Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Acorus calamus americanus / Sweet Flag

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
i'm very interested in Sweet Flag
as i understand it any but the American variety (Acorus americanus or Acorus calamus americanus) will make you emetic
i'd like to order some rhizomes to chew on soon
any one have any experience w Sweet Flag?

druglessdouglas

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
im a fan oc Acorus calamus. ive had a few interesting experiences in the past. i was buying it (root) dried and in small chips. its best chewed in a quid. its a cross between cork and root ginger. strong spicy and not all together pleasant.

the equivalent to the dimentions of your little finger will energise you without any noticable phychic effects. if you can chew the equivalent to a fists worth the effects are very similar to MDA. i believe its aminised to TMA2 in vivo.

if you fill a coffee jar with root then hot water, then drink it you will get a resonably powerfull effect from it. its not pleasant to drink but worth it.

tolerance develops fairly quickly and lasts well over a week.

its really cheap

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
do you have to refrain from swallowing while chewing the root (a la Salvia)?

druglessdouglas

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
no, you can swallow it and it will still work. it just goes through the mouth quicker and you need less. gell caps would work but youd need a lot of them.
the taste isnt too bad. if you can eat raw ginger then you can chew calamus.
they dont taste the same but there are a lot of similarities.

i dont know much about the american sweet flag and its emetic qualities. the stuff i was buying came from israel i believe and didnt make me feel sick. if you can find European/middle eastern calamus go with that. garden centers here sell live plants. it will even grow where i live, and it loves wet ground