Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Another troubleshooting topic.

PsychedelicPirate

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Mar 2009
I finally had the cash to buy some salvia, so I chose some organic 45x standardized extract from a website that looked legitimate. I tried smoking it at my boyfriend's house out of a small water pipe with a normal lighter. I got some pretty good effects from one hit held ~10 seconds and another hit immediately after but coughed out before too long. I fell backwards, got some great cartoon visuals, and felt very connected to the wall for a minute or so.

The whole trip was disappointing for me because I was looking to trip much harder. I tried again at home out of a larger, homemade bong and couldn't hold the hit in at all. Tried a smaller hit with a torch lighter and got a really weird, everything-is-wrong feeling. I felt like there was one more person in the room and I was supposed to be catching up with him [by smoking more salvia] but it was very dysphoric so I got scared/anxious and quit. I smoked multiple times out of the large bong during the night but mostly just felt stoned and sweaty.

Am I doing something wrong? I think maybe the bong is too big for my very small lungs [I have a small frame at only 104 lbs @____@]. I might try a handheld pipe but I'm afraid the smoke will be too hot. After I've failed smoking 45x, should I even bother with smaller extracts, or should I try to find a 60x or 100x?

Please help; the small taste of salvia was enough to spark my curiosity.

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The effects you got sound like Saliva to me but could be stronger . Lots of people have dificulty getting a good hit and lots have to try loads of times before they get realy zapped . So just have patience and keep trying .

I`ve read and people who should know have told me that extracts above 30X arent posible .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
PsychedelicPirate a dit:
I felt like there was one more person in the room and I was supposed to be catching up with him [by smoking more salvia] but it was very dysphoric so I got scared/anxious and quit.
To feel dysphoric is a common reaction to Salvia.

"While salvinorin does activate opioid receptors in the brain, it's important to draw a distinction between the mu-opioid receptor (activated by narcotics like heroin) and the kappa(1)-opioid receptor (activated by salvinorin A). Drugs that work on the mu-opioid receptor cause sedation, pain-relief, and euphoria, but drugs that work on the kappa(1)-opioid receptor generally cause hallucinogenic, but often unpleasant (or even dysphoric) effects. This explains why many people describe the Salvia experience as being unpleasant compared to the effects of the tryptamine psychedelics (such as psilocybine, DMT and LSD), which activate other receptors in the brain."

http://salvia.net/en/effects.htm

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
dysphoric is a pretty good description of the effects of salvia. I don't know why anyone would keep using this stuff. Okay, once or twice, for the novelty, maybe, but to use it regularly, ugh......

I consider salvia a second class psychedelic, at best.

Get some phenethylamines or some tryptamines. There's no point in taking drugs if it doesn't MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD.

If I want to feel like crap I can turn on the TV, or take a drive in the city.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Take a small pipe. It usually burns a bit at your lip and back of your throat, but this is only for a short moment. The hard part is just keeping it in. I've had breakthroughs with standard 5x when I smoked just 0.1 grams. Maybe there is a difference between suppliers or maybe some people are just hardheads.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Spice hit the nail on the head again . As far as i`m concerned saliva is on the same level as sniffing glue or drinking methylated spirits .

PsychedelicPirate

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Mar 2009
I'll probably try again tomorrow with a small pipe and either my torch lighter [ouch @__@] or a regular lighter. I'm aware dysphoria is a common effect, and of course I don't enjoy it while it's happening. Afterwards, though, I look back on the experience positively.

During both trips, I was fully aware I had just smoked some salvia and what I was feeling was a result of that. I was under the impression I wouldn't have such awareness if I break through into the shepherdess' realm.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
I'm sure someone has said it here-- but Salvia has a 'reverse tolerance' effect where one would have to smoke it more over a period of a few weeks to gain it's full effects. I'd say starting with 45x is a bit much for a first trip. But now that you sort of know what it 'feels' like to be on Salvia, prepare your mind of stronger visuals.

Also-- why did you take more than one hit? It should only take one hit as one hit is strong enough. You could have been putting too much Salv. A into you system that it washed away any potential for a 'trip'. Salvia is much like nicotine-- as you will only feel a nicotine 'rush' if you don't smoke a cigarette for a a few days. One doesn't feel a nicotine with every cigarette-- it's the same with Salvia. It takes a few hours, if not more to be able to feel its effects again. So again, one hit is enough and leave it at that. Try and hold it in for 15 seconds, or more. It's hard to count sometimes as you start to feel trippy within 7 seconds or so, but hold it in until you need to take a breath of air.

Good luck!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I think that people should explain exactly what 45X or 100X means and how one would make that concentration . Then it will be obvious that those concentrations arent realistic .

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
GOD a dit:
I think that people should explain exactly what 45X or 100X means and how one would make that concentration . Then it will be obvious that those concentrations arent realistic .

Mwah, i think it's possible to make 100x extracts. It's also possible to extract pure salvorin crystals...

But it's ridiculous to smoke such a 100x extract :lol:
20x or 30x is enough for sure imo

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
It only depends on the original concentration of salvinorins in the plant material. Then you could have an ____x extract, the maximum value representing 100% divided by the original concentration in %. So pure salvinorins extracted from plant material with 0,25% salvinorins would be 400x.

Am I wrong?

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
5x is too strong. Why should we need 100x?
Stupid smartshops here don't sell under 10x... and for scam prices