Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

1 in 100 American Adults Behind Bars, New Study Says

RealityPortal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2007
The World Stage - USA
Wednesday, 05 March 2008

For the first time in the nation's history, more than one in 100 American adults is behind bars, according to a new report. Nationwide, the prison population grew by 25,000 last year, bringing it to almost 1.6 million. Another 723,000 people are in local jails. The number of American adults is about 230 million, meaning that one in every 99.1 adults is behind bars. Incarceration rates are even higher for some groups. One in 36 Hispanic adults is behind bars, based on Justice Department figures for 2006. One in 15 black adults is, too, as is one in nine black men between the ages of 20 and 34.

Read more/Quoted from>>>
http://www.realityportal.info/content/view/184/73/
http://cannabisculture.com/articles/5166.html

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Having been in the system as a drug offender, I want to tell you all something, from someone who has been there.

It is a bad enough experience, on its own, being imprisoned and having your life taken from you, but did any of you know that when you do go to prison for drugs, you'll be sleeping beside people who REALLY DO belong there, child molesters, murderers, rapists, carjackers that executed little, blue haired old ladies with a bullet to the head...this constitutes a form of 'cruel and unusual punishment'
in my book, and it is entirely possible that it has the net effect of actually turning drug offenders into real criminals, with no respect for life.

Most of the cops I talked to in there, once they found out why I was there, weed and x, said that 'gee it really is too bad that you got lumped in with everyone else and are doing real time. I know/have done/want to do ecstasy, or, my wife wants me to get some ecstasy, etc....or, 'If everyone was into their craft like you, we wouldn't be such hard-legs about it ( a lie, I know, I know)....but the point is, they realized that I fell between the cracks.

Many of them had smoked and didn't see it as such a big deal.

Eventually, there will be some rescheduling of Controlled Substances but I hope its before the end.

RealityPortal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2007
Ever since I was in the US in the 90s I was shocked to see the great imbalance in society. I was shocked to see how in "the land of the free" so many people were not FREE. Not FREE at all.

US - THE LAND OF THE INCARCERATED.

I promise I will do my best to make people globally aware of this great injustice. More or less it's mostly weedsmokers being put behind bars when in reality Cheney, Bush and their followers should have been the ones.

Reality Portal Crew