Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Canadian "Prince of Pot" willing to be extradited.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
Marc Emery, the self-described "Prince of Pot," says he is willing to stop fighting his extradition to the United States on charges of selling pot seeds to Americans and plead guilty on a drug charge even though it could mean up to eight years in a U.S. jail.

Mr. Emery says his Vancouver lawyer persuaded him that he could not win a fight against extradition that began after his 2005 arrest on charges of conspiracy to distribute marijuana seeds and marijuana and conspiracy to engage in money laundering.

Mr. Emery, 51, said his lawyer told him he had never seen the Canadian government refuse a U.S extradition request.

"The [federal] Conservative government under this Prime Minister is not going to start with you," Mr. Emery said in an interview yesterday, quoting his lawyer, Ian Donaldson.

"Literally, my lawyer refused to [proceed] because he said there's no hope to it. He said it would just be a waste of a week or two weeks of court time for a result he cannot anticipate will be a positive one."

He also noted that his wife, Jodie, preferred any option that would reduce his jail time.

From the Globe and Mail, Friday, Jun. 05, 2009

You can read the full story here.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
As if this isn't bad enough, the US District Attorney's spokeswoman said:

"Mr. Emery can say whatever he wants to say. We don't discuss [plea] negotiations,"

Dantediv86

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Now i wonder if this is concerning the BC3...i hope it's just Marc....'cause Michelle and M.Man don't deserve (not that Marc does in any way) to be extradited...

EDIT: what canadians should do, if truly disgusted by this is a mass distribution of marijuana seeds to the US....the fuckers wouldn't extradite so many Canadians on taxpayer's money.....

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
and all the charges would be dropped and everyone can go on with their life.

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
NOT MARC EMERY! what're they gonna steal from us next, our beavers?

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
This is so wrong.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
Dantediv86 a dit:
Now i wonder if this is concerning the BC3...i hope it's just Marc....'cause Michelle and M.Man don't deserve (not that Marc does in any way) to be extradited...

Unfortunately the other two are already convicted. Now whether they have been/will be extradited is another issue.

"Mr. Emery's two co-accused have already been convicted on the same charges he faces and are to be sentenced in July. The prosecution and defence have made a joint recommendation of two years probation."

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
Arcticpheonix a dit:
"Mr. Emery's two co-accused have already been convicted on the same charges he faces and are to be sentenced in July. The prosecution and defence have made a joint recommendation of two years probation."

The fact that they made a JOINT recommendation is quite humorous.

ochho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mar 2009
gonzebo a dit:
Arcticpheonix a dit:

The fact that they made a JOINT recommendation is quite humorous.

LOL I was thinking the same thing..

I saw an entire reportage on this the other day.. and it's all bullshit the people in charge of DEA and their counterparts at the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) are stupid ignorant fools that believe there is no SOFT or HARD drugs..and that marijuana is as dangerous and threatening for society and "youth" as any other drug out there.

But, the truth is slowly coming out ..every day, I see more documentaries.. debates.. etc about this subject. The days of the DEA tyranny are numbered..

And good luck to Marc Emery, he'll need it.. and let's hope that many like him will emerge to keep this fight going!

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
what a lousy lawyer!

:(

ochho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mar 2009
???????? a dit:
what a lousy lawyer!

:(

I don't think you can blame the lawyer.. more like blame the Canadian government for having no autonomy and just being a pet for the US..

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
ochho a dit:
But, the truth is slowly coming out ..every day, I see more documentaries.. debates.. etc about this subject. The days of the DEA tyranny are numbered..

Agreed. Every day I see more people questioning what they have been fed by their governments. So long as more people question, their days are indeed numbered.

As for who to blame, i think the blame lies on both the lawyer (only taking the easy wins huh?) and the Canadian government. That said, it's the government that is most at fault. This is Omar Khadr all over again. (If you aren't sure who that is, check out this. Namely the second paragraph.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
DAmmit! i don't want them to take away the Editor of my favorite magazine!

Kratom23

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Juin 2009
A real waste of time and money over a few seeds. Respect to him, reminds me of Howard Marks.
Good luck Marc.