Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
Saying that you think that these things should be banned if abortion is banned is not thinking. If that's your idea of thinking though, I’d say that in certain cases maybe abortion wouldn’t be such a bad thing after all.

Making it personal aren't we? I thought the people on this forum weren't so low but apparently I was wrong. But maybe I should have known better not to start a discussion with some right wing conservatist.

Meat is just a luxury we can easily do without. Hell if we take the food that the animals eat we slaughter for food and give it to us we easily have enough for the entire world. I don't see how killing animals is different then killing men. We are all the same fucking lifeforms and to think we're better than animals is arrogant and ignorant.

If you favor human life so much you should maybe start a crusade against war? Fair distribution of food between all people?

And last; accidents happen. At least with abortion people's life's arent completely changed because of it.

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
furthermore there's complex reasons that we kill the forests and ultimately our planet. it's not only because we need so much food, it's also mostly because the economy has to grow because of its inbuilt design, hence the constant talk of "opening new markets". money would loose its value otherwise and we'd be in the mess everybody right now is afraid of being in in the near future.
so it doesn't boil down to "fuck around less"..

aemilius, what about rape? if a woman gets raped and she gets pregnant. is abortion acceptable?

I'm not entirely sure what to think about abortion, what I'm entirely sure is that the death penalty is a middle-age, savage thing that shouldn't be here anymore.

G

Invité
I'm in a rush, but just to answer to the following part:

Aemilius a dit:
By depriving someone else of their right to live because of a reckless disregard for others in the commission of a crime, it seems quite natural to me that the guilty party should also be deprived of their right to live, not out of sense of revenge (though that may justifiably be a motivating factor for some), but more in the interest of justice being served on behalf of the victim and the victims family, the protection of the public from further criminal acts being committed by that person, and as a deterrent to others who may be tempted to commit crimes where the lives of others may be jeopardized.

How exactly is the death penalty superior to a lifetime in jail regarding those points?

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
I believe that anyone who deliberately or even inadvertently kills someone else during the commission of any crime should die (including me). By depriving someone else of their right to live because of a reckless disregard for others in the commission of a crime, it seems quite natural to me that the guilty party should also be deprived of their right to live, not out of sense of revenge (though that may justifiably be a motivating factor for some), but more in the interest of justice being served on behalf of the victim and the victims family, the protection of the public from further criminal acts being committed by that person, and as a deterrent to others who may be tempted to commit crimes where the lives of others may be jeopardized.

I can accept this opinion even though i disagree, i can see that if someone close to me was murdered i would want the murderer to die so even though im against state sponsored murder i will concede that perhaps it offers some form of justice to the ones who are left behind, of course then you have to think about the family of the convicted murderer, is it just tough shit for them? shouldnt they be able to have the government officials responsible killed for killing their family member?

I believe abortion is one of the more revolting aspects of the modern world and shows how worthless human life has become.

i think the same way about the death penalty..

gammagoblin “It is a little bit like murder indeed, but there is a little chance the fetus even knows it exists and from what I understand is that if it reaches a age abortion is illegal because from there on it really is alive.

That might be a plausible approach if it could be accurately determined at what point after conception we are talking about a human being (self aware or not). Since that can not be conclusively shown, logic (my logic anyway) dictates erring on the side of caution rather than assuming that because the fetus is at this or that stage of development, or that it may or may not be self aware, it’s socially acceptable to kill it. To my way of thinking, erring on the side of caution means that for all intents and purposes at the moment of conception we are talking about a human being.

the moment of conception?
how exactly do you feel about masturbation emile? or ovulation for that matter?
because it takes time for the sperm and the ovum to generate a nervous system, once it has that i think you can call it a living thing, until then, to me, its just a sperm and an egg stuck together

Considering the consequences of having a baby and how ones life would change forever before creating it instead of afterward would eliminate being faced with the moral dilemma of having to choose whether to raise a child or kill one that arises when a child is already on the way due to an inability to control instinctive mammalian urges to copulate.

