Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

A youngster died with Datura Stramonium

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
This wednesday a youngster of 15 years died in Madeira (Portugal) after drinking a tea of "Datura Stramonium".
Three other young had drunk of the same tea, giving entered in a hospital of the region ,with atropine intoxication , but they are ok .

According to Daily of Notice of the Funchal and the Periodical of the
Madeira , the incident occurred Wednesday. The four youngsters, with ages
understood between the 15 and 19 years, had decided spoon the
"Datura " in the locality of the Pagagaio Verde, in the outskirts
of the Funchal. They had make the tea "in order to try the
allucinogenic effects of the plant".

One of them died with intoxication and the remainders had been
in comment in the Intensive Cares of the Hospital Da Cruz de Carvalho.

phalaris

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
I feel sad for her. she was just experimenting... just like many of us here.

poor girl and friends, would they have known about the unpredictable nature of datura ?

maybe the inavailability of mushrooms or other less fatal psychedelics "forced" them into trying datura.

jilola

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Avr 2006
They should have know?
Datura is a woody-stalked, leafy herb growing up to 2 meters. It produces spiney seed pods and large white or purple trumpet-shaped flowers that face upward. Most parts of the plant contain atropine, scopolamine, and hyoscyamine. It has a long history of use both in S. America and Europe and is known for causing delerious states and poisonings in uninformed users.

From erowid.

Always, always know the stuff you try. And even then start with less than nothing of a dose and work up to either a desired state or a state that is unwanted. WHicever comes first.

What you know of cannot kill you?

O

onerionaut

Invité
phalaris a dit:
maybe the inavailability of mushrooms or other less fatal psychedelics "forced" them into trying datura.

Or maybe they wanted a dissociative instead of a psychedelic... there are huge differences between the effects of psychedelic hallucinogens and dissociative hallucinogens.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
damn, browser crashed. there goes my 30+ minute post :(

I do not feel like recontructing it, so I won't :)

They may have looked for a dissasiocate hallucinogen, as a "other psychedelics" but even then there are less fatal options like salvia or nitrous gas.

maybe they felt restricted in those other options, I know I did when I lived at my parents house.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
I feel bad for young life and scopolamine OD-heart failure.Datura is strong spirit wich doesnt care for moral and existance of reckless, and who know, maybe thay consumed many times and play little game who will take the bigest part of tea-some kind of lethal competition. I have seen that many times with E, amphetamins or who will eat more then 2-10 blotters of LSD.Datura is power and years need to be given to use her and strenght in ceremony or other use/datura/place. :( :!:

F

fuuz3r

Invité
RIP

People should stay away from datura-alaike plants or start with very very small doses.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Or maybe they wanted a dissociative instead of a psychedelic..

My guess is they didn't even know the difference between dissasociative and psychedelic. Most people who try datura realize afterwards that they did not want what they get...
Knowing what I know about datura I never felt like trying it and probably I never will feel like trying it. It's a very strong and dangerous tool, only for the very serious psychonauts who do not fear the consequences - it's sad not everybody knows...

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
Yes , they didn t know the difference between psychedelic and dissosiative , and bigger problem they didn t know the difference between psychedelicand alcohol , i saw two of the young man that take the tea takling in the portuguese Tv and they say that they drink the tea thinking have the same effects or like alcohol they do not have any kind of psychedelic experience and that is the big problem .
And now we know that isn t from Datura Stramonium but with Brugmansia or Trompeteira (in portuguese) , is wild spread in Madeira(portugal) , the 3 other youngs had confirm .

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I registered at this site just so I could add to this thread being as how a similar incident just occurred in my home city of Richmond, Virginia here in the states.
Thank god no one died but two 18 year olds had to be taken away and hospitalized as they were running around in the middle of a VERY busy intersection throwing things and swearing at traffic and were basically insane. They had each eaten all the seeds from one pod of a Datura tree ( they called them moon flowers, normally refered to as Jimson weed or angel's/devil's trumpet). I grow alot of psychoactive plants; kratom, rivea corymbosa, morning glory, belladonna, datura, sinisuichi as well as peyote and san pedro cactus but nothing causes such havoc as the nightshades. Belladonna isn't as big a problem because fewer people know what it looks like. I had to move my Datura tree ( easily the prettiest of my collection ) to my parent's house in the suburbs because it became apparent that my flowers were being pilfered. I don't want to be responsible for anyone's death even if they do bring it upon themselves.

