Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Question about late shrooms

silv

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
So I picked the shrooms out of my growkit a little late (purple stains here and there, that kind of stuff), and it doesn't say conclusively if they're just fine or if they're like not good anymore. So I was wondering if picking them a day too late would make em go bad or something, probably a stupid question but I just want to be sure :)

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I wouldn't see why it would make any difference, as long as they were still attached to the cake and growing? I just posted another post, maybe I'm not reading right this evening though. :p

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
yeah iguessed as much but i just wanted too make sure

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Recently i was wondering the same when a friend was harvesting mushrooms that had already released their spores, that's not a big deal right?

G

Invité
It is said that after the spores fall the next flush will be less big.
Although nor I, nor Heartcore can confirm it :mrgreen:

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Lmao, nice one Space ;)

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
that doesent make sence to me. dont you want the mushrooms to release the spores to make the next flush grow ? or is the stuff already in the substrate cake from your first inoculation? i just thought they had to drop the spores to grow the next flush but from reading this im guessing its from the firstn incoulation that makes the spores stay in the cake and once pic them and then rince the cake then dunk it im guessin its set to grow? so then u dont have to wait for the caps to break their veil or i mean they break the veil which is good but once they do that im guessing you want to pic them after the break the viel and stop getting any bigger???

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I do beleive that if you pick the mushroom right the mushroom is still living inside the substrate and will sprout a new.

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
Ok, seems some of you need some info about mushrooms in general.

Once a cake is colonized with mycelium (the white stuff) it doesnt need anymore spores to make new flushes. The mycelium IS the mushroom(s). In fact mushrooms are made up of 100% mycelium. The mycelium just changes form, goes from vegetative form to fruiting (reproductive) form.

If some spores get deposited on a cake its fine, however if its a thick layer of spores it will hinder future flushes. This is because those spores germinate (sprout so to speak) and then compete with the mycelium in the cake. They basically fight over food, air and water. This makes your cake waste time and energy that it could be using to make mushrooms. It takes a THICK layer of spores to make a difference in most cases. So a little spore dust on your cakes isn't that big of a problem. In most cases you won't notice any diminished flushes. Most growers pick their mushrooms right before or right after the veil breaks. This is mostly to keep the fruiting chamber clean.

When you pick mushrooms in the wild, most of the time they have already started to drop spores. Those mushrooms are still fine to eat. Picking the mushrooms that haven't dropped spores yet in the wild is a big NO-NO! Its best to let wild mushrooms drop spores so that a new generation may grow and spread.

Hope this helps and clears some stuff up.