Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

An Alternate Theory on Bicycle Day.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007

MelloTrip

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Very interesting article, thank you for sharing Arcticpheonix.

If Albert Hofmann did indeed NOT ingest LSD on this day, what a pleasant coincidence his discovery would be !

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
i didn't know he only tripped for two hours... weird

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
Yeah when I first read that, the two hour trip frame was a glaringly obvious weird thing that didn't mesh. I always put it down to maybe him having an altered perception of time, the LSD was 5 years old and had maybe degraded some so that he took a very low dose of extremely pure chemical, or maybe he was still experiencing things but of a not so obvious nature.

Whatever it was, I'm glad he made us LSD

maxfreakout

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
ive read about this before, it certainly seems like something a bit strange was going on here, acid trips are never that shortlasting

However, spontaneous religious experiences are rarely that long lasting

MelloTrip

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I have two questions :
- when Hofmann says it lasted 2 hours, he is sure about that ? I mean, if he DID ingest LSD, he would be the first person in the world to have experienced its properties. Wouldn't that make the estimation of the lenght of the experience very difficult ?
- Dr David Nichols seems to imply that it is very hard to get high from LSD via cutaneous absorption. However i've read quite many stories of people tripping because of that. How can it be ?

Sinaeps

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Déc 2009
How is that a scientific hypothesis? Seriously, I'm sorry but it sounds incredibly stupid. You could also say the condition was caused by extra-terrestrials, fairies or the star's alignment. It just doesn't make sense, and there is no reason whatsoever to believe that interpretation. I mean, the guy was working with psychedelic chemicals, he got a psychedelic experience, why not work from there to find a solution? Wouldn't that make much more sense then to rely on the "mystical experience" excuse not to have to actually figure it out?