Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Arthur Clarke presents "Fractals - The Colors of Infinity"

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
famous author, arthur clarke (2001: a space odyssey) presents and commentates in this wonderful documentary on the discovery of fractals, their possible uses, as well as implications for the future. hope you enjoy :D

[youtube]qB8m85p7GsU[/youtube]

[youtube]3gKOB6spCb8[/youtube]

[youtube]iZsVrHCPOio[/youtube]

[youtube]eXngUyOS-XM[/youtube]

[youtube]AjdogjBxfco[/youtube]

[youtube]l8Y6xpeQK-w[/youtube]

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I love both 2001 and fractals, so surely I'm going to look into that, thanks :D

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
also, if anyone of you has the kind of computer I'd like to have, that is one that supports computing stuff with the graphics card (OpenCL, CUDA), then check this out: http://fractron9000.sourceforge.net/
apparently openGL is cool too, but I'm sure it doesn't amount to OpenCL, it's fucking awesome.

smokeydays

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
18 Mar 2010
always loved this.you know mandelbot died a little more than one year ago 14 October 2010.thanks for the m-set.

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Thanks for posting this. Enjoyed it very much. :D
Especially "It [,the universe] can be deterministic in principle, but not in practice". Very much like I was alluding to that a fractal equation cannot be truly random. But, ye life is random, so I have to admit, it does seem to give rise to randomness.

Also very much liked the part about the brain maybe being fractal in nature. I am too lazy to look it up now, but I guess you all know the picture (or rather two pictures) of the universe and a close up of a neuronal network next to eachother, and them being very similar, if not identical. Then, if the universe is fractal in nature, it would make sense that the brain, also being fractal, looks the same on some level of detail/zooming in. And if the brain is fractal, then it would also make sense that our internal world, is identical to the external world; inside = outside.

Very nice :D