Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

bloodpressure and weed

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Does it affect it?

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
I have a normal blood pressure, when I smoke cannabis it gets higher than normal without running or any psychical activity.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Whjy do you ask ? Are you haveing or have you had any problems ?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I think it lowers it slightly, that's why it works for glaucoma. Another study I once read but can't quote fully said that endocannabinoids (the body's own version of cannabinoids) help regulate blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessals = lower blood pressure.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I thought that it works for eye problems because it reduces the preasure of the fluids in the eye not blood preasure ? I asked Restin because some people get a problem from lack of blood sugar wich could be interpreted as a drop in blood preasure .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
GOD a dit:
I thought that it works for eye problems because it reduces the preasure of the fluids in the eye not blood preasure ?

True. I did some further research and found out that besides lowering blood pressure, it also lowers the intraocular fluid pressure. An interesting side note is that there is a correlation (not strong enough to be a causal relationship) between having glaucoma and having high blood pressure.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Whjy do you ask ? Are you haveing or have you had any problems ?
I don't know if this should be topic in this forum. But I recently had an attack (anfall) where I got extremely dizzy, high pulse, I felt out of body (komplett neben mir) and anxious. The fact that made me more anxious was that I wasn't on drugs for a while so that wasn't that. When I came home I had low blood pressure (90/60 or even lower) so I actually thought if I should make a break with weed. I am going to the doctor's on tuesday, make some tests.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I have had similar things happen to me .

Good luck at the doctors , and please let us know what he says . Maybe its a good idea not to talk to him about drugs or he might not look further and just blame it on them .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Did you talk with a doctor about it? Yes, sure, I am sure that it's not the drugs.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Yes , he didnt know what it was .

Several times i felt like i had no blood preasure and no strength . I just seemed to loose energy and slowly sink to the floor . I felt cold and had to lie down for a few hours .

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Insulin sensivity.

You should always consume sufficient carbohydrates throughout the day and especially the first half of the day. Vitamins and minerals out of vegatables and fruits to prevent desorientation and weakness. Otherwise it's an effort to think which may end up with a grey sight and falling unconsciousness.

The energy levels can be rapidly depleted with improper nutrition. If you feel you're about to burn out, consume lots of juice gradually. A banana or dextrose tabs are also very efficient. Do not consume much sugars too quickly.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
my nutrition is quite OK...well, I confess, it may get better but it's not worse than other one's. Insulin sensitivity...I thought about something with blood sugar but I will check that with the doctor. Hopefully I will have more luck than GOD. GOD, your attack sounds more severe than mine...

svala

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Mar 2009
According to the NAS, the effects of marijuana on blood pressure are complex, depending on dose, administration, and posture. Marijuana often produces a temporary, moderate increase in blood pressure immediately after ingestion; however, heavy chronic doses may slightly depress blood pressure instead. One common reaction is to cause decreased blood pressure while standing and increased blood pressure while lying down, causing people to faint if they stand up too quickly. There is no evidence that pot use causes persisting hypertension or heart disease; some users even claim that it helps them control hypertension by reducing stress.

One thing THC does do is to increase pulse rates for about an hour. This is not generally harmful, since exercise does the same thing, but it may cause problems to people with pre-existing heart disease. Chronic users may develop a tolerance to this and other cardiovascular reactions.

source: http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/f ... tml#myth15

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Forkbender a dit:
GOD a dit:
I thought that it works for eye problems because it reduces the preasure of the fluids in the eye not blood preasure ?

True. I did some further research and found out that besides lowering blood pressure, it also lowers the intraocular fluid pressure. An interesting side note is that there is a correlation (not strong enough to be a causal relationship) between having glaucoma and having high blood pressure.

A correlation alone is never strong enough to prove causality.

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
Standing up too quickly and nearly fainting happened to me once when very high. It's happened to me before, but never as intensely.
Anectodal evidence, I know.

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
significationof?!? a dit:
Standing up too quickly and nearly fainting happened to me once when very high. It's happened to me before, but never as intensely.
Anectodal evidence, I know.

Thats not even evidence, thats just anecdotal :p.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I had a similar experience that happenned to me three times. But I blamed it on the drugs. First time I was very high and after drinking 2 beers I starting feeling like when you get up too fast, but I was sitting. I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and it intensified to the point where I thought I was gonna lose consciousness. I succeeded at drinking a glass of water then lied down on a couch and after 2 minutes I was feeling okay again. The two other times I had taken one of these http://www.5hourenergy.com/5hroriginal.asp and smoked some hash. After a while, the same thing happenned, and even though I sat still I reached the point where I was gonna lose consciousness and had to drink some water and lie down. I can't remember if I had also taken a 5-hour or not the first time.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I read somewhere (if you want the link tell me and I will look for it but it's in french) that THC inhibits the reflex of constriction of your blood vessels when your blood pressure drops suddenly, which is said to have caused some deaths. But the source is unreliable and therefore that shouldn't be taken as a fact.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"which is said to have caused some deaths."

From canabis ? Who ? When ? Where ?

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I said it was unreliable and it didn't answer any of those questions. It just said that some people were found dead with no apparent reason and that there was THC in their system. It was an answer to a guy who wanted tips to learn how to smoke because apparently he wasn't able to, and almost all the answer were similar to "never start smoking, it's shit and it's gonna kill you". The answer I'm talking about was flagged as the best answer and was from a doctor. I suspect him to have tried to scare the guy so he doesn't smoke. Maybe the part about weed inhibiting the blood vessels constriction reflex is true, but I'm sure the part about some people dying from it is bullshit.

Here's the link if you're interested:
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 739AAlEDIp