Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

5-htp

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
Ok... I bought some 5-htp.. 60 capsules of 350mg a cap. It is supposed to assist/ be converted into serotonin. L- tryptofaan does the trick but has to be converted into 5-htp first.
Take it before you go to sleep and it boosts up you REM sleep. for dreaming its a wonderfull tool!! Dreams are more clear and more consistent... sometimes very alive and sometimes really weird.
Try it ,,, take pill in the morning and before going to bed!!
It works
oh and... read up!!

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
i heard some mdma users swear by it :) it is supposed to give a better high if you take it regularly before rolling, and eases the stress afterwards.
All based on the assumption that mdma decreases serotonine reuptake ofcourse (and therefore the receptors get overstimulated, and the serotonine is not very willing to come out the next day(s)).

But this might not be the intention of this topic :p so sorry if i spoiled it..

Entheonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
scamie a dit:
Ok... I bought some 5-htp.. 60 capsules of 350mg a cap. It is supposed to assist/ be converted into serotonin. L- tryptofaan does the trick but has to be converted into 5-htp first.

I have heard this before but:

scamie a dit:
Take it before you go to sleep and it boosts up you REM sleep. for dreaming its a wonderfull tool!! Dreams are more clear and more consistent... sometimes very alive and sometimes really weird.
Try it ,,, take pill in the morning and before going to bed!!
It works
oh and... read up!!

this is news to me... Maybe if run into those capsules at the smartshop next time I'll try some :wink:

p.s. If you use MDMA in the future, tell me if you notice any effects in aspect to the extra amount of serotonine.

p.p.s. You we're thinking about the same thing as I was Soulcatcher :p

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
just go to a supplementshop or a reform house. Its called "brain -mood".

17 neuros

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
just go to a supplementshop or a reform house. Its called "brain -mood".

17 neuros

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
AAAAnd you feel very relaxed and fit in the morning too!!! :shock:

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
and if your lazy you can order them from a lot of 'well-known' sites.. ~15 euro for 30 caps (excl. shipping costs).

Btw i'm taking melatonine (that is made from serotonine), to get my 'normal' biorythm back.. can't tell you yet if it works or not.
I figured that a good sleep was the best remedy for everything, so instead of going 5-htp -> serotonine -> melatonine. I just went for the last one. I read that a lot of people were having trouble with the 5-htp (causing depression instead of curing it).

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
I think you'll have to be a bit careful, because I don't think taking too much of or taking it too often will do you any good. Since serotonin is produced in the brain by itself too, you might interfere with the normal cycle, which might lead to that the brain thinks it doesn't have to generate serotonin. This might very well be the reason that some people only get more depressed from using it.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Oh and by the way: bananas contain a fair bit of 5-htp too, so eating bananas before sleeping will improve lucid dreaming or dreaming more clearly.

This is also a very good reason to have some banana's lying around after a night of ecstasy :roll:

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
The thing with banana's is that it will only have a small effect if you eat them regularly. It takes a while for your body to take the tryptophan, and it is divided into many products, of wich serotonine is one (and that is also divided into many, of wich melatonine is one (at night)). So eating a banana before sleep will not help much, since only the sugars will be absorbed fast (and that will only keep you awake). Just eating 2 banana's everyday will do the trick, as well as drinking milk, eating fish and meat and all other stuff with protein.

Good luck with it!

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
I found this link when doing a little research (again). This is what your body does with tryptophan (start left from middle). Your body is amazing 8)
http://www.genome.jp/kegg/pathway/map/map00380.html

edit: you can click on the substances and learn more about it, for example if it participates in other pathways.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
Soulcatcher a dit:
I found this link when doing a little research (again). This is what your body does with tryptophan (start left from middle). Your body is amazing 8)
http://www.genome.jp/kegg/pathway/map/map00380.html

edit: you can click on the substances and learn more about it, for example if it participates in other pathways.

Pffffffff!!! i din't get any wiser, but i think that is just me :rolleyes:

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
wham!, in-your-face information overload

nice find though

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
terminal brain failure! pres any key to restart!

G

Invité
..and i wonder how our body reactions seem like an electronic circuit!

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Well it's just the way your body breaks down L-Tryptophan, and what it becomes next. Most interesting might be L-Tryptophan --> 5-Hydroxy-L-Tryptophan (5-HTP) --> Serotonin --> N-Acetyl-serotonin --> Melatonin

Edit: Just saw that you already mentioned it Soulcatcher, my fault. :mrgreen:

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
I don't get any off this...
Serotonin, Melatonin? WTF

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
well science isn't all too sure about what it EXACTLY does, but serotonine is a great mood-affector (more is happy). Melatonine is what your body starts making when it's getting dark. It specially helps with jetlags and such, but also in shifted biorythms (they claim). When there is too much light (also artificial light) your body won't convert serotonin into .. into melatonine. When it is getting light your production stops again. I read about it in shulgins work a few days ago, he didnt notice anyting from taking relative big amounts. And maybe its just better not to take it as long as we dont know what it does (and doesnt help). It's a great placebo however.

edit: oh and 5-htp is the precursor of serotonin. It's a 'special' form of tryptophan, wich is converted into all sorts of shit. As you might have noticed.

H

Hmark

Invité
5 HTP (5-Hydroxy-Tryptophan) is derived from the seed pods of Griffonia simplicifolia, a West African plant, and is a close relative of tryptophan, an amino acid that is necessary for the production of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a key brain chemical that helps establish feelings of calm and well-being. Extensive research has linked serotonin imbalance with depression and anxiety disorders, and proven tryptophan supplementation to be an effective remedy for symptoms associated with these disorders.

Despite tryptophan's proven ability as a treatment for depression, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the retail sale of tryptophan supplements in1989 after a contaminated batch caused a serious condition known as eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome (EMS). Since then, numerous clinical studies have demonstrated that 5-HTP not only offers the same benefits as tryptophan, but is actually a more immediate precursor to serotonin than tryptophan.

You can visit 5 htp website for more information as well as for purchasing.