Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

ADHD

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
It's very clear to me that i have ADHD.
I heard it all my life from (girl)friends and teachers, but my mom wouldn't let me to go to a doctor, because she thinks the ADHD can be solved with healthy food and a healthy lifestyle.

Now i'm facing a lot of troubles, i quited several schools and i can't focus on almost everything these days.
So the ADHD is becoming more difficult for me to handle.
That's why i went to the doctor.

A couple of tests resulted in the result: i have almost 100% sure ADD-ADHD.
But they want to test some more, but i'll have to wait up to 3 months for that.

And now my problem: i start at a new school for about 2 weeks, without the medication for ADHD.
I really think that this will not work without medication, because nothing will work these these because of my lack of concentration.
It's not possible for me to start the new school later.

What can i do?

Is it an idea to take speed in very small doses as a temporary replacement for Ritalin / Concerta?
I heard that Ritalin / Concerta also contains amphetamines, and is almost the same as speed.
So that's why i'm asking :wink:

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
You could use speed, but it does not really have a positive influence on your life if you use it regularly.

I'd suggest a good ayahuasca-ceremony with a shaman who knows his stuff. :wink:

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
I can tell you that I've heard from several people with ADD/ADHD that infact speed had a similar effect for them as Ritalin/Concerta (I think ritalin is dextroamphetamine, and "normal" speed just amphetamine but I'm not entirely sure. You'd have to ask the chemists on this forum to be sure). A clear headedness comined with the ability to focus much better is mainly what I've heard. A negative side effect is that people also reported feelings of being somewhat sedated or not entirely themselves.
I wouldn't like to recommend you to use speed, but that has more to do with my personal dislike for it (which is based entirely on experiences from other users) combined with my severe lack of clinical psychological knowledge.
Bottom line is I think it might help you, but I'm a bit too aware of the dangers of speed to recommend it. If you are going to try it, stay with the really small doses (about as much as you can put on the tip of a key).

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Well I don't think using speed in school is a good idea, it might make you concentrate a little better, but it' addictive as hell.

You could try getting ritalin from a dealer? because I think some drugdealers actually sell them. Or you could try borrowing a prescription or the ritalin itself from a fellow-ADHD-er.

Also, you can turn to homeopathic stuff, perhaps kanna may help you increase your concentration?

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
VerusDeus a dit:
Well I don't think using speed in school is a good idea, it might make you concentrate a little better, but it' addictive as hell.

You could try getting ritalin from a dealer? because I think some drugdealers actually sell them. Or you could try borrowing a prescription or the ritalin itself from a fellow-ADHD-er.

Also, you can turn to homeopathic stuff, perhaps kanna may help you increase your concentration?
at a dealer if you want ritalin it'll probably be sold as Dextroamphetamine. I haven't been able to find a reliable source about the addictive properties of amphetamine vs dextroamphetamine, but I'd be very interested in anything on this subject.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Forkbender a dit:
You could use speed, but it does not really have a positive influence on your life if you use it regularly.

I'd suggest a good ayahuasca-ceremony with a shaman who knows his stuff. :wink:

I know that.
I have used speed for fun, and i know what the dangers are and that it can en will destroys lifes.

Why a good ayahuasca-ceremony?
I don't think that it will help to get my concentration and focus back to normal.

-----

Ritalin / Concerta is in fact the same substance (as far as i know), you can use Wikipedia for more information.
Only you take Ritalin about 3/4 times a day, because it works not quite long.
You take Concerta one time a day, and it lasts much longer, it gives a small amount of the chemical every 2/3? hours to the body.

-----

Ritalin from a dealer? That's very hard to find, and very expencive.
You can also buy Ritalin online, but then i don't know if i'm really dealing with Ritalin or something fake.
Pure Speed is much cheaper and easier to find.

Also, Ritalin and Concerta are addictive, similar to speed.

I can't get a prescription from someone else, because they don't give more ritalin's then you need in a certain period.

Homeopathic stuff isn't an option, i tried that, but it won't work.
I used Kanna with a friend for fun about a year ago. It didn't have any effect, but the next day we got headaches as hell and we were angry at everything for a couple of days.
I feel worser from Kanna then from Speed... (the day after).

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
"Now i'm facing a lot of troubles, i quited several schools and i can't focus on almost everything these days.
So the ADHD is becoming more difficult for me to handle.
That's why i went to the doctor."

Now that you are aware of the diease, it is become worse. I believe that all these mental dieases are in your head. I don't think Speed or Ritalin is the answer. As Forkbender said, I good Ayahuasca expecience with a shaman. Shaman is a doctor, he may be able to help you. Don't forget Ayahuasca is a healing plant. It may bring out the 'casue' of your diease, where as the Ritalin is just hiding it.

