Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

BOOK: Celestine Prophecies

ChaoticSerenity

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2006
Has anyone read Celestine Prophecies by James Redfield?

Please share thoughts!

S

space-donkey

Invité
excellent book. describes energys, and mistical things in a very easy to understand and informative way. good for people who are interested in energies and need clarification as to how they are interact. True though. I have seen the auras of people plants and things as described in the book. Could ramble on for hours about it but enough is enough. good book though.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
It was actually the first "spiriual" book I've read. I remember being a bit paranoid after reading the book. Once I missed my train I automatically started thinking it had to have a purpose. Hey, is that man looking at me? Should I talk to him? (Probably people were just reacting unconciously at me, looking around for signs). Now I'm better able to just put it next to me. I know a hint of the story is true, but the coïncidences in the book were a lot more over the top than real life, I think. Nevertheless a very intruiging (how the hell do you spell that?) book.

ChaoticSerenity

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2006
Intriguing is right.

I agree, I think that since it is fiction, that they had to make an Exaggerated point with the coincidences. I had experienced a lot of these things before reading the book, so reading similar experiences was fascinating! I picked up the book and read it strait through, at work under my desk, Hahaha. I passed it to my boyfriend, then I will go back and read it much slower.

They releases a 10th and soon to be 11th insight, but from what I hear they are not nearly as interesting nor do the flow with the story. There is also an experiential guide to help you incorporate these ideas into your life.

While I have not found my new bible, I loved the book!

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Just got back from the library, they didn't have it. I'll look around, though I'm not into buying books. I prefer to read and trade.

Incidentally, On the Road by Jack Kerouac is my bible. Doesn't have anything to do with psychedelia but everything to do with living.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Doesn't have anything to do with psychedelia but everything to do with living.

It doesn't? I have to admit I never read it, but the beat generation was quite psychedelic. They were the first to use mescaline. They were the start-up for the whole hippie movement. I love them for their brave and bold stand against the 50's society. As I said, I haven't read much from the beats, only read Ginsberg's "Howl" (the whole book, not only the one poem) but I also read a lot about them. Reading about the beats and their ideas was easier than reading a lot of their works (which can be really hard to read, being a burst of thoughts from beginning to end). I have seen "Naked Lunch" when I was coming down from a shroom trip, and it was so perfectly trippy that I really consider reading some more beat literature.
What I'd really like to read is the "Yage Letters" by Borroughs and Ginsberg, out of obvious reasons ;)

h0ll0wd0ll

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
i have read the whole series - Celestine Prophecy, The Tenth Insight and The Secret of Shambhala.

i really enjoyed the author's writing style, and the way the story was narrated. i learned a lot and have applied the principles to my own life to a greater or lesser degree.

even though they are presented as fiction, the books totally resonated with me and i experienced 'truth-bumps' all through reading them

(truth-bumps are when information resonates so strongly that you get goosebumps when reading or hearing it)

another series of books that i completely enjoyed were the Conversations With God books by Neale Donald Walsh.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Tryptonaut, if you have any interest in the beat movement, you have to read On the Road, it's what started it all. Jack kerouac is the father of the beat movement and his writing is phenomenal. In that first book (actually his second) he writes about meeting Allen Ginsberg and Neal Cassidy when they were still teenagers hitch hiking back and forth across the US. When he wrote it, he taped hundreds of sheets of paper together so he wouldn't have to reload his typewriter and he actually finished it in a week's time. I recently got to see the original manuscript at an exhibit in our nation's capitol. All 300 something pages taped together end to end with the whole story laid out.

Visions of Cody is another good one. It's in that style you described as a burst of thoughts, using almost no punctuation, spelling words wrong, unfinished sentences. It's hard to read at first but when you allow yourself to read in the manner that one thinks, it becomes very interesting. He wanted to write completely truthfully, saying exactly what he felt and not over thinking anything, being completely honest. One third of the whole book is nothing but a transcribed conversation between Kerouac and Cassidy when they were eating peyote for the first time. That's a tripped out book. My favorite one may actually be Dharma Bums which was written when Kerouac was practicing Buddhism.

