Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Can Ego be changed?

Dantediv86

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
I love threads like this one

yes and no the answer is

yes if you are well aware of your ego and your mind is trained enough to deal with the changes.

No your mind is too addicted to your ego and therefore it won't change, unless you take the right pill.
this is how i view it
but i'm up for enlightenment.
i'll stick my fingers in the socket :idea:
and wait for divine intervention.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
The ego is change; it is this change that makes you feel the same.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Once one becomes aware of his ego, he can change the way he thinks, thus changing your ego. It seems to me that most people who are egoistic are people who are not aware of his or her ego, and enjoy the feeling that they get from inflating his or her ego. Once one becomes aware of his or her ego, they realize that it is what makes him or her up, and the person incompassing that body is not their true self. It is only then that one seeks to find his or her true self. In the process, killing your ego is changing your ego. Over time as you kill your ego, you leave ego-death with more knowledge about what its like to have total ego-death. If you implement this into your 'regular' life, you will find dramatic ego change, and notice details that one would not normally notice with an inflated ego. This is sort of how it went down for me. Ever since I have gained an interest in altered states of consciousness, I have had dramatic changes in the way I precieve life, and the way that people look at other people. I have noticed the judgemental views that others project down upon others and have changed the way that I view others. I noticed that the judgmental view that I used to project towards others, is my ego, not my true self. The more you kill your ego, the closer you become to finding your true self, which is not 'self' in anyway; we are all one once you remove the ego

PEACE & LOVE

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Yes, absolutely, the ego is always changing but I believe one can metaprogram oneself to tilt it a bit by one's own thoughts. This is when the computer analogy comes useful again and you can see stuff you do as programs that can be reprogrammed or purged or other. You are those programs but the programmer as well and thinking about things you do, why you do them and stuff like that is fruitful; I don't mean you think about them in the moment but in appropriate alone, meditative, eyes-closed planned moments. This is what religions should teach.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
100% agree^

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
I believe one can metaprogram oneself to tilt it a bit by one's own thoughts.

Ocasionally, I carry small notes in my pocket to reprogram myself. Last week I finally felt that I could throw away a torn and fumbled note saying: "Remove stress as the main emotion in my day".

Metaprogramming works, it is a matter of finding the format that works for you.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
You cannot change the ego, because the want for change is egoic itself.

Subtle_Nod

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Nov 2007
Forkbender a dit:

I disagree. You may not be improving it, but that doesn't mean no change.

Try this: How can you keep the Ego the same? Place it outside of space and time and freeze the mind it is attached to. If it ever woke up, the act of waking would be a change. Ditto to dreaming.

I see people talking about thoughts. The Ego is not thought.

Nothing stays the same. You cannot keep the Ego the same because it is not outside of time, it is open to every experience you have - even if only a minute change, it will always change.

The Ego may not change for the better, but it will always change.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
Forkbender a dit:
bullshit! the ego is the only bit you can change.
sorry fork. i normally stay out of all ego threads. thats because i dont want to influence anyones natural development. meditate on that, follow my words.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Let's see... I guess it all depends on definitions, but the way I see it is that ego is the propensity to try and change things for the benefit of itself. Everything needs to be in the right order for the ego's own comfort. You can try to change this ego, so that you think about others once in a while, but this thinking of others is still just a way to feel good about yourself. Look at me! I'm altruistic! The ego then doesn't change, the only thing that changes are the ego's habits. The ego is not some tangible thing, it is an illusion created by the mind. You cannot change an illusion, you can only come to see its unreality. But in my book that doesn't count as change of the ego, it is basically a removal/transcendence of ego altogether.

So, if this is all wrong, what changes the ego? How does the ego change? Can one willfully change the ego? How? And from where? 'Who' acts?

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ego is the internal dialogue.

how does it work?

( sory for saying "bullshit" fork. that was uncalled for)

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Ego sum.
tu es
is, ea, id est
nos sumus

Cogito ergo sum.
ergot sic mugo
soorgit cum ego

or
Cogetios og RUM :rolleyes:

Subtle_Nod

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Nov 2007
GhostlyOne17 a dit:
I agree with Fork to an extent. "You can't desire to be desireless"- that itself is a desire. To be altruistic just because of the label or because one wants other people to see him/her altruistic seems like an act of the ego. The more I dwell on this, the more I grant the ego power. Constantly grinding the left hemisphere of the brain, when the solar plexxus is in dissonance with the whole, this all contributes to making the illusion seem real. Transcending the ego is key. Co-existence of the ego/soul is key, with knowledge of the beyond. That is ego with egolessness. "thoughtless awareness" "movement with repose" whatever way you want to put it. Ego is in relationship to everything else, so might as well coexist in harmony...

Look at something without defining it, without labeling it, it just is.

Meditation, teachers, outward and inward "change" the ego. Our cells change, our mind changes, our ego changes every time the wind blows. Errr... Maybe the ego isn't changing, maybe our awareness is changing or something else, but something is changing.

How does it work? Is there a manual or something? Mushrooms grant access to the "mechanism" of the ego?? to rewire circuitry?? I don't know... maybe it goes beyond logic.

Im out PEACE

You are.

Desiring to be desireless?

The question was on changing the ego, not on improving it. It changes.

It may not get better. It may not get worse.

I believe I started without an ego and that it came with learning and because of this that my ego is part of me and is partly how my brain sees me but is not in essence actually me. Being part of me and being that it has not ALWAYS existed, it must change with time.

People saw change and saw "self improvement".

Just because you are not making something better does not mean it does not change.

If you cannot change ego that must mean that it has always been exactly as it is now and will always will be. If the ego does not and cannot be changed, for better or for worse and you truly believe this you may want to consider a job in marketting for once you can determin someone's ego, which the VAST majority of people will think is the true representation of themself - you can make them buy anything.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
ego is change

Indeed, the ego is in constant interaction with the surroundings. Change someones surrounding, and his ego will adapt. We change our ego all the time. And it's something you should keep flexible :wink:

mindmelt

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Juin 2006
interesting subject!

but i'm still not sure about some definitions here, at least nog sure enough to join the discussion, does anybody of you want to share their sources of information about this subject?
i certainly would like to read more about this.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
mindmelt a dit:
interesting subject!

but i'm still not sure about some definitions here, at least nog sure enough to join the discussion, does anybody of you want to share their sources of information about this subject?
i certainly would like to read more about this.

ditto