Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

astma + aya...

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
A friend of mine has astma and we discover that the medicines he usually uses don't go together very well with aya (MAOI). We where planning on trying aya this friday, till we discovered this.

He's going to his docter tomorrow to ask, but probably he wont be able to take aya with us, i guess. Or does anyone know about a good medicine for astma that can be taken with maoi?

Anyway, he could take mushrooms with us on aya, but the question is: will he be on the same line as us a bit? Or what entheogen could be used together with aya? DMT snuffs? LSA? mescalin?

thnx :)

Lion

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
The things you named like mushies, etc would be the same effect as with ayahuasca.
So a def nono..

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I have asthma, and took shrooms a few times and never had problems... and also MDMA is greatly disrecommended for people suffering of that problem, but I never had problems with it either (in fact I feel as I breath better while on ecstasy). But my asthma is pretty weak so maybe it can be different for someone who has a more servere

G

Invité
Psychoid a dit:
I have asthma, and took shrooms a few times and never had problems... and also MDMA is greatly disrecommended for people suffering of that problem, but I never had problems with it either (in fact I feel as I breath better while on ecstasy). But my asthma is pretty weak so maybe it can be different for someone who has a more servere
i have the same experiences...dunno bout ayahuasca though

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
its not the psilocybin or DMT thats dangerous with astma, its the MAOI that should not be combined with the medicines (can be deadly).

anyway, his astma is pretty bad and he has to take his medicine or he will be in hospital next day, so yeh, thats pretty bad..

I have no experiance with ayahuasca yet but i guess it can be taken together (by different persons) without one going all crazy and walking around all the time and the other just wanting to lie down and go into his self... Till now the guy always had the first on shrooms, but i guess if we all lie down and do nothing, he can go inner too?

grttz

G

Invité
Lion a dit:
The things you named like mushies, etc would be the same effect as with ayahuasca.
So a def nono..

WTF are you talking about?

This guy can't take aya with his medicine because of the MAOi so mushrooms wouldn't be a problem...

Also with mushrooms you can go very deep inside, so it would be a good alternative.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
What about Mushrooms and MAOi's?

G

Invité
Well, if you got astma...
That's not a good idea.

But mushrooms also allow inner exploring, so why add MAOi?

Ok it can be fun, but not when your medicine does not allow it.

G

Invité
Aha, communication glitch.

Thadevine's formulation of the question was also a bit vague...

No-Key

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Déc 2006
I use advair, which to my knowledge isn't an MAOI.
I've never had trouble with any of my psychedellic experiences either.

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Aha, communication glitch.

Thadevine's formulation of the question was also a bit vague...

yeah sorry was pretty tired when i started the thread :oops: . I'll try to formulate the question a little better the next time... ;)

anyway, guess he'll be on shrooms then. thanks :)

and @ no-key: did you ever had psychedelics with strong MAOI in it?

grttz

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I have heart problems sometimes and sometimes asthma attacks . I have a little sprayer for the asthma that sprays "salbutamol" . I have taken loads of ayahuasca and never had any asthma or any other medical problems on it . Ayahuasca makes me feel physicaly good , balanced out , i find it a tonic .

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
We still got to think about the graveness of another's astma.

If one has such a grave form of astma, and has to take dangerous medication constantly.. Can he then die off taking Ayahuasca? Or can he heal?

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
perhaps he can heal? but obly under the guidance of a good shaman i guess...

anyway, he is taking mushrooms with us tonight

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
thadivine a dit:
perhaps he can heal? but obly under the guidance of a good shaman i guess...

anyway, he is taking mushrooms with us tonight

I'm thinking it too. But i wouldn't have a clue. Perhaps an experienced person can enlighten us a bitt?

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
anyway, don't take mushrooms and dmt together, it didnt work out too well... We just wanted to be left alone and dream but the guy on shrooms couldnt trip inside..could be the guy, could be the shrooms...Anyway, he didnt really respect the DMT experience...

Felt like i misused the ayahuasca a bit... :oops: Next time i will take it in a ritual form i guess, this was just frustrating :(.

did get "la purga" tough :p and my friend did too, and we both felt pretty good today, altough we didnt get much sleep. We both felt that there was much more to ayahuasca, but perhaps we will experience another time.

grttz