Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Can anyone knowledgeable in astronomy tell me...

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
how we know this? In scientific terms; how do we conceive of something so... transcending, objectively? This fascinates me.

stars.jpg

also check out
for the same type of scale of universe theme, but in video with chill music 8)

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
it's fascinating how they make an exposure of such a small area over 4 months from a goddamn satellite. I have troubles to keep my camera still for a few seconds :lol:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
seeing something like this always blows my mind if i really take the time and try to actually conceive it. love the feeling :lol:

i would assume that they derive the size of these from math including the lightyears between us (and the object of interest). beyond that is beyond me :shock:

Light

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2011
There isn't any other life in it.

troll-troll-dad-dance-jump.png

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
our true nature is infinity, after all... and god is within. so that's where you should take a look. if you ask me, the most foolish thing to do is to try to condition infinity. it's so fascinating lol.. and imagine an infinite zoom. it could be that it goes into infinity if you zoom in and if you zoom out. but that's of course at least kind of unimaginable, as it seems. well maybe if we want to do that we should either excercise mental yoga as i like to call it and/or use psychedelic drugs as tools.
hmm maybe the buddhist concept of nirvana is somewhat linked to the concept of nothing(ness)??
hope that helps!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

peace 8)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I remember the first time I saw the stars outside any normal sized city...

It is the ultimate "awe"...

you have to wonder how many other beings are out there, wondering the same thing.

there are more starts in our galaxy than grains of sand on the entire earth.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
yeah I gotta say, simply from me looking into the sky more than most I've accumulated well over 500 "shooting stars" seen.

If I'm out in the country I can usually see around 10-30 in a single night. Most people just don't do it enough... or... a lot. to be unbiased :)