Its true that considering the consequences of having a baby before hand makes sooo much sense! but you have to factor in the obvious fact that there are ALOT of irresponsible people out there, including but not limited to sexually active teenagers and people who are, to be frank, stupid
lets be honest, its not a good thing but there are alot of people out there who are driven by their genitals before their brains

Oh yeah that’s a good idea, abortion as a means of population control. Instead of using common sense and not having more children in the first place, let’s just keep copulating and kill the children. We could even expand on that to include a “grace period” of ten years after the birth of the child for the parents to change their mind. If they should decide it’s just too much trouble raising a child they were too stupid to plan for, they could just take it to the “doctor” and have a “postnatal abortion”.

common sense is a misleading title for basic sense, its not really all that common
do you really want all the stupid people procreating? as if the human race isnt intellectually stunted as it is imagine the effects on our evolution if only smart people think first about having kids before having unprotected sex and the stupid/majority just did it, without abortion the human race as a whole will suffer
and your example of a "grace period" of ten years is utterly ridiculous, surely you dont think this is even a remote possibility?
im hoping this is just you filling your self appointed title of psychonauts absurdist, its not much of a point to argue

People are killing millions of animals because they have to eat. If they’re killing too many animals it’s because there are too many people.

People are destroying the forests because they need more land for agriculture and building materials. If they are destroying too much of the forest it’s because there are too many people.

too many people? there are only going to be MORE people without abortion...

I dont quite agree with gammagoblin on the point you're replying to here but i have to say, surely vegans are proof enough that humans dont need meat to survive
if we were to cut the meat industry in half we would still have way more than enough, its just that instead of learning different ways of eating/things to eat people WANT meat, its not a need (im guilty here but like i said, i dont really agree with the comment you're replying to)

Saying that you think that these things should be banned if abortion is banned is not thinking. If that's your idea of thinking though, I’d say that in certain cases maybe abortion wouldn’t be such a bad thing after all.

Thats a bit uncalled for, settle down man

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
Aemilius a dit:
gammaboblin “Making it personal aren't we?”

No, sorry about that. Just my way of saying I think it’s as ridiculous to throw eating meat and chopping down the forest into a conversation about abortion as it is to throw gyroscopic precession and hockey into a conversation about cake recipes.

gammagoblin “....to think we're better than animals is arrogant and ignorant.”

Where did I say that? Do you think making stuff up bolsters you argument?
Well since eating meat is also a choice with the consequence of killing a living being just like an abortion I don't think the analogy is that inappropriate.

No, I did say that because I noticed a lot of people who think people are better than animals and I think that's a pathetic idea. It's true that I don't know whether you think that way about it.

I also found an article which show's that fetusses under 6,5 years old don't feel pain and doesn't have much brain capacity. So it isn't that traumatizing for them to be removed from the wombe. Furthermore, a fetus is just an attachment to the female body, and I think it's logical for her to make a decision whether or not she wants this lump on her body.

And also, what do you think of condoms and other anticonceptics? These also prevent a baby from being born.

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
^No you posted it in the Troy Davis thread. And no, you haven't explained why killing an animal is different than killing a fetus. Or why women shouldn't have control over their own body for that matter. Or even how you feel about anticonceptics, since they also prevent a baby from being born.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I dont think the right to kill should be in the hands of the government.

do I have a better solution?

no not really.

I just think it isn't in the governments place to deal with killing people. That is fucked up as far as I'm concerned.

Abortion?

Abortion is cause by a paradigm. Abortion is not the problem, the paradigm of our system is, and the outcomes of it. Abortion is not something to be focused on, but really, how it comes about in the first place.

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
There’s a very good reason that I have not explained why killing an animal is any different than killing a fetus, and that’s because I never said it was the same or any different, so explain it to yourself.
Why? It's an opinion to relate those two to eachother, not a fact. I explained why I think these two are pretty much the same since it both kills a living being.

There’s also a very good reason that I have not explained why women shouldn’t have control over their own bodies either, and that’s because I never said women shouldn’t have control over their own bodies, so that’s something else you can explain to yourself.

