Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Australia bans nature (inlcuding its national flower)

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Legislation being proposed in Australia would criminalize most permaculturists, farmers, gardeners, nurseries and bush regenerators by banning any plant that contains DMT – a naturally-occurring hallucinogen. Five plants are currently criminalized, but the new list will include hundreds (possibly thousands) of other species that are common garden plants and include a significant number of common native plants including the national flower, the wattle. [Image: Australia's National Flower, Acacia pycnantha]

Having any of these plants could get you charged with and convicted of a federal drugs violation. The list can be found here, comprising about four pages of the 41-page document.

Garden Freedom is leading a campaign to block the legislation. The public is urged to contact the Minister for Justice, the Hon Brendan O’Connor MP with comments at [email protected] by March 11. (See instructions here).

The purpose of this new legislation is supposedly to stop major drug trafficking, yet many of the targeted plants have never been traded for drugs and have no value as drug plants, because they only contain traces of the compounds.

The proposed laws will make hundreds or possibly thousands of plants illegal. Many of these are common garden plants that honest, law abiding citizens have legally grown for as long as they remember. The laws will affect the commercial propagators, nurseries, farmers, collectors, botanic gardens, seed merchants, landcare groups and most gardeners.

Farmers may need to change their pasture grasses and legumes.
Gardeners, collectors, and botanic gardens will have to remove precious plants from their collections.
Landcare and dunecare groups may no longer work with the species they are used to and that are native to their region.
Nurseries may no longer propagate many of the plants they normally propagate.
Botanists may no longer collect samples from many plants.
Seedbanks will need to destroy many of their precious seeds.
DMT (dimethyltryptamine) is ubiquitous in nature and is likely to be present in thousands of species. If DMT is found in one species within a genus then it is likely to be found in other species of that genus. Some common plants include grasses, wattles, peas, nutmeg, screwpines, buckwheat, citrus trees, and violets. Also included are legumes, the Leopard tree, Honey Locust, wisteria and cattle forage plants like Desmodium, wetland plants such as the Common Rush (Phragmites), and common pasture grasses (Phalaris spp) — even the ice plants in your Granny’s rock garden would be effected by the legislation.

The existing schedule of criminalized plants include:

1. Any plant of the genus Cannabis
2. Enhanced cultivation of any plant of the genus Cannabis
3. Any plant of the genus Erythroxylum from which cocaine can be extracted [...] incl E.coca & E.nova-granatense
4. Papaver bracteatum
5. Papaver somniferum
6. All fungi that contain PSILOCIN
7. All fungi that contain PSILOCYBIN

The proposed new schedule will include:

8. Any plant containing MESCALINE including any plant of the genus Lophophora
9. Any plant containing DMT including any plant of the species Piptadenia Peregrine
10. Salvia divinorum (Diviners Sage)
11. Mitragyna speciosa (Kratom)
12. Catha edulis (Khat)
13. Any species of the genus Ephedra which contains ephedrine
14. Any species of the genus Brugmansia
15. Any species of the genus Datura.

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... ns-nature/

had a good laugh at that. there's many links in the original article if you are interested.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
oooh man, seriously this is so ridiculous that it would be funny if it wasnt so sadly backwards
i know that mescaline can be extracted from eucalyptus trees...soon enough there wont be ANY native plants left in australia

what a sad misconception
when meth amphetamines and opiates are so easy to come by they should focus their efforts on the serious problems involved with drugs, not on things which the majority of people dont even know about let alone actually go through the process of extracting

pathetic

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Alright, now we need to amputate people's brains. Nobody can save their urine! There is DMT in there!!!

Myrddin

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Juil 2010
I remember when they first put this notion forward - I laughed and scoffed.....

Now I'm just scared lol.

The fact that they are still contemplating this is ridiculous.

As said before - I'd like to see them haulling in farmers on thousand acre properties in the middle of the outback... five hundred consecutive life sentenses for the posession of hundreds of thousands of tons of 'illegal' substances...

The concept of removing the wattle from said properties is ridiculous - and likely impossible, logistically.
Then again, the way the government is going - why shouldn't they spend billions of Aussie taxpayers money on hiring people to enforce and remove the wattles from outback farms.... it is 'creating jobs', after all... I'm sure they'd love to lable it under the 'war on drugs', spend billions attempting to enforce it, and then a decade later admit it probably wasn't the best way to go about it in the first place.... ;P

On a more interesting note....

Salvia isn't already on the banned list??

You can extract DMT from wattles?

And,

You can extract Mescalin from Redgums??

Thanks for the tip, Julia (Y)

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
well salvias definately on the ban list, australia was the first country to make it illegal (which is an indication of the governments attitude to this sort of thing)
I've heard you can extract DMT from wattles but i dont know anyone whos actually done it so im not 100%

At one point i had the 'recipe' on how to get mescaline from eucalyptus but i lost it along with my old computer
i THINK its somewhere on erowid, had something to do with ASIO and an australian spin-off of MK-ULTRA back in the 60's i think

Next thing you know they'll be culling off kangaroos and emus..

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
ultimate nanny state.. what about legal ???dumbing down?? substances like alcohol; zoloft is legal but sceletium is illegal..lol