Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Braingasm

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
Have you ever had a braingasm?

You know, your brain just ejaculates and you fall into the embrace of blindingly beautiful fractals and tears pour freely?

I can't emphasize enough how much it felt like something ACTUALLY squirted out inside my brain. It felt like a drug was released in my brain that was totally separate to the lsd.

It happened twice during the same lsd trip, 3 pretty weak tabs during my psychedelic re-awakening when I was 19. It was the strongest trip I had had at the time, and to this day the most ecstatic thing I have ever experienced, and I have done far too much MDMA in the past, it doesn't compare. I have had far more intense trips since, but never had this sensation again. Like I've used my brain chemicals up. Maybe they will regenerate. Maybe it was a one time thing. Maybe it was an emotional release the psychedelics catalyzed. The awakening of love in my then cold and hard heart? I don't feel like it is something I need to feel again, but it would be nice.

Does this have any significance? When it happened I was very convinced that it was in some way real and not just a hallucination. Is there any scientific, esoteric, spiritual, historical explanations for this? Im sure there are, I just haven't found them. Or is it just me?

Thanks for reading :) Thoughts and opinions appreciated

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
something similar happened to me on my first and only real ego death experience (lsd as well)
:)

one of the most euphoric and cathartic experiences i've had

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
st.bot.32 a dit:
something similar happened to me on my first and only real ego death experience (lsd as well)
:)

one of the most euphoric and cathartic experiences i've had
+1

it was utterly beautiful. thinking about it gives me a glowing feeling in my chest :)
my avatar is supposed to be a symbol of that experience I've had. it may be simple, but that symbol meant a lot to me that moment, in that ying-yang way.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Have you ever tried meditation to try to reach that memory? It seems that it's a pretty potent memory if you remember it that well, and it holds that kind of importance in your life. If you could change your embodiment to that particular moment, your mind may recreate at least similar feelings? From personal experience those moments are few and far between, but make life worth living, and you can bring them back with enough practice and concentration. Good luck.

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
I haven't exactly tried to focus on it through meditation, no. I will try. I can meditate to relax and clear my thoughts a bit if I'm lucky. I would be very impressed and more than a little bit startled if I could have a 'braingasm' without drugs. I haven't been able to repeat this experience even with double the amount of lsd. Maybe a very big break (which I have had), and a very big dose AND meditation would work.

In the end though, I'm not worried, I don't think I need to experience this again. Would be like losing my virginity twice. Anyway, I still to this day have similar feelings. I have other similar experiences and I will never forget them and over the years I slowly put them into practice and they begin to bear fruit.

Thanks very much for the input guys, good to know I'm not the only one.
Good luck to you all in blowing your psycho-loads again.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I've definitely had this on LSD, a couple of times on medium dosages, and sometimes during mushroom trips, this feeling that I was experiencing one prolonged nonsexual orgasm, indeed very much like a braingasm. Actually the feeling was much more pleasurable than most of the ordinary orgasms. Not really localized in the brain however, rather an expansive feeling throughout and beyond the body. I guess yogis would say the kundalini activated several chakras at once.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I think it is pretty common on entheogens when used for inner exploration.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Yeah, I generally find an introspective closed-eye trip quite euphoric

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
My whole body felt ecstatic too, but if I had to talk about chakras, it would have been the 'third eye' only that was orgasming. I could see and feel it flow out from the center of my brain.

Oh, and as far as I remember it, I had just walked home from a friends house, and was standing up in my room when this happened. Then I turned the light off and lied down and it happened again.

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
sounds like a trip.

I never had such a thing (where I physically felt a vein pop in my brain), but on a mental/spiritual level I understand what you mean perfectly. Usually by the time I'm peaking my body is soft and relaxed and I don't get eruptions.

What you say about the MDMA abuse, was that before these braingasms or after? I don't really understand what you're saying there. It could of course be of influence on your trips, the brain takes time to recuperate. Nutrition may help. Ayahuasca helps for sure to harmonize the serotonin system.

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
The reason I mentioned mdma was only a point of reference to explain how ecstatic it was. Alot more ecstatic than mdma.

I don't think they have anything to do with each other, but since you mentioned it, I used mdma often for a while a long time before this experience, and I have used mdma since. It works fine on me.

I live fairly healthy now and have never felt better. I have not had a proper trip in maybe 2 years(!), so we will see if I have a 'braingasm' on my next journey if I ever have one.

I would love to try Ayahuasca, but I'm not sure my seratonin system is in disharmony. I don't feel as if there is any real lasting damage or even disharmony from using mdma.

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
Thanks for clearing that up. If there are no problems there's no need to fix. Ayahuasca has other qualities, but stabilizing the serotonin system is one of the more miraculous.

mindsiyk

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Oct 2008
I was just talking about this yesterday, trying to explain it to a mate.
I think i have experienced this on several occasions.

Normally i'm just sitting down focusing on letting go and i start to feel this rush come over me. It builds and builds for about 5-10 minutes then releases itself. It almost feels like it's raining and my brain feels with a cool liquid.
My eyes start to water and i feel nothing but complete bliss...
can u relate to this?

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
Sounds like a similar experience, but mine was a one time thing, and as far as I remember, I didn't perceive it building up. I would have been concentrating on the hallucinations and trying to go into a trance though.

The thing that makes me really want to talk about this, is that it really feels like a liquid was physically released inside my brain. Is that at all possible? Or is it just a feeling?

It sounds like you are doing this sober? cool.

mindsiyk

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Oct 2008
oh forgot to mention I've been on LSD every time..
from the best of my memory, it feels as if my brain releases some chemical. as the build releases i guess u could say it squirts out from around the center of the brain. and has a chilly cold feeling to it.
As this happens i get the feeling of being under rain or being submerged in water. i mention the water again because i believe it is tied to the squirting feeling.

I must add that this is the most strongest sensation i have ever had. i think about it almost everyday, and look forward to it again.

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
'most strongest sensation i have ever had.'

Bingo. Have you had a good mdma experience to compare it to?

I can't say I remember it feeling chilly and cold but it did feel fresh and fluid. And a lot of tears.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I don't know if I ever experienced a braingasm. :?: :roll:
But I do know I can feel ecstatic, with or without psychedelics.

I never did have a braingasm or I have them all the time. :lol:
i don't know
Does it makes you laugh, scream,giggle and sometimes even cry :lol:

mindsiyk

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Oct 2008
well i've had 3 capsules of pure mdma before in one night (and i'm pritty sure i had no more serotonin to release)
It felt really good, but i don't think i could compare to the 'BrainGasM'

maybe the water is just a significance to me because of the crying.. and the trip magnifies it to feel, like i'm covered in it??

You say u've only had this a couple times? because on my past 2 trips, it happened every half hour and stopped after about 4 times.

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
magickmumu: It feels too ecstatic to giggle or scream or laugh. All I could do is sit there in awe as the tears literally pour off my face like turning on a tap.

mindsiyk: It happened twice on the same trip and hasn't happened since.

The thing about water is interesting. Thanks for sharing. I hope you gain some insight on it somehow. Maybe this might be useful:

'James Legge's 1891 translation of the Dao De Jing states "The highest excellence is like (that of) water. The excellence of water appears in its benefiting all things, and in its occupying, without striving (to the contrary), the low place which all men dislike. Hence (its way) is near to (that of) the Tao" and "There is nothing in the world more soft and weak than water, and yet for attacking things that are firm and strong there is nothing that can take precedence of it;--for there is nothing (so effectual) for which it can be changed."'