Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

5-MeO-DMT Salt a waste of time?

Guy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Sept 2009
Hello, I'm able to get 5-MeO-DMT, a substance I have been interested in trying for a long time. However, I can only get it as a HCL salt form (not freebase). Is it a waste of time buying it? I know I can't smoke it, but besides the loss in dose economy, is snorting it comparable? I can take it orally with a MAOI too, right? I am just a little unsure on the differences between freebase and HCL. I want the 5-MeO-DMT experience, and I don't mind if I have to snort or eat it, but I want to be sure I will still get what I'm looking for.

JustinNed

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Why can't you smoke 5-MeO-DMT HCl? Most HCl salts will vaporize just fine, the reason cocaine HCl has to be freebased is because in order for cocaine HCl to get hot enough to vaporize it deteriates the majority of the chemical, while the freebased cocaine has a much lower vaporization temperature.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
You can use it sublingually. Of you can probably freebase it with sodium carbonate, then dissolve in alcohol and evaporate. Or just try to vaporize a bit of the Hcl form and see what happens...

Williamsïï

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
9 Fev 2009
Erowid

"5-MeO-DMT and MAOIs :
Although 5-MeO-DMT is present in some plants used in ayahuasca and in some ayahuasca brews, Erowid has received several reports of very troubling physical reactions in people who have ingested 5-MeO-DMT with MAOI harmala-alkaloids. There appears to be the risk of severe hypertensive symptoms, overheating, serotonin syndrome, etc. It is important to note that the profile of these risks are not fully understood, because the long history of use of brews containing some amount the two in combination.

A case of a 17-year-old male was reported to us in December 2002. He ingested an extract of Syrian Rue and then smoked an unknown (but large) dose of powdered, chemical 5-MeO-DMT. He quickly became non-responsive and fell to the ground, began convulsing (myoclonic jerking), and his sitter called an ambulance for help. He was found to have had a pulse of 180, blood pressure 200/125, and temperature 106.0 F. These levels are dangerously high. He was minimally responsive but became wildly agitated upon stimulation (even just speaking to him). He was treated with diazepam and transferred by helicopter to a Boston area hospital. The patient may have suffered lasting damage to his kidneys and rhabdomyolysis.

In December 2004, we received an unconfirmed report of a death related to the ingestion of 200mg of 5-MeO-DMT with some amount of "yage" and are currently looking for corroboration.

We have also received some reports from groups experimenting with making pharmahuasca using 5-MeO-DMT who have said that they had much higher incidence of bad reactions with 5-MeO-DMT than with N,N-DMT. They discontinued using the 5-MeO-DMT.
"

lucky if not ! :D .for me,to find some impossible.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Usual dosage for 5Meo is 5-10 mg.
200 mg (+MAOI) is just dumb.