Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Salvia + MAOI (Passiflora).

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Has anyone tired this? Please share your experience.

I'm thinking about using Passiflora (Passion Flower) as an MAOI and combining it with an extract (likely 60x) to produce a more lucid and longer-lasting trip.

Edit: I found that salvinorin a is not monoamines, hence not effective by monoamine oxidase. However, I'll be smoking the dried leaves (as well as the extract of Salvia) -- of the Passiflora, which do indeed give you a mild high to begin with. They can be used as an MAOI, as I understand. So perhaps this unique MAOI would perhaps add some interesting doors to the trip, or make it longer lasting. Who knows.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
No, Passion Flower contains a very low percentage of MAO inhibitors. You can't use it as an ayahuasca analogue. It's a mild sedative herb, sold in most healthfood stores, and you don't need to follow a tyramine-free diet in order to use it.

It won't make the Salvia trip last longer, or significantly alter its content, unless you're really stressed out to begin with.

I don't see the use of smoking Passion Flower, because you're not really after an immediate effect anyway, nor is there really a need to bypass the digestive system or the liver. I would rather make a tea, or buy Passion Flower capsules from a reputed company. But for purposes related to the blocking of MAO, rather than ingesting dozens of Passion Flower capsules, I'd rather buy 2 or 3 grams of Peganum harmala seeds and make tea from that.

What compound has been standardized in the extract you bought?

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I once took Passion Flower caps, and i felt terrible. I wish i had never done that :D

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
No, Passion Flower contains a very low percentage of MAO inhibitors. You can't use it as an ayahuasca analogue. It's a mild sedative herb, sold in most healthfood stores, and you don't need to follow a tyramine-free diet in order to use it.

It won't make the Salvia trip last longer, or significantly alter its content, unless you're really stressed out to begin with.

I don't see the use of smoking Passion Flower, because you're not really after an immediate effect anyway, nor is there really a need to bypass the digestive system or the liver. I would rather make a tea, or buy Passion Flower capsules from a reputed company. But for purposes related to the blocking of MAO, rather than ingesting dozens of Passion Flower capsules, I'd rather buy 2 or 3 grams of Peganum harmala seeds and make tea from that.

What compound has been standardized in the extract you bought?

Thanks for the info.

I tried smoking plain leaves last evening and I didn't really enjoy the effects. I'll look into kava kava, perhaps, or something else. After my experience with the Passion Flower, I'd want to use MAOI's for DMT only.

I didn't buy extracts of Passion Flower. I grow it. Picked off some leaves, dried them and smoked. It wasn't a very pleasant effect to be honest. It's a beautiful flower, nevertheless.

As for Salvia -- that'd be Salvinorum A.

SallyDee

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Juin 2009
If you use the passionflower and salvia in a tea, that would be very stress relieving probably. But not have much hallucinogenic effect.
As far as your smoking plain leaves and not having much effect, it seems when you expect an effect it wont happen. But if you just relax and take a deep hit of some salvia extract then you will go thru the salvia tunnel to another level. Really you should check out some of the experiences on http://www.freshsalvia.com some people have written some wicked times here. And http://www.erowid.com.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Thanks, SallyDee, but I'm quite experienced with Salvia. I was wondering if an MAOI would elongate the effects. The quid was quite nice, not as powerful as extracts, I'd say. (:

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
so i think we can agree that the question as of now is What can be taken with salvia to make it active orally?

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
alphasnail a dit:
so i think we can agree that the question as of now is What can be taken with salvia to make it active orally?

Just a quid.

Brush your teeth, wash with mouthwash and chew a shitload of fresh plant leaves, which have soaked in water for 10 mins. Chew for 30+ mins.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
Synith a dit:
Thanks, SallyDee, but I'm quite experienced with Salvia. I was wondering if an MAOI would elongate the effects. The quid was quite nice, not as powerful as extracts, I'd say. (:

While I can't see how, being that Salvinorin A should not metabolized by an MAO, it appears that some people have had results using a Harmala extract (an MAOI). The report is...questionable, but it IS up in the Salvia section of Erowid. I'm not trying to say that the report is correct, simply that this has been reported by other people as well.

Here is the link, should anyone want to check it out.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_info.shtml

It is also referenced in the general FAQ there as well (though still unconfirmed).
http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/sal ... mbinations