Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ayahuasca Seminar Today!

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Hello everyone,

I just thought that I should share with you that I am attending an Ayahuasca Seminar today. I am very excited about this. The person talking is from my University; University of British Columbia, and his name is Kenneth Tupper.

Ayahuasca Healing Beyond the Amazon
Moderator: Kenneth Tupper, University of British Columbia

This workshop will focus on ayahuasca, a psychoactive brew (prepared from two plants indigenous to the Amazon) that is used in both traditional indigenous healing practices and modern syncretistic religious rituals. A panel of researchers and practitioners will discuss ayahuasca’s rapid globalization in the past decade and its various contemporary therapeutic and spiritual uses. Specific themes include an overview of the psychological and physiological effects of ayahuasca, the role of culture in mediating the ayahuasca experience (and issues of cross-cultural
transferability), ethical issues pertaining to ayahuasca’s uptake in modern Western contexts, and policy challenges arising from the tea’s legal ambiguity in some countries. Ample time will be given for audience participation and discussion.

http://www.crish.org/documents/Symposium program.pdf

It should be good. I will let you guys know how it goes, and report some interesting facts that I find out. Hopefully I learn something new today!:)

PEACE & LOVE TO ALL!!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
You lucky man . I`ve seen his posts on the MAPS forum . And him being at your university is BIG WOW!!!!! maybe you can find more about him and his work and help , get advice , new ideas and learn . I wish i was there in your position .

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Yeah I would love to get to know him. People as Kenneth Tupper are rare. Today is gonna be a good day, I will let know know how it goes. I wish I had a video camera, :(

peace & love

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I attended the Ayahuasca Seminar today and it as great! Kenneth Tupper was not the only one to speak. Three other individuals also spoke, but I forget there names. They were all very intelligent. I am happy to see people that take so much care in the ritualistic part of the entire process. I did not learn anything new about Ayahuasca itself as a 'drug', but learnt a lot about the ritualistic, healing, and traditional ways of using Ayahuasca. All in all it was amazing, and glad that I attended. Hopefully there will be more of these seminars. Anyways,

PEACE & LOVE

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
what a great opportunity!
do you think you'll approach Kenneth for discussion?
he seems interesting

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I did introduce myself but the conversation never went deeper than how are you?