Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Aren't we focussing too much on negative things?

lol*fan

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Juil 2007
Aren't we focussing too much on negative things on this forum? I mean, there's a lot of talk on politics, government, 'the bad guys', 'the morons' that don't understand psychedelics/drugs are not just bad etc.

Now, I believe that to change something, you must first accept it exists. Then embrace it, approach it with love. Resisting something will only make it stronger. Well okay, resistance can also stop something, break something, but I think love is much more powerful. Plus it has a very positive influence on yourself, whereas negativity (judgement, anger, frustration) doesn't leave you feeling any better.

In the light of psychology, the Law of Attraction et cetera, paying attention to what we DON'T want will manifest exactly that: the thing we don't want to be there. So all this negativity would actually be fuel to the fire of what we call ignorance, stupidity, getting the facts wrong etc.

They say: be the change you wish to see. So let's be tolerant, open minded, non-judgemental and let's try to understand where the people opposed to certain drugs are coming from.

I could also throw a little subjective reality theory in:
You are all there is. You manifest this world. Why should you worry about people that oppose drugs? Just be and love. There's only this moment. You are loved. All is well.

So what do I do with these thoughts? How do I practice this? An example:

A while ago someone posted something on 'Shrooms: the movie' or something like that. About a bunch of people taking shrooms in the woods and then having a 'bad trip', horror, killing, not knowing what's real and what's not etc. So I could join in the discussion and add my comment saying how evil it is that someone made a movie like that, giving psychedelic mushrooms more negative attention, but what change would that make? It sure wouldn't stop theaters from showing the movie and it sure wouldn't make me feel any better.

So I was just like: okay, someone made that movie. That person might have heard some urban legends about magic mushrooms and thought it would be fun to base some sort of horror story on these. It's probably a beautiful, nice and creative person and I hope he or she had a lot of good times making this movie. This person probably doesn't know anything about psychedelics and that's okay, everyone walks his own path in this life. He/she might even come to really know psychedelics later on in life, look back and regret making this movie.

Point. That's all I need to think regarding this movie and the people who made it.

As for politics, I think it's good to speak up and make known that you don't agree on, for example, a ban on magic mushrooms, and why. The challenge is to do this without letting negativity get a hold of us. Instead of bashing a christian politician who seems shortsighted, we might try to understand where he or she is coming from, try to grasp that he is just as beautiful a person as we are, needs love just as hard as we do and believes he is right just as hard as we do. I think that would charge us with a lot more positive energy that will help us deal with the situation more effectively and will at least leave us feeling good in the end, no matter the outcome of the debate.

Well, that's about it. You might have been frustrated about christians talking about god's love but not acting it at some point in your life---I know I have. Take your chance now, then, to do differently: show some of god's love yourself!

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
If you get a puppy and it shits in your house, you teach it that it's not allowed to do so. You don't do that by gently patting it and asking it in a sweet voice to not do that again. If you don't want smell shit all day in your house, you raise your voice, maybe slap on the ground next to it with a newspaper and teach it something it should learn as soon as possible, in it's own interest.

That doesn't mean you don't love it, you raise your voice and make it listen to you with the ultimate goal of the both of you, living together in harmony.

I understand where 'these people' come from just as a understand why a puppy shits in the house when you just got it. They need to be educated. I can say that 'these people' that you are talking about, are self chosen hardheaded ignorant fucks without being judgmental. Just as I can say the grass is green without being judgmental (my grass surely TASTES great today :D). I mean, what's the point arguing with someone who is color blind, about the greenness of grass? And so what is the point in arguing with a Christian about the nature of an entheogenic plant? They haven't got a fucking clue. They never had. And the best part is, they are trying to eliminate these plants from the face of the earth since at least 800 years. And their users as well, without having a clue.

They tried the same with the microscope, telescope etc...

I understand what you mean though and I also agree but not to the point where its just 'hippie jippie yeah man flowers all over the place' while they pick us up one by one and lock us up. Because that's what it's coming to here, you mentioned the ban on mushrooms specifically so that's what I replied to specifically.

We are really talking human rights issues here, let's not forget that. I mean, would you really dare to ask women in our society to not wear mans clothes in public anymore? Refrain from voting? Ask homosexuals to go underground and hide their nature? Put slavery back in business?

