Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Picking amanita's

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I recently found 2 patches with amanita mushrooms. I've been reading a lot about them and decided I want to pick some and dry them for storage until I'm ready for an experience. I have some questions:

If I just cut of the cap with something sharp that won't kill the mycelium right?
How many caps would be 10 grams dried?
Are all red amanitas with dots muscarias?

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
a friend of mine once picked and dried Russula emetica by mistake, convinced fly agaric were the only red mushroom in the forrest. lucky for him i noticed his mistake

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
OK I got myself 3 nice specimen. Or make that 2 nice ones. One has some holes in it from insects or slugs, that's not so unhealthy right?

Now how do I dry them? My oven doesn't work any more (but the grill does). What about microwave? Or just putting them on my stove?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Nevermind the drying question. I put them on a plate on my stove with a ventilator aimed at them.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
the wormy ones usually dont dry too well. if you can cut the bits with the holes off youll have better luck. the wormy ones tend to liquify

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Meduzz a dit:
OK I got myself 3 nice specimen. Or make that 2 nice ones. One has some holes in it from insects or slugs, that's not so unhealthy right?

Now how do I dry them? My oven doesn't work any more (but the grill does). What about microwave? Or just putting them on my stove?

If you gonna try it, make a thee. I once try to dry some amanita's and the next day there where hundreds of maggots on the shrooms.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
The caps are already drying well! :)
They dry from the outside to the inside. Already 0.5 cm dried.

And yes I will make tea of them but dry them first. I'm going to use them later, I've abused to much drugs lately :roll: :)

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Meduzz a dit:
The caps are already drying well! :)
They dry from the outside to the inside. Already 0.5 cm dried.

And yes I will make tea of them but dry them first. I'm going to use them later, I've abused to much drugs lately :roll: :)

I once picked some amanita's, i made a thee from 3 caps. And there was almost no effect, i only felt a little euphoric. So i suggest using more caps from 5 to 10 cm width. I've also heard somewhere, that the dutch amanita's or not that strong as the ones in other regions of the world. I think this will be bullshit, but maybe there right. Bastiaan, also did try the amanita's from *******. He also felt almost nothing. Maybe there just weak and you need a really large dose...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^I can imagine the Dutch climate isn't perfect for amanita's. Probably why they're protected...

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I got them from my university campus. There are lots of silver birches and LOTS of amanitas... So much I think they were put there on purpose. But then again this is very hard.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Are you sure the soil is clean? And growing amanita's is pretty hard, since you gotta put up a big tree to support their growth... They may have been put there intentionally, but not from the get-go.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I saw lots of other mushrooms there I've never seen before. I should take a camera with me next time :)

I don't know about the soil. There is lots of green over there. Nice place actually. I've been googling photo's and found more pictures of mushrooms than buildings from there. :)

peach

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Nov 2008
I found an entire back pack of Amanita Muscaria while I was out looking for Psilocybe.

Muscaria couldn't really be any easier to see - I was finding them from thirty feet off.

They like growing off the big main roots of the tree if they run close to surface, if they're forced to run close by rocks underneath. If you find one, it's worth running along the root and around the tree because there may a couple more hidden.

Quite a few of them had tunnels in them, which I didn't quite understand at first. As soon as they started to warm up during drying, I worked that out. Sick! :shock:

We consumed 17 or 18g (I think) of very dry powder, maybe it was 27g I can't remember - either way, enough. Absolutely nothing. No stomach twitch, no slight or subtle changes. Zero. Both myself and friend the same. My friend went on to try Muscaria from two entirely separate sources and came back saying neither of these had any effect.

We also tried smoking a quantity of it after reading that this may work on Erowid. It doesn't.

People who've managed to get something from them, I'm not sure about. Either they have some super strength version, all of mine where inactive (I picked a lot, and my friend has tried multiple sources), they weren't eating Muscaria or they've never really had a genuine trip.