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
nice posts on this subject!

that book by j.k. with spelling mistakes and unfinished sentences sounds great!

the celestine prophecy isn't very interesting in a literary sense but on a spiritual sense i really liked it, it all makes so much sense it became my latest religion... :wink:
and i don't think the coincidences are too much, i think it's a perfectly real book and i love the way it says humans are going to evolve, and that we will be paid for making people feel good and capitalism will end.

and the beat generation, is that where the name " the beatles" comes from, (or the other way around)? it's a cool name for a generation.

alice

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
alice a dit:
and the beat generation, is that where the name " the beatles" comes from, (or the other way around)? it's a cool name for a generation.

I allways thought it was because of their hairdo. It was done in a way that your head looks a lit like a beatle:
moptops3.jpg

@Hollowdoll - I liked Conversations with God by N.D. Walsh too. It changed a lot about the way I look at God and life. I don't read the bible for instance with the same eyes as I did before I read Conversations with God.

Not that I feel that everything he says makes sense, like sickness, rape, pain and suffering is our own choice. Even if it was on some higher level maybe, I don't think it's something I can do anything constructive with. But anyway, there's a lot in that book, that I find Walsh thankfull for. He was able to put into words what I somehow seemed to know allready. Reading the book was more like remembering than learning about how things work in life, and what God really is and how creation works.

Deca

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I have read the celestine prophecy a few years ago, and a few days ago, I found it in the back of a closet and started reading it again and now, i see this topic (maybe one of thos coincedences :wink: ).
I really like the book, more then the last time I read it, but I was only sixteen then. I think you must be at a certain level to really understand the book.

h0ll0wd0ll

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Deca a dit:
I have read the celestine prophecy a few years ago, and a few days ago, I found it in the back of a closet and started reading it again and now, i see this topic (maybe one of thos coincedences :wink: ).
I really like the book, more then the last time I read it, but I was only sixteen then. I think you must be at a certain level to really understand the book.

or perhaps with each reading of the book, deeper layers of meaning unfold - like an onion

:)

Deca

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
You're probably right there :D .

I just finished the book and must say I learned a lot reading it for the second time. I am in a very "strange" time in my life at the moment. A lot is changing inside and outside for me and this book helped me to see a lot of things in another perspective.

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
Deca a dit:
You're probably right there :D .

I just finished the book and must say I learned a lot reading it for the second time. I am in a very "strange" time in my life at the moment. A lot is changing inside and outside for me and this book helped me to see a lot of things in another perspective.

get ready for it... it will keep changing, everything is changing ALL the time... :wink:

Alice :shock: :wink:

Deca

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Hi Alice,

I know what you mean :D . You're absolutely right there :wink: . It's a strange but wonderful feeling :D .

G

Invité
I've never heard about this book, and this makes me feel really lonely as it looks like I'm the only one...

Seeing such an enthusiasm around it makes me curious, but I fear that it will feel a bit too "New-Age B.S." for me...

I've understood that the subjects of energies and coincidences are present, but I don't understand the relation with the title ?

@Alice : I've started to read you book again, about 3/4 finished, really interesting, I'll send you a more developed opinion on it when I'll finish it ;)

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
great, thanks for reading my book!!
it's now published on the internet as well, on

http://www.lulu.com/content/473167

so if you like it very very very very very very much you can even buy it :)
not that i'm making much money with it or anything, i made it as cheap as possible, the price is for the printing and sending costs.

as for the celestine prophecy, that's an old (fictional, i think) prophecy with 9 revelations. the first revelation is when we start noticing that there are many coincidences going on, and that they might not be a coincidence after all.
then the 9th profecy is already when we reach the highest level of conciousness in order to live peacefully and fully on this beautiful planet.

alice :heart:

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
The last few years I must admit I can allmost depend on those coïncidences. I just know the right things will happen, because I start to see where my heart is heading for.

A very strange realisation I denied for a long time, but I start to realize it's no use to deny it any longer.