This is an issue just as big as these, but because of the taboo internationally, it's not (yet) really perceived as such by the majority. because let's face it: THEY put the negative stories in the news, THEY make up stories that somehow get in people's faces, effectively blocking scientific results that just prove these plants are actually beneficial.

So yes of course we all have to keep looking in the mirror and making sure that we don't loose ourselves in frustration and irritation because that's completely counter productive. However, the issues we are dealing with are fucking major. It's an outrage that we should even worry about possessing gifts from nature. It's not us that are putting negative stories about drugs in the media, it's them.

Love &peace
Hc

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
One has to see the shit before one can understand and accept it.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Yeah. I'd like to think that being merely positive is the best way to counteract the propaganda.

I agree though, you have to call a spade a spade. And bullshit bullshit. There has always been exploitational filmmaking and journalism.. that which exists merely to make a buck off of hype or phobia, sell out to the conservative masses who want to buy it.. reefer madness is of course the one we all know well, LSD urban myths as well. Not based on an ounce of fact or even interest in fact, but in SELLING and making money.

I think the main problem right now is that ethneogen users don't even have a public outlet with which to contest these films and media. Sure, there is the internet. But if a major news outlet decided to demonize salvia as "Tim Leary's wet dream" and "we have to protect the children", there is no equivalent way for the voices of the defense to even be heard.

And when the opportunity arises, tempering those voices, in a calm and rational way, able to counter myths and propaganda, able to deal with ridicule and come out looking all the better, and speak in a way that the public understands, that will be the next step. In this case, I think remaining overwhelmingly positive will be of vital importance.

A terrific example of this kind of attitude I think is in this interview with Senator McCain where a police officer questions him on his drug policies:

http://sendtherightmessage.com/Officer_Surprises_McCain

The officer here is smart, really smart. Rather than getting caught up in McCain's illogical appeal to emotion that was designed to entrap the officer and make him look stupid, he bypassed it in a positive way, gave positive ideas, etc etc. He actually "won" the argument. McCain had to sluff him off and move onto the next thing.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Of course we should explore all possible perspectives and interpretations, that’s what being a psychonaut is all about, delving into all realms, into parallel dimensions, understanding that how we interpret what we experience will ultimately colour concurrent expressions and experiences.

So yes, we should acknowledge and understand the standpoints of those who oppose, repress and ridicule things we have come to know as real or as truth. Yet this should not pertain that one perspective is more or less valid than another, or that these perceptions stand as some kind of objectivity by which anyone must conform.
Each perspective is a relative truth, that through coalescence builds a greater understanding of ourselves and each other.

It’s the wealth of standpoints that weaves a richer tapestry from which we can all learn, grow and evolve. In competing with our concepts, ideas and ideals, we are only running in circles and getting nowhere. Collaboration is the way forward; mutual respect should stand at the forefront of humanities endeavour into the unknown.

Collaboration creates beauty that surpasses that of the individual.
We can only grow together as one; in separation we simply hide from ourselves.

Peace.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
st.bot.32 a dit:
A terrific example of this kind of attitude I think is in this interview with Senator McCain where a police officer questions him on his drug policies:

http://sendtherightmessage.com/Officer_Surprises_McCain

The officer here is smart, really smart. Rather than getting caught up in McCain's illogical appeal to emotion that was designed to entrap the officer and make him look stupid, he bypassed it in a positive way, gave positive ideas, etc etc. He actually "won" the argument. McCain had to sluff him off and move onto the next thing.

I really think there is something fishy about McCain. He has no face, just a mask and you can see it from the other side of the globe. This story, st.bot.32, is pure gold.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
usadrugwar.jpg

Sensible cops, who would have thought ? very nice indeed !

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
We are in search of facts, and if we don't like them we have to interact with each other to proces our personal issues...
How is a society supposed to change for the better if everybody shuts up about the things they don't like :?:

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I have to agree.

The name of this sub-forum being 'Politics, Legal Issues, and the Media'
pretty much guarantees that a lot of these discussions will devolve into unpleasant ones, dealing with subjects that aren't necessarily going to make one feel good,

Seriously, now, what is going on in the world of politics that can be discussed positively, from a psychonaut perspective?