I have also tried Amanita Pantherina. These are entirely different effects wise, there is no way I would class what I experienced with them as subtle, it was quite overpowering. It's nothing like Psilocybe. Visual hallucinations are almost nothing. The best way I can describe it is as if your memory begins looping every few seconds, it's difficult to work out if something happened a few seconds or hours ago. For example, if you'd been sitting in a room for a while and then left the room, even though you could clearly see you're in a different room, your memory would still be saying you haven't moved. This creates a sense of mistrust in your judgment - significantly more so than with Psilocybe for me, and I'm happy with quarter ounce plus amounts of that. I began to think I had fallen into a coma and imagined the last few months of my life. I started to read into the events that maybe if I followed a particular path, I would either give in and die or wake up, and I would be analyzing questions people were asking me to work out if this person was some kind of motif I had to follow or agree with to wake up. I think this was caused by someone in the room saying "they look like they're in a coma" when we stopped talking. Talking becomes an issue because you'll continually forget your train of thought. It's a little like Psilocybe in this respect, but Psilocybe feels more like your words are being scrambled, this is more like there's an abrupt topic change every few seconds.

I should say that this was one time when I knew I would probably have issues with a trip as I was doing it around a number of people who hadn't tripped, were watching me and at least one of them I knew had an issue with stronger drugs. All negatives. They went on to make some stupid mistakes that only increased the problems my friend and I experienced with them. I already knew I didn't like tripping in that kind of environment, thought I'd try again in case I was being picky, but no... it's terrible. I had an overwhelming sense that the people around me were watching me and trying to trick me - they were to a worthwhile degree. Maybe in a different environment, it'd be easier to relax and enjoy them. I know for sure that I didn't get everything I could have from that experience as a direct result of the people around me not being experienced - anyone who's tried Psilocybe more than once will feel that.

I verbally laid into one of the supposed sitters afterwards, unlike me, as I didn't want them there to begin with, they'd wasted my experienced, not helped and caused trouble for my friend and I when it could have been enjoyable.

I felt absolutely no nausea with Pantharina. They do smell and taste like a damp hippie's caravan, but Psilocybe isn't so great either

Pantharina are brown and look suspiciously akin to death caps, so they're not the kind of thing a beginner wants to try picking. I haven't seen any in the wild myself, although I could have walked past them given their more stealthy color scheme

hippietrhggr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2008
ive takin muscaria not to long ago a 15 cm cap. me and my friend took about a forth of the mushroom each. we both felt really really good and felt like we can fly. this is in pacific coast usa tho.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
to Peach; ive had quite profound effects from 1/4 fly agaric and nothing from 3 large ones. ive read that their strengh can vary with a factor of + or - 10 from mushroom to mushroom.

the most profound effect i had was 1/4 fly agaric and 25 liberty caps. it wasnt very visual though there was a visual element. i spent almost 15 minutes trying to cross a road because i couldnt tell if the step down from the sidewalk was 3 inches or 300 feet. i almost had to climb down the 15cm on my hands and knees. luckily it was 4am and there was nobody about, though when a car passed i could stoll see the trace from its red tail light for a minute after, an unbroken red line for 1/4 mile following the road.
the sky, which would have been a black winters sky, was a deep glowing cobalt blue

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
druglessdouglas a dit:
to Peach; ive had quite profound effects from 1/4 fly agaric and nothing from 3 large ones. ive read that their strengh can vary with a factor of + or - 10 from mushroom to mushroom.

I also have read that somewhere.

druglessdouglas a dit:
the most profound effect i had was 1/4 fly agaric and 25 liberty caps. it wasnt very visual though there was a visual element. i spent almost 15 minutes trying to cross a road because i couldnt tell if the step down from the sidewalk was 3 inches or 300 feet. i almost had to climb down the 15cm on my hands and knees. luckily it was 4am and there was nobody about, though when a car passed i could stoll see the trace from its red tail light for a minute after, an unbroken red line for 1/4 mile following the road.
the sky, which would have been a black winters sky, was a deep glowing cobalt blue

:D