Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Book Exchange

EewDefining

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Déc 2011
What better way to share knowledge than through books? I know it will be hard to get a bunch of stoners to put a book in a box and mail it but i figure, what the heck, if one book gets mailed it was probabaly worth it.

My book selection pretty slim.

I have a great Political Philosophy book, It starts with Socrates and works all the way to Marx. It would be great for any 99%ers out there.

Also,
An Econonomic textbook, Very Techinical but will help when someone says that rich people create jobs.
A Management textbook, never read it... the professor talked about how to run the people in a business
and a Criminal Justice textbook, How justice system works.

I got a few more at my parents house that i'll have to grab.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i only have a few books in english...
i have: "brave new world" by aldous huxley, "the alchemist" by paulo coelho, "eric" and "moving pictures" by terry pratchett...
not a lot but maybe i would trade.. because i have read all of these books already.. good book for sure tho.. :P
btw what is a 99%er??? :D

peace

EewDefining

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Déc 2011
99%ers are people not in the top 1% of income, started by the Occupy wall movement, and typically politically active.

Does no one read on here?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I'd be glad to take your socrates - marx book. I've been looking for one.

As for my books - they are largely science. I have just finished "At home in the universe" if you've ever wondered whether Darwin's evolution theory is only part of the story this book is great. It talks about how if you have so many chemicals, or a world with enough molecules - you are bound to get life. The first half of the book is worth reading by everybody. The second half I feel becomes more academic lame-speak. He just tries to prove points, but does so (in my perspective) very poorly.

He always talks about how LIFE, crystallizes spontaneously, and we are evidence of that. Good book if you think evolution doesn't make sense.

I have a lot of shakespeare (from classes).

And actually my other books are very hard reads. I can't finish them. Very heavy physics or chemistry or mathematics. If anyone is interested in those I can send them too.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
oh, I heard good things about at home in the universe. maybe I'll check it out once I read all the books I plan on reading :rolleyes:
I have very few books that I'm ready to divorce myself from, and those that I would give away are german.. good idea though.

we could share some ebooks in a dirty back alley hidden subforum or so.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
BananaPancake a dit:
we could share some ebooks in a dirty back alley hidden subforum or so.

shhhhh :ninja:

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
cool idea

I've got darwins theory of evolution that i wouldnt mind trading
a few art books that are pretty cool too but i'd only give them off for something arty in exchange
i have a huge collection of tattoo magazines too
a few fun little informative books about weed and its subculture

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I have a bit of an e-book collection (don't need the mail). Vonnegut, Sedaris, and a LOT of Terrence McKenna audio.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I have a book every one should read, Please do not take my word for it and have a read for yourself :wink: :lol:

I find the bit about how countrys operate eye opening and the section on handling police and courts very inspiring :D

I hope you all enjoy it 8)

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Thanks Sticki that looks awesome

C

cyristvirus

Invité
Hello all, I managed to make a site for exchanging books on this subject for free. TailEater Book Exchange Check it out :)

If you guys see things that need changed or suggestions for the site, just post away and ill see what I can do. I am not much of a programmer but I would like to contribute something to the community. If any of you guys are on reddit you can join in on the conversation at r/psychonaut