Removing a fetus from a woman's own body is part of having control over it and you won't let them do that. Sounds to me like you don't want them to have control over it.

Sounds like you have a lot of explaining to do!
Are trying to get out of the argument?

How I feel about contraceptives (anticonceptics?) is that if they were used more often there probably would be somewhat less than the 35,000,000 fucking human fetuses being vacuumed from women’s abdomens each year. I also feel that your comparison of the use of contraceptives to abortion in the way they prevent a baby from being born is so fucking moronic it's unbelievable (nothing personal).

Those contraceptics also prevent a baby from being born so it isn't that different from a fetus. And calling anyone stupid who doesn't think the same way as you do is a bit childish.

G

Invité
Aemilius a dit:
Tiax “How exactly is the death penalty superior to a lifetime in jail regarding those points?”

I might ask you how exactly a lifetime in jail superior to the death penalty?
Right, here it is....

Answering to a question with another question isn't helping your case.

My point of view is that no death penalty should ever be forced on a convict.

I could say that I find the idea of allowing a life-sentenced convict to freely choose the death penalty interesting, but I already see hundreds of ways this system could be abused.

Still, you haven't defended your point on the matter as far as I'm concerned.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
for those who gain the "death penalty" should be dropped in the middle of siberia.

And to me, Emile, it seems you are trying to approach these topics as single ideas that have no connection to other things other than a rising population.

Things are not that simple.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Since the ideas are getting a bit crowded:

1) Death Penalty - There's really no evidence that the death penalty deters crime or murder. If you're going to commit murder, that's probably not going to be what you're thinking about at the time. So all in all, the only argument for it would be the cost of housing inmates. Since, statistically, any freed money that would have been spent to house them is most likely not going to go to helping the homeless or fixing our infrastructure, I think it's a moot point. From what I can tell, life in jail may be worse than the death penalty.

2) Abortion - It's horrible, it's terrible, it's evil and it's none of your fucking business. If you don't believe in it, don't commit it. Start a counseling group to help young girls sign up for adoption instead. Talk in schools about the importance of safe sex. Your body, your mind, your decision. To make myself clear, you're on a board called Psychonaut. If by now you don't believe in a person's right to choose to do whatever they want to their body (and whatever is in it), then I think you've completely missed the message.

3) Vegan lifestyles - While I do understand the unfortunate way we treat animals is unfair, I can't go as far as to say that we should all go vegan. This is another one of those personal decisions. I don't like blaming it on a broken system, a disturbed and ever-gluttonous economy, etc. It's a personal decision and if you believe strongly in it, then once again, be open about it, but don't make it a dividing issue:

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
too bad this topic is fucked up as well. I liked the discussion hadn't really thought about it yet.

@vegan lifestyles: I don't really think everyone should go vegan either. Although it is true that there are also a lot of negative consequences of eating meat, like I said food that goes to waste and CO2 in de atmosphere. I think this is all because of the scale we eat meat. We see it as normal and don't look at the way the animals are treated anymore. This is the biggest issue I have with it. If I was living in the forest, and I'd have to hunt an animal and kill it with my bare hands I would eat meat. That way it isn't just a product you buy in the store but you see with your own eyes what you do to the animal you want to eat.

G

Invité
Well, Aemilius want all drama queen and erased all his posts (I deleted his account as there's not much point in having dots everywhere).

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Really?

what an odd occurrence

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
ChrisHansen a dit:
Allusion a dit:
it's about time. im surprised it went on this long...

Bitch, bitch, bitch...

so you know, repeat trolling is grounds for banning.

im not sure what objection you have with my free expression on the topic, but if there is an issue, feel free to take your own advice and quit bitching.

K

kerachery

Invité
My family is against abortion and i am considering getting one what to do? I am planning on making an appointment for an abortion but my family is against abortion. I was going to get the abortion and tell my family i had a miscourage. However, my sister is a sergical tech and is very familiar with hospitals and the things that go on and being she knows so much pertaining to medical things i think she will know i got an abortion.