PEACE & LOVE

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
HappyMind a dit:
Why a good ayahuasca-ceremony?
I don't think that it will help to get my concentration and focus back to normal.

I think it can help. I heard some cases of people healing both physical diseases that cannot be cured by regular Western medicine (like cancer, for example) and psychological diseases (for example: OCD, PTSD).

I wouldn't suggest this if you weren't doing psychedelics already, cause that would probably be a bit too much, but if you're used to it, why not try to heal yourself using them. They have a long and succesfull history in doing so.

As user_1919 says: ritalin (or any other amfetamine for that matter) may help you bury the cause of your ADHD under layers of forced concentration. It puts an immense amount of strain on your psyche. The cause will however not be treated with love, as it needs to be.

That's why I suggested a good ayahuasca ceremony. You can do it with shrooms as well, but get a good shaman to help you.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
user_1919 a dit:
It may bring out the 'casue' of your diease, where as the Ritalin is just hiding it.

That's the problem with western medicine, they don't search for the cause of your illness they look for the symptoms and try to exterminate these symptoms. This way you don't heal but you make things worse.

And indeed i'd say ayahuasca ceremony over using Dextro/Meth-amphetamine because these are both addictive substance that only have effect in short term but in the long term will only make things worse for you.

Peace

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
It would make no sense to simply heal the disease, than how would they make there money?
Ritalin, Dextroamphetamine, and all other forms of ADD/ADHD medication is in one form or another an Amphetamine, "speed" is just this chemical, amphetamine methylated, hence Methamphedamine.

If you have already done speed than you know the addictiveness of it, especially when smoked, snorted, or injected, so it is generally a good idea to stay away from it, but it can be used responsibly. I would Not suggest using Meth at school, it is VERY easy to tell one someone is under the influence of meth and it can get you in some serious trouble.
I believe that ADD/ADHD can be cured by yourself, try some cannabis, or like suggested an Ayacusa ritual. The problem of concentration is probably also because the method they are using to teach is ineffective and uninteresting, try relating the material to something you find interesting.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Ritalin is not an amphetamine, it's methylphenidate

methylphenidate_2d.gif

Ritalin is not the answer, and speed definitly isn't...

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Ritalin is crap.

I don't think ADD/ADHD is as much a real disease as it is a psychological mindset.....it is more a group of symptoms that defy a
lot of explanations.

I have had friends diagnosed, and they went to supposedly 'good' doctors, all to negative results. They did get addicted to adderall, however.

I'd try a mindblowing, speed-of-light psychedelic session of some kind to see if I could learn more about myself.

Also, this will sound unusual, but high doses of MDA made it to where I figored out where a lot of my crossed wires happened within the context of my childhood.

I am not especially knowledgable (= no direct experience) concerning ayahuasca, but I don't think this crew would steer you wrong.

I have read some about it, and it, along with ibogaine, seems to hold vast unrealized potential.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i agree with some replies. medicine is generally !bad! . so i guess taking medicine would be !bad! . but i am not aware of the level of your lack of concentration.
i am too kind of convinced that diseases can be cured in another way than with western medicine. maybe you should realize you are not sick, but there probably would be no point in it, as you would say that you are. but anyway... is adhd supposed to be a mental or psychical disease? if yes can't it be cured therapeutically? with a friend maybe... or maybe cannabis helps... maybe meditation and contemplation helps? ;)

peace.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Let me correct myself to, most forms of ADHD medication are in some form amphetamines. I was diagnosed with ADHD, I diagnosed myself with being a kid. I think it's all more of a, if you have these 'symptoms' you have this 'illness'.
Like 'Restless Leg Syndrome'. The symptoms for this include, "creepy crawlies". I believe a lot of 'diseases' are created to make a medicine to 'cure' them.

Monochromatic_Knight

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Take up meditation. Any kind will do, but I recommend Zen. Soto is the school you will most likely encounter.

In regards to Shamans and Ayahuasca: I'm not so sure they're the panacea you're making them out to be. Many of them operate within a specific cultural context and most likely NEVER ENCOUNTERED ADHD, as it is highly likely a result of modern living and not found in the Amazonian jungles very often, if at all.

Sounds like you're really convinced about your diagnosis... even before you were diagnosed. Now I'm sure they're some people out there with actual ADD-ADHD, but it is incredibly over diagnosed (in the USA) and in many instances a complete farce.

If you would like my opinion, I think concentration is highly linked to metacognition (the way you think about thoughts). If you're convinced that you can't concentrate, well... you're going to have a really hard time concentrating, because every potential distraction will become evidence of your diagnosis. Try to chill out and not judge yourself too much. And focus on something you enjoy.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I don't think ADD/ADHD is as much a real disease as it is a psychological mindset.....it is more a group of symptoms that defy a
lot of explanations.