Addict7

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Jan 2006
Arsenic will give a dissociative effect too, you will definitely leave your body...
Datura is good for suicide, nothing more.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I have used Datura 3 times with very strange and scary effects even at low doses ( one flower/ 30 seeds ). I could not classify it as either psychedlic or dissociative. Myself and the people I've seen on atropine, scopolamine based plants are quite sociable. Infact we frequently use words just made up in our insane heads and then say them to people who aren't even there! This is funny afterwords but very scary to see / experience.
I also could not call it a hallucinogen because under the influence of these plants there are no hallucinations, everything is as real as the screen in front of your face. The 2nd time I tried Datura I kept being visited by me 6th grade gym teacher, Mr. Pruett. ( I'm 24, this happened 2 years ago ). We had long conversations and then he would disappear but in my mind I thought " Well I guess he had somewhere to be" and would think nothing more of it. These are not fun drugs, it was something I had to experience for myself. If you feel the same calling, take it slow; start with just a few seeds. Even at this low dose the effects can be so unpleasant it will probably disuade you from ever trying it again. Fun effects include painfully dry mouth and throat, inability to stand, walk, move limbs properly or use words. As someone else wrote on erowid... These plants do not open any doors of perception. They break them off the hinges and beat you in the head with them until you wake up in a hospital or a jail cell if you're lucky. Happy trippin'. :twisted:

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
The datura is a deliriant, not a "clasical" psichedelick and its realy TOXIC!!
There are diferent variations of the speeshes, D. Stramonium is most common here in Bulgaria, but there is also the beautifull D.Inoxia.
Both contains atropine, scopolamine and histocyamine, all the three chemicals are toxic and can have not only psychopactive effect BUT also can be dedly
One can never know the proportion and the concentration of these chemicals in the seeds, leafs or other parts of the diferent plants ..
The "hidden catch" is that all the three chemicals stays in the body for about 100 days...and they AKOMULATE.
It means that a single seed, leaf or flower can not kill you (unless you're alergick maybe) but if you eat hundred(s) of them even in 3 months this can be fatal and maybe lethal.
Deadly I meen.

The datura expirience is Not a (good or bad) TRIP, It's a HARDSHIP (an ORDEAL?)
It leevs you no choice, it strips youre litle conciousness naked infront The Almighty Chaos.. And IF It dont like something in you, It just erazes that thing(s) or even can erase all at once. But after taking it It's not you , Who makes that choice*. That's IT.
One can survive It and become stronger, other can obtain a permanent mental disorder, and somebody can even DIE.

But whatewer of three of them, It's "once in a lifetime expirience"
which usualy changes the life that is left.

Its deffenetly NOT for kids, neither for wimen.

If the mushroom trip is like a few hour walk in an an unknown mountain, if the meskaline trip is like daywalk in the desert and the Aiahuasca is like a night walk in the rainforest,
the Datura ordeal is like a walk on an invisible string over a deep rocky riverbed hundred(s) meters below, and once you step on it, in ANY moment you can become just a stain of dirt..or food for the plants.
It's like throwing bones(dices?) with the Destiny, and doing it once is MORE than enough.

Nomatter how many times people with personal expirience say
"Its better not trying this" other people continue trying to get some personal expirience of their own from this dangerous, but LEGAL and realy easy to find plant.
unfortunately some people are dying...

p.s. If shrooms and LSD was legal the yongsters trying and dying from) datura would be realy LESS.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Scopolamine is, if you doesnt know second in potency after ACID! 0,2mg is enough for changes in mind.When I sad second I mean that substances are working in unique way, so analogs of LSD are not count couse they are indols and this is tropanic psychosomimetic.And tropans does collect and bonds with plasma but when you stop to use it, everything is out of body in 3/5 days.I know that couse I have used Datura non stop for 7 mounths(first have boom episodes and out of body XP, but trought time soul succumb bad and powerful A-inteligence from plant.Triptonaut and his Gnomes :D know that-read my post in other psydelics 8)