Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Aya today; just drank a cup of coffee

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Or actually swim drank a cup of coffee, my brother.
It's/was going to be his first time aya, but the fool didn't stick to the MAOI list I gave him it seems.
As I know now he didn't eat any other things that are on the list, a meatloaf sandwich he ate as well, but I don't think that'll cause any complications.
it's the cup of coffee that bothers me.
He drank it about an hour ago and he will be arriving in about 2 hours and tripping in about 3.
What do you think?

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
A cup of coffee and a meatloaf sandwhich doesn't seem like a life-threatening amount of tyramines. However there may very well be a headache and other not-so pleasant side-effects.(nausea and whatnot).

keep an eye on him!

Peace.

[Edit]: I thought he already drank it. It may be best not to let him have the Aya... You should have the discipline to avoid tyramines, otherwise maybe ayahuasca is not a good idea anyway.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Thanks for the advice.
It doesn't matter that there's 4 hours between the coffee and the maoi? Think there will still be significant amounts tyramines to cause headaches and what not? I'm not going to take any risk but I really don't know that well how this works so I am asking for knowledge. But if the chance of headaches etc. is there, he's not going to have any.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Well I really only have limited experience with this. I once had quite headache after drinking syrian rue which I definately attribute to tyramines, but I am quite sensitive to headaches.

But I think you should go throught the trouble of fasting(tyramine free-diet) before taking Ayahuasca. If your brother doesn't take it seriously enough to do so, then he shouldn't take it.

Ayahuasca is serious bussines, and requires a serious mindset.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
do not let him, 8 hours after coffee, maybe. but not any sooner.

Meatloaf is questionable, spices etc...

err.. Definitely should have told him how strict the diet was.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Update
So I let him, perhaps a little irresponsible but the good news is there were no adverse effects.
10 minutes after he downed the aya however he threw up, and didn't fancy having another go.
Guess he's not too serious about it.
I did tell him how strict the diet was but he's just always somewhere else with his head it cometimes seems.
Wouldn't assist him to try again soon or get him the idea. Not at this time in his life.
He was tripping he said, but it ended very quickly. Very quickly as in within 2 hours completely sober. I don't know what to make of that but then again I don't care that much. I urged him to stick to his diet for 12 hours after ingestion and made sure he was really sober before I let him leave. I took some 2cb first time myself, about 20 mgs, but didn't really have the peace to explore so by now, coming down, I can't really form an impression of it. Seems it's gonna have to be repeated :)
Thx for all the advice.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I got headaches once from coffee the day after taking a maoi. That was like at least 8 hours later. I usually never get headaches of any kind (except the ones from excessive alcohol drinking) so that one really counts as a real maoi headache.
It wasn't too bad, but really don't mess with maois - I had a very unpleasant encounter with a trace amount of ephedrine and a small amount of maoi once. Gave me a very unpleasant shake and very ill feeling