Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

At U.N. Happiness Summit, A Coal Pile in the Ballroom

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
by Charles Eisenstein

I spent the day last Monday at the United Nations by invitation of the Bhutanese government (along with about 600 other guests). The event was called “High Level Meeting on Well-being and Happiness: Defining a New Economic Paradigm.” I thought, “It must not be very high-level if I am invited.” Nonetheless, there I was among 600 activists, economists, NGO workers, bankers, et al from around the world, listening to speeches by prime ministers and Nobel laureates. Except for the monks, I was the only man not wearing a necktie. But that wasn't what disturbed me about the meeting.

Let me give you a bit of background. In 1972, the King of Bhutan, Jigme Singye Wangchuck, remarked that, instead of gross national product (GNP), the nation should strive for “gross national happiness” (GNH). I believe he meant merely to point out that GNP (or GDP, as is more commonly used today) is a poor indicator of a nation's well-being. The concept of gross national happiness had traction, though, and it wasn't long before psychologists and economists were trying to come up with metrics to put a number on the concept. Adding impetus to this effort was a growing awareness among social critics that GDP is a very poor indicator of a people's well-being. In the United States, real per-capita GDP has risen three-fold since the 1950s, but people are not three times happier by any measure. If anything, they are less happy.

continued there, strongly recommended read for everyone who is interested in the detoriation of community and life in general in our culture: http://www.shareable.net/blog/at-UN-Hap ... e-ballroom

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
lol that reminds me a bit of the idea of happiness-machines.. i posted a youtube video link below.. it's like a lot of people try to compulsively happy at all costs or so... but exactly this is what makes it so fake... i can tell from personal experience that when i hear some people laughing, in reality it's as if they are crying... it tells how twisted the people are inside... because they are too superficial to really care about the inside.. "maybe" that's when you show them who they are, they don't even want to see it.

i think edward bernays and sigmund freud have made a mistake in their interpretation of how the human mind works. there were some right ideas, but in terms of human dignity or possible depth of mind etc etc definately wrong... it seems that they were just not thinking deeply enough.

the phrase "ignorance is bliss" does have truth in it, but it also alludes to how ignorance is abused as a tool and self-honesty is disregarded only for pleasure and hence ego-gratification. i think it can be used positively also, but mostly it just displays the selfishness of people and in my interpretation also mind-imprisonment.

[youtube]jUYFr-uDQgg[/youtube]

peace

N

noulficiefe

Invité
Excuse me for choosing forum to leave a report for all about what happens if you use expired keflex keflex info Fort Wayne and about lanoxin lanoxin adverse Fort Worth and buy levaquin overnight no prescription united states online pharmacy without prescription levaquin Frankfort noulficiefe: "Phentermine Alternative Diet Pills","Phentermine is now illegal to order online. So why is America's most popular diet pill in the black? Well for starters, we've got some bags, envelopes, Indian businessmen, old white doctors with Mexican housekeepers, concrete filled pills, and New Yorkers. General practitioner recommend also: cephalexin keflex Concord