Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ayahuasca-back to the nature)

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
I finally made my first aya-analogue session)
In short-amazing.
Set&setting-almost perfect.Imagine a vast hollow in the large cliff,facing the beautiful river.That's where the aya was cooked.It was hailing from time ot time,despite it was around +5 degrees in Ce.That looked really weird :)
preparation-I used 12 g of Mimosa hostilis rootbark as DMT source and 6g of Peganum harmala as MAOi.12 gr of shredder Mimosa were boiled along with 3g of peganum harmala and some lemon juice for good 5 hours.Remaining 3 grams of harmala were eaten raw 15 minutes before the ingestion of the brew.I did not add any water to the brew during the preparation.
ingestion-The substance was boiled to the amount of 2 cups.After filtering it looked like some messy coffee(brown).I ate harmala seeds,waited 15 mins and started drinking the aya.The taste..hm,just like a very strong tea brew.Each sip was followed by a tiny peace of bread.The first cup was finished within 15 minutes and went without problems.However,when I started to drink the 2nd one,I thought I'd puke instantly.So I packed a small bong with Salvia leaves,made some huge hits,and then finished the second cup.NO nausea.
effects- MAOi surely have their own hallucinogenic effects.It wasn't until 5 mins after the ingestion of Harmala when things started to change.I was extremely lightheaded and dreamy.It felt like the time stopped.My heart was racing really fast,something that I hadn't expected as I do sports regularly.
The mimosa started to work during he ingestion,let's say,30 mins after the 1st sip.The peak was reached within 2 hours and lasted for 1 hour.Some strong OEVs appeared.The leaves were changing form and swirling.All things looked extremely alive.Besides that,associative thinking was greatly enhanced.
But the most interesting was feeling of being someone else.i felt absolutely sober..even more sober than when baseline..but I was convinced that I was someone else.I had not experienced anything similar from previous etheogens.At the end of the trip I had a very philosophical mood and was extremely serious.Every single aspect of my life could be clearly seen,discussed and improved.
Great experience overall,but I guess 12 g of Mimosa was definitely not intense enough.I feel like going for 30 gr of Chaliponga next time.
And yeah,the afterglow.It's been 2 days since I drank my medecine,and I do notice the effects,both physically and mentally.It feels like I have been on holidays for a month or so,wonderful.
PS-The MAOi diet was strictly followed 12 hours before and after the ingestion.Rice,bread and water,that is.No eating and drinking 3 hours before tripping.

Lion

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
afer a dit:
PS-The MAOi diet was strictly followed 12 hours before and after the ingestion.Rice,bread and water,that is.No eating and drinking 3 hours before tripping.

MAOi Diet??
Please tell me some more about this.

Love <333333333333333333333 ^^

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Spectacular!!!

Glad you had a good time. :bear:

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
afer a dit:
The MAOi diet was strictly followed 12 hours before and after the ingestion.Rice,bread and water,that is.No eating and drinking 3 hours before tripping.

shouldnt the diet last for a couple of days before and a couple of days after the aya? this could explain why you had an effect of the peganum alone, what was it you ate in the 48 hours before the aya?

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Since I have a really fast metabolism I figured out that 12 hours before nad after the session would be ok.I had eaten all that food like cheese,fat meat,bananas and etc 24h prior to the session.
Well I suppose it did not cause any problems;I felt great,and I still do.I assume that increased heartbeat is a normal reation.That was not unpleasant.
Anyways,those with a rather slow metabolism should consider avoiding food that could possibly interact with MAO inhibitor 24 h or more before the ingestion of aya.these foods are chocolate,bananas,cheese,alcohol,all bewerages.Seek for the lists of food at ayahuasca.com
All in all,I think it's a rather good idea to fast completely 12 hours or so.this prepares you both physically and mentally.i did eat some rice and bread,but it was necessary since I had to make a long and hard walk(smth aound 4 hours-long) in order to get to the desired place.Call it a hike if you want).

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
a fast heart beat does not sound like a good and normal reaction to a maoi to me. look at this:

Stop taking the MAO Inhibitor and get emergency help if you experience signs of very high blood pressure including:

* Severe chest pain
* fast or slow heartbeat;
* Severe headaches
* Severe Dizziness or lightheadedness
* increased sweating (possibly with fever or cold, clammy skin)
* nausea and vomiting
* stiff or sore neck
* swelling of feet or lower legs
* increased sensitivity of eyes to light
* enlarged pupils

I read it up on erowid:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois_info1.shtml

sounds to me like you still had a bit of tyramine in your blood? this is not meant to take out on you but I just think that 12 hours is a bit short for tyramine to get out of ones system.[/u][/i]

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Wicked!! You tripped on your own?

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
hm..thanks skoeip...I somehow hadn't come across that info.
+increased sensitivity to light-yes,that's been.Sunglasses solved this.
+the enlarged pupils.This's been also.It seems to me that these events are interconnected.If your pupils do not react normally to light(always stay biiig no matter if it's dark or not) it can be quite damaging for your eyes to look at the open sun.That's why they become sensitive to light,because the natural mechanisms that preserve them from excessive light is out-of-order. But both LSA and DXM had caused this.So I thought enlarged pupils were due to the DMT.
Also keep in mind that while under influence of MAOi your perceptions are not normal..Maybe my heartbeat only felt fast?
Thanks for pointing these signs of possible interactions...I'll be keeping my diet for good 24 hours next time.
And yes,I tripped with a friend.He drank somewhere about 10gr. of hostilis and same amount of rue.He noticed the heartbeat and the pupil-related thing also,but had almost no visuals.Same dietary precautions.

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I once had an increased hearth beat on lsd just becaus I thought I had an increased heart beat, just a plasebo but still very effective. could be a placebo. or could be me not thinkin strait after hanging out at bars and drinkin to much :p perhaps I should not post any remarks anymore :p lol

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
yeah,that's the bad thing about your body:eek:nce you begin speculating if it works correctly,it starts to behave bad :)