Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Banisteriopsis caapi

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Can someone explain the difference between the different colours of vines?

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
They affect the "flavour" of the trip.

Yellow is generally accepted as the best to use in an ayahuasca innitiation. My experience is that it's never been intense enough for me; the trip is usually pretty mellow and easy to handle with pretty mild visuals and more of an acid/mushroom type feel. I have a pretty large quantity of this stuff laying around so I like to drink some by itself a day or two prior to a real trip.

White vine is what a shaman would give to someone who needs healing. If you have a disease or mental condition that needs to be assessed, this is what you'd take. The effects are generally similar to yellow vine for me.

Black is some scary shit. It is used only by the most experienced of shamans to make contact with the dead. It causes lots of very scary, life-like hallucinations of snakes, insects, blood and other menacing shit, accompanied by lots of shaking. I've used black vine once and I think it scared my sober wife more than it did me because I was having full body convulsions for a good two hours. There was nothing I could do to stop shaking. It also causes the most violent and extended purge. I would never touch this stuff again without an experienced shaman present.

Red vine is what is most commonly used by a shaman to facilitate the healing of others. This is pretty much all I use because it produces the best trip for me. It's also the most similar to smoking DMT (in my very limited experience). The visuals and hallucinations become indistinguishable from reality but rarely do they become evil or frightening. I usually feel like I become a bird or a jaguar for most of the trip and all five senses are affected. Almost always is a beautiful experience with a long-lasting afterglow.

All of them are brown in appearance and look similar but when you boil them; red vine will turn the water red, black vine will turn the water black/ dark purple. White and yellow will both turn the water yellow/orange/grey.

Hope this helps.

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Thx man,

really good I know someone who studied shaministic rites and religions (If I remember well?).

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
I was wondering: Does the colour of the vines have any effect on the colour of the DMT crystals if you do an extraction? Or is the colour of the crystals only affected by the chemicals used in the extraction?

(I suspect the second)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Jahvisions, yes I spent a good deal of time in college studying the "history of world religions" even though I made painting my major. My first experience with ayahuasca came when I was in Peru for a study abroad program. Ironically I was there taking an art history course when I met a shaman who worked with aya; something I'd been studying in my world religion courses.

My wife is still very jealous so I think we're going to be paying for an ayahuasca retreat with the Santo Daime church next summer.

Entheonaut: Me thinks you're a little confused. There's no DMT in ayahuasca vine (banistereopsis caapi); it's what holds the maoi that makes the dmt active. It is, however, the thing that affects the trip the most. (In my opinion)

It's like DMT is a ticket to another world, you're going to get there one way or another. Caapi is like the vehicle that gets you there. Do you want to take a plane, a motorcycle, skateboard?

Of course there's going to be a difference in takng a small DMT dose and a large one but the kind of vine or maoi used has a big bearing on the type of experience had.

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Yes you're right brew, I did mix it up (damn those latin names :wink:)...
I'm wondering now, does it matter for the type(colour) of crystals wether you use Mimosa hostilis (jurema preta) / Psychotria viridis etc? And does a different type of plant contain a different type of DMT?

But I see now that the distinct difference in colour is mainly with Banisteriopsis caapi. My bad mate 8)

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
I think dmt in its salt form is clear or white. In some extractions you get a contamination (depends on used chemicals), wich can be washed out. DMT=DMT so that should not vary per plant, but i don't know about other alkaloids that may also be extracted.

If i'm correct there are phalaris species that will yield mainly 5-meo-DMT. Mimosa will give mostly nn-DMT.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Well, mimosa contains nn-DMT but if you use Xylene to extract instead of naptha, it pulls some kind of carboline out with it and ends up making orange/red DMT. The kids call it jungle spice and supposedly produces a "darker" trip.

Diplopterys cabrerana is my favorite dmt source when it comes to drinking ayahuasca because it's generally a lot more potent than p. viridis. It also contains a bit of 5-MeO-DMT.