Ditto for 'Legal Issues'....

Ditto foir the media.

History tells me ( don't know how or if it speaks to you ) that the things going on in the world today are cyclical in nature. History offers hints of the future, to the wise.

The future holds great turmoil, rebellion, division, and most probably a great unequalness for many people in the world.

It is, I believe, irresponsible not to address these issues intellectually, even if it only to get your own thinking straight.

That doesn't always feel good.

That's life.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
lol*fan a dit:
I could also throw a little subjective reality theory in: You are all there is. You manifest this world. Why should you worry about people that oppose drugs? Just be and love. There's only this moment. You are loved. All is well.

That link was a good read :) hehe and that's the guy who slept only a few hours every while and had so much time... I forgot how it's called..

I think that the idea of consciousness being the most important thing there is is very good and healthy and I guess a lot of people here can agree. Maybe more and more people will come to share this "worldview 2.0" in the future.. I hope!

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
spice a dit:
I have to agree.

The name of this sub-forum being 'Politics, Legal Issues, and the Media'
pretty much guarantees that a lot of these discussions will devolve into unpleasant ones, dealing with subjects that aren't necessarily going to make one feel good,

Seriously, now, what is going on in the world of politics that can be discussed positively, from a psychonaut perspective?

Ditto for 'Legal Issues'....

Ditto foir the media.

As for just the happings itself, I fully agree. But a specific part of psychonautism is that you won't want to walk away for confrontation, whether it is good or bad. We can't pretend and deny the existance of it. It'd be a bit daft to filter what's going on in the world and only keep our eyes open for what we the selected because of it's goodness.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
lol*fan , when we start talking about things in a way that you think is negative why dont you try to show us the positive side . And you could also try posting new threads that are positive as an example for us .

Personaly i cant see very much positive in the world at the moment , but i would be happy if you can change my mind .

Todays thought for the day from GOD :-

"Life is like a shit sandwich , the more bread you got the less shit you have to eat"

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I really wouldn't say this forum is too negative, because we have to address what bothers us to change it, or become aware of it.

However I do have to agree with you a little - I once opened a thread here after I had had the hell of a good trip and I just wrote something like "did you know that life is beautiful? Have a great day everyone! :lol: "
- and one of the first answers this thread received was something like "Life is beautiful? Do you know how many people have to die every day because of wars?" And I was like "duh, idiot, don't ruin my day if you already ruined yours..."
Not that I am not aware of the bad things, all I wanted to do was remind everyone of the happy side of life (because I had just experienced it) and all I got was some downer like that...

G

Invité
i think this forum is quite positive, but i admit my fault: sometimes my answers are quite negative and may ruin some positive posts.
but overall, i get enormous good vibes of everyone!

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
The trick is to talk about things (anything) with Love.

Always put Love and Compassion above negative things and thoughts.

Love

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"The trick is to talk about things (anything) with Love.Always put Love and Compassion above negative things and thoughts."

Again , show us how . Show us how to be positieve talking about American foreign policy , the thing that is fucking our world up the most . Then about the holocaust against animals . The holocaust in Palastine . Afghanistan . Iraq . The climate catastrophy . International "Drug" policys . The banning of mushrooms in Holland . The police abusing people . People taking Datura . My hepititis ...............................

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Keeping a positive attitude is a great thing, but anyone who isn't wet between the ears with youth will acknowledge the reality that mindset
and strength of spirit fluctuate greatly within the individual across the span of time.

Some things cannot have a positive spin put on them, I agree with GOD.

People have shown me, over the years, an astonishing capacity for non-confrontationalism and a keen sense of what I'd call 'fluctuating values' if I were in the mood to be nice.

Were I feeling like some straight talk, I may say that these folks were spineless jellyfish, deserving of the gradualistic hades wrought upon them by their irresponsible unwillingness to stand up to injustice.

I may say that I feel 98% of the human race is willing and able to take it up the ass, infinitely, in the name of a dislike for hardship and confrontation.

I doubt this is a trait which will be richly rewarded, in the big scheme, as timidity only begets enslavement.

After a certain point, optimism becomes polly-anna-ism, a reluctance to confront cold, hard realities, and to change them.