Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

About Storing Mushrooms Long Term

Gonzonaut

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
18 Avr 2010
I have read about many ways to store mushrooms, but one in particular interests me, the "honey" method. In theory, you just chop up fresh mushrooms and put them in a jar with honey. Not only is is supposed to preserve the mushrooms, the psylocybe is supposed to be absorbed by the honey. That sounds like the perfect way to me, but i would like to know if anyone has had any experiences with this? Maybe it effects potency or has some sort of negative effects ive not heard about?

Perhaps its the secret to livening up the old honey and toast breakfast eh?

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I only have experience with long term storage by getting them cracker dry and deep freezing them in airtight bags/containers. They can be kept good for many years like that. Honey seems like an interesting alternative.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i agree with heartcore as far as longest term storage. but if you want something readily useful yet also a pretty good means of storage as well, then honey is a fine option. i suppose you could just put the mush flakes in the jar of honey.... but you can be stealthier by using one of many recipes online to simply extract the psilocybin using honey, so you can have honey that is clear, and not obviously for some other purpose, while achieving the same goal. :D

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I have always had good experiences with drying them really good and keeping them in an airtight container and in the dark.

Although I recently lost a whole 40g or so - they just weren't good anymore after ~6months of storage. I took 25g of them at once, and although it was a weird trip, something essential was missing, I can't say exactly what, but it felt like the "buzz" wasn't there. I felt like I was hypnotized by an alien power, but then happened - nothing. Weird trip, but a normal 5g trip with good, freshly dried shrooms would have been a lot better...

I guess this was because I had cut the stems vertically so they would dry better. It helped a lot with the drying, but I think it also killed the potency. I have had other batches that were 6 months old or older, and they were still good. Maybe a little weaker than fresh, but still good. But this batch with the vertically cut open stems was just garbage. I'll never again cut the stems in the future!