Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

About the poll who's to blame?

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
My option is missing :crybaby: When I was about 7 years old I already decided I would be using certain plants for their effects later in my life. My parents had a box of different kinds of tea and I already wanted to try them to see what kind of effect it would have, then I realised it's just tea and every kind is essentially the same. But at that point I decided for myself I would investigate the effects plants (and mushrooms, I found out later on) would have on me when I would grow up.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
And the title should be "Who's to thank?" :wink:

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
yup, weird poll in this form.

Also I did not vote because the option "Me" is missing.

G

Invité
Forkbender a dit:
And the title should be "Who's to thank?" :wink:

2nd that!
I thank: Gerben Hellinga en Hans Plomp who wrote Uit je bol :mrgreen::thumbsup:
The most famous Dutch drugs for dummies guide :p

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Which brain dead person decided to put such a negative and anti drug poll like that on the front page ??? Blame is the wrong word , it sugests / implys that you are doing something wrong . That you have been lead into making a mistake , into becoming a drug abuser . Its not the kind of publicity drug users or this site needs . Its about as stupid as the last poll asking on wich drugs have you had a bad trip , instead of asking on wich drugs you have seen god , been healed or had the best time of your life . Hopefully the people responsible think about the implications of what they are doing before they make another blunder like those two .

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Yeah, weird question indeed. I had kind of blanked it out till I saw this thread...

I waited till I was ready. Then, I sought it. I took it. It found me :)

If anything I blame Stanley Kubrick. I saw 2001 when I was 5 and my entire life I have been interested in dream states and dreamlike imagery, that definitely cemented it for me when i saw the last 30 mins of that movie.. from then on I was predisposed to liking all things psychedelic. :lol:

I'd also like to blame the fundamentalist religion I grew up in, it helped me realize that it is possible to wake up and realize a great deal of what you have been led to believe is wrong, and helped me realize that a great deal of lawmaking is religious people legislating their herd morality on the rest of us.

While I'm blaming I'd also like to blame the war on drugs people who planted negative and completely inaccurate propaganda into my skull.. misinformation that was such a pleasure to finally be rid of.

In the end it was my choice, and I don't regret it. The only drugs I ever regret taking in my life have been legal prescription drugs, far more damaging.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
it was a book
C.Castaneda's the art of dreaming that i started reading with my alternative religion teacher.
cause my parents are against religious brainwashing in schools they wanted me to study phylosophical thinkers in history
and my teacher was a gay hippie so he thought it would be interesting for me to study Castaneda and the Gnostic gospels and the apocriphal ones too and the Bahgavat gita

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Difficult to figure out who's to blame. I think my first introduction to psychoactive drugs came during a one week lustrum celebration at school, the theme of which was the sixties. We were all dressed as hippies, and I had my first bong hit that Monday. :) Then came psychedelic music of all sorts, books by Aldous Huxley etc.

I can't say my friends influenced me, because although some did do pot and eventually acid as well, none of them were that enthusiastic about it all. Nowadays most of them haven't done any drugs for over a decade, except alcohol and tobacco.

I quit doing all types of psychoactive substances for a couple of years (1993-1998). The main person who's "to blame" for getting me into them again, this time trying out higher doses of mushrooms and ayahuasca, was Terence McKenna, and a bit later Rick Strassman, Christian Rätch etc.

In a sense it was "me", as phalaris described his own path, but if I hadn't come across the many great artists, authors and scholars who explained or examplified the psychedelic position, I might never have given psychedelics a second thought and be the happy drug user I am today.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I voted for a book, because that was the first thing that turned me on about the subject, but I do take full responsibility for it.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
I got agree with Space, "Uit je Bol" just openend a whole new world for me. :D so thanks Gerben and Hans!

I think my mom kinda regret that she gave this book too me, when i was 15, it had a totally other inpact on me then she would expect , so id like to thank my mom too.. :p

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Hooray! There's a new poll, free from irony! :wink:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
In a sense it was "me", as phalaris described his own path, but if I hadn't come across the many great artists, authors and scholars who explained or examplified the psychedelic position, I might never have given psychedelics a second thought and be the happy drug user I am today.

Actually that is very true for me as well.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I blame cannabis :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Obviously the site royalty has been reading this thread , has read my post and has thought about what i said and has changed the poll on the front page to "Poll - On which drugs have you seen God, been healed or had the best time of your life?" .

Thank you your royal highnesses i am truly honored .

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
My dad steered me in this direction when I was a lot younger, giving me a lot of sixties literature before I was ready for it, but I guess he felt that it was time, so he could say that he tried, at least.
(Dad danced with the military-industrial complex his whole life as an electronics warfare technician....apparently he knew what he was trying to do...CONGRATULATIONS DAD YOU SUCCEEDED)
'Don Juan, A Yaqui Way of Knowledge' was, I believe , the first book I read that introduced me to these states in theory, but it wasn't till later that the actual real thing happened (acid), but I didn't get much out of it, except the hell scared out of me, 18 years old, no sitter, no expectation, dosed by a complete stranger who, to this day, I have never seen or heard of/from again.
(apparently, the legendary 'friendly stranger')

So, the technically precise answer is;

My dad, and a complete stranger.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Dad danced with the military-industrial complex his whole life as an electronics warfare technician"

Strange that he pointed you in that direction ???

Maybe the complete stranger was Dr.Who !!!!!

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I agree, it seems very strange on the surface. But dad was extremely disillusioned with the direction his life had went, he always trusted those motherfuckers ( or, should I say, fatherfuckers) to do him right, and they, of course, never did.

He fought all his life battling alcohol addiction, and at some point had been exposed to Learys research in Canada, and I believe, secretly yearned for Leary to come cure HIM....when I, being a typical teenage idiot, would come home half-drunk and red-eyed, he must have seen himself, and been horrified that everything was trying to re-assert itself in a new generation. As far back as I have first hand knowledge of, my dad, his dad, and HIS dad, were all lifetime alcoholics....

He was very intelligent, in his way, and of course now that he is gone
I realize how much opportunity I let slip by, being an idiot, not listening, all the typical young mans mistakes.....anyway, I think he was trying to pre-empt a lifetime of addiction by getting me interested in psychedelics/entheogens....and in a roundabout way, it worked.

Once I did 'get it', much later, everything fell into place EASY, and I think at least some of it had to do with the things I had read way back.

Dad hated the establishment by the time it was over, he developed cancer in his lymphatic system, which later spread to his brain, and his heart. We thought that it was surely related to all the things he was exposed to over the years in the service of some rotten old fucks that he trusted.

He was an infantryman in Korea, and he said that the Army was deforesting huge swaths of Korea with this mysterious grey powder, which he said was the fore-runner to agent Orange....anywhere that shit fell, there were dead animals by the truckload.....
See, he BELIEVED those fuckers when they said, 'Well, that radiation is below seven roentgens, the allowed limit, so it's harmless....'

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
God rest his soul . Sounds a bit like mash , wich sounds like......

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realise and I can see...

That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make all our little joys relate
Without that ever-present hate
But now I know that it's to late, and...
That suicide is painless

The game of life is hard to play
I'm going to lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
So this is all I have to say
That suicide is painless

The only way to win is cheat
and lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat
That suicide is painless
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin but...
That suicide is painless
A brave man once requested me
To answer questions that are the key
Is it to be or not to be
and I replied 'oh why ask me?

Cause suicide is painless
and I can take or leave it if I please ...
and you can do the same thing if you please.

Hope you dont mind that , just thought its a beautiful song............