the bullshit that's been spread.

I think it says a lot about cannabis, that even with all these bogus claims, they haven't found ONE problem with it; in fact, usually the OPPOSITE turns out to be true:

--it actually helps your brain cell growth

--it's not a "gateway" (the sheer absurdity if this one makes me angry) but actually tends to substitute for much more dangerous stuff

--It actually stimulates the immune system

etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...............................

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
???????? a dit:
Yes. It's been proven that long term use (even abuse) of cannabis is not bad for ya.

No. It's only been proven that certain illnesses aren't caused by cannabis. Not that there is no possible cannabis-related illness. The latter is a pretty hard nut to crack.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
show me a cannabis-related illness.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
That's not the point. You cannot prove that something (i.e. a cannabis-related illness) doesn't exist. Even if I can't name you one. I am not the grandmaster of all knowledge, you know.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
???????? a dit:
show me a cannabis-related illness.

paranoia, schizophrenia, psychosis, etc. :p

i guess that could be classed as cannabis-related, but i suppose you know what's up with that...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Dont want to split hairs but those illnesse have nothing to do with cannabis . The fact that they break out / come to the surface in some cannabis smokers can .

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
GOD a dit:
Dont want to split hairs but those illnesse have nothing to do with cannabis . The fact that they break out / come to the surface in some cannabis smokers can .

yes. that's exactly my point. but some scientists or docs or wahtever stupid fucks say that cannabis is guilty of these illnesses.

but what can the plant do ??? it only does its job does it ??? can it know someone has a severe psychic problem below the surface of his/her personality??

i guess not... cannabis can not be blamed! :weedman:

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Yes, it cannot be blamed indeed.

Forkbender a dit:
That's not the point. You cannot prove that something (i.e. a cannabis-related illness) doesn't exist. Even if I can't name you one. I am not the grandmaster of all knowledge, you know.

I know that absence of evidence does not prove anything. Still, thousands of years of use... where are the symptoms, where are the victims? My comment was in context. And I sustain it.

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
But cannabis is bad for the short term memory, right, i think we all experience that ourselves, how is that part explained in the brain, is it because of the dead brain cells dissapearing faster or shi? i think theres a more difficult explainenation for that...anyone knows the explaination?

greeeeetz :weedman:
mush

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I have to disagree with the short-term memory statement. Maybe it applies to 99% of Cannabis users, but it's the opposite for me. It actually increases my mental abilities. I use it everytime I have to study for a big test/exam. I actually wrote my Biology exam STONED and I scored very high, where over 75% of the class failed. I walked out laughing, because every one of those idiots are anti-drug and I just wrote an 90% exam while they are failing. DRUGS ARE BAD, DON'T DO THEM! haha what a joke!

PEACE & LOVE