Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Bolivia wants Coca Cola to change brand name

Entheonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Bolivia Wants 'Coca' Cut From Coke

LA PAZ, Bolivia -- The Coca-Cola company has no intention of dropping the name for its trademark soft drink, despite sentiment in Bolivia that the South American nation's ""sacred leaf" be dropped from the trademark soda.

A commission of coca industry representatives advising the assembly rewriting the Andean country's constitution suggested the name change. More than 400 coca growers, traders, and politicians from Bolivia's coca-growing regions also called Wednesday for the United Nations to decriminalize the leaf in its natural form and for its image to be included in Bolivia's national seal.

Though not directly affiliated with the Bolivian government, the commission is the latest step in a national effort spearheaded by President Evo Morales to rehabilitate the image of plant known internationally as the base ingredient of cocaine.

Officials at Atlanta-based Coke released a statement yesterday saying their trademark is "the most valuable and recognized brand in the world" and is protected under Bolivian law.

Coca-Cola dropped cocaine from its ingredients a century ago, although the soda maker's secret formula still calls for a cocaine-free coca extract produced by the New Jersey-based Stepan Chemical. The company imports about 55 tons of coca leaves each year from Peru, according to the Peruvian state-run coca company Enaco.

(source: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11267281/detail.html)

G

Invité
if i was them, i would ask for the removal of the "coke", since the rest seems to be OK...

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Stupide a dit:
Stupid plan. Everybody will call Coca Cola 'Coca Cola' or 'Coke'. So what is the f*cking gain?

Yeah I thought that too. The brand name has allready settled into society, so they're not gonna change the name in the language of the people, maybe just on the can, but I seriously doubt that also.... A lot of commotion about nothing really.

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
HeartCore a dit:
I respect you a lot and I just hope that you can avoid being killed by that fucking idiot, fundamentalist, extremist, terrorist, bushmonkey.

Coca is not bad.

I respect his efforts to rehabilitate the image of the coca-plant, but I don't think changing the name of a soda drink will do much to help our beloved coca-plant...

And don't get me started about Bush... your words are my thoughts HC :wink:

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
it is all a joke commotion to distract people as usual i bet that behind this news something else in the world is happening...probably Morales wants the Coca Cola company to shut him up with a bunch of million $$$$

but this is something that bothered me
Entheonaut a dit:
Coca-Cola dropped cocaine from its ingredients a century ago, although the soda maker's secret formula still calls for a cocaine-free coca extract produced by the New Jersey-based Stepan Chemical. The company imports about 55 tons of coca leaves each year from Peru, according to the Peruvian state-run coca company Enaco.

(source: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11267281/detail.html)

Coca is a plant and plants have committed no sin, they should not be banned, the people who abuse them and/or make a huge illegal profit ot of them should.

Coca-Cola IS BAD