Of course it is a group of symptoms, but don't underestimated this disease. I also have add, and i`m running against a lot of problems. I just know i have add for 2 weeks, but before i was diagnosted as a borderliner, which i always knew that this was not correct. But still i always where running against a lot of problems. I never finished school, i could not work. I just could not live like anyone else.

And even right now my life, constantly is facing lots of problem. Because of all the failures which happened because of my add, i lost my self confidence. And it is hard to have confidence in my self.

I think there are many people who have the symptoms of add-adhd. But it seem that the most kids, don't have add or adhd anymore when they on a age of 20. On this age, there is only a small group of people who still have add/adhd. I think that these group have the real add/adhd.

And believe me, if you have this disease, then you know where you talking about. But if you have not, you would never understand it. Because it's a strange mental disease, which can cause you a lot of problems. And believe me, i fought and try'd as much as i could. Because i wanted to live just like everybody else. But again and again, thinks won't work out for me.

I have called it a disease in these topic, but in fact i don't think it's a disease. I think add/adhd people are to much right brain oriented. I can't not explain, why i believe this, because my english is to bad for that. But i`m using my right brain, more then the people around me are doing.

So what i believe, is that people with add/adhd are just thinking in a different way, then people who have a dominant left brain. And the problem is, that most people have a dominant left brain. And this world is based on these left brain people. So the small group of right brain thinkers, do have a problem because they won't fit in these society which is based on the dominant left-brain.

Greets,
Mysticwarrior.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
user_1919 a dit:
Now that you are aware of the diease, it is become worse.

No. You get me wrong. I started to have serious problems with everything.
So I went to a girlfriend and told her about my problems.
After i finished, she told me: "don't you have ADHD? You're now telling me almost the same things, where i'd suffered from".

After that i realized that a lot of people asked me if i had ADHD because of my behaviour, but i was always convinced that i haven't got ADHD.
That together with the fact that i'm reaction very different on ritalin / speed then others made very clear to me that i indeed probably have it.
When i look back on my life, i can link a lot of problems to ADHD, maybe even almost every problem. And that's not because i want to say, it's not my fault, but the fault of the ADHD, but because almost every problem is caused by my lack of concentration.

I believe that all these mental dieases are in your head. I don't think Speed or Ritalin is the answer. As Forkbender said, I good Ayahuasca expecience with a shaman. Shaman is a doctor, he may be able to help you. Don't forget Ayahuasca is a healing plant. It may bring out the 'casue' of your diease, where as the Ritalin is just hiding it.

But it isn't new for me, when i was at age of 6 a school nurse told my mom that it can be possible that i have ADHD.
But my mom don't like medicines and never wanted to diagnose me.
And i never had the feeling that i had ADHD.

I don't know if ADHD can be cured by an ritual, i will try it, but if you don't have ADHD you can't say it's just nothing and that it can be cured easy.

You can ask yourself what's better, taking ritalin/concerta daily and be able to function OK or doing nothing about it and fuck evertything up.

But i'm willing to try it, but how and where can i do that kind of rituals?

Forkbender a dit:
That's why I suggested a good ayahuasca ceremony. You can do it with shrooms as well, but get a good shaman to help you.

I really want to give it a try, but i don't know where to start.

Meduzz a dit:
Ritalin is not an amphetamine, it's methylphenidate

methylphenidate_2d.gif

Ritalin is not the answer, and speed definitly isn't...

But it's very the same in (side) effects.

-----

Cannabis isn't the solution, i was very lon addicted to it, i've learned to use it and not to abuse it, but it only gives a temporary solution and if i use it too much it gives me more side effects then benefits.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
hmm it's hard to imagine to have this diesease also sometimes it seems to me i have it also?!?!? i mean i feel like i can't concentrate and everything but well everybody has that i guess sometime... i find the disease also strange... i think it's like a mental disorder or just thought loops that can't stop themselves, because they are fueled all the time ??? ... maybe it's like if you have ADHD you'd constantly need to catch up with yourself or your own thoughts which can go way too fast ??? i imagine this can get quite tiring? like an eternal fight against oneself?

or is it more like your attention just floats and you can't change the direction ??? and why is ritalin which is supposed to be similar to speed medicated then? is it for being fast enough to catch up with oneselfs thoughts ?? wouldn't it be better to focus on the attention itself or the consciousness and maybe MJ would be more beneficial to the curing of it ??? i don't know... :p

i'm by far no expert but maybe it makes sense.

peace. :)

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Imagine how it is to be constantly distracted on moments where you need your concentration the most.
Someone is telling you something and after he finished his story you don't know what he was saying....

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
hmm ... well that's tough... is it constantly? or only constantly on moments when you need your concentration the most? and can you when it is like in the second case kind of prepare for it and then induce a situation where you need the concentration most?? and in this way learn how to get rid of it ??