Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Peruvian Torch problem

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
See the white stains? It has covered my entire cactus by now. My cactus is still alive and well. It's not soft so it's not rotting. My guess is a fungus but I'm not sure.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I dont know what it is , but it doesnt look good . Do you fertilise regularly ? How often and when do you water ?

If its fungus its grown through the plant by now .

You have three choices , watch and wait , or re-pot it in hydro medium and watch and wait , or cut the top part that isnt (?) infected off and re-root it and then re-pot it .

Have you got a botanical garden or university near you.......... you go to one......
they usualy have realy helpfull people there who are pleased to answer questions . Or go to a garden center and ask .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
its a fungus and its all through the plant if you can see it. buy a food crop systemic fungicide. follow the instructions for soft fruit

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Ok thanks for the answers!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The reason why most of you who are having problems are having them is because of growing on soil , and because of over watering . The soil holds water to long and the weather here doesnt dry it out quick enough wich means the roots start to go faul or get infected with bacteria / fungus . When i grew on soil i had loads of problems , when i changed to sand and stones i stoped getting problems .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Would you be so kind to give a link or make a nice thread about hydro growing please sir? :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Its no diferent than growing with soil exept that you use a mixture of sand and small stones . The more sand you use the more water the substarate will hold and the longer it will stay wet . Just try it and if you think its to wet for to long repot the cacti using more bigger stones . You can buy the stones and sand you need from a garden center or a terarium section in a pet shop . Or find a clean stream and dig some out . You need sand from at least 2 mm thick plus stones from 3 - 5 mm thick and mix them both together . Dont buy seramis or other clay balls . Take the cacti out of the pot full of soil , shake the soil off . Wash the rest off with water and let the roots dry a bit . Then re pot it with the stones / sand mixture . Water it . Every 14 days give it 1/2 strength cacti fertiliser . It needs watering more often than when you use soil , but dont let it stand in water .

A peyote needs stones from 3 -5 mms and no sand . It likes "Gips" . If you know the wall panels filled with plaster and covered with paper that are used on building sites you can break them up and use the pieces , without the paper . But again the pieces must be from 3 - 5 mms .

Its realy easy . Dont worry about it just try it and be gentle . A good book on the subject is a big help and there must be a library somewhere near you .

Ask questions if your not sure .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Thanks! I'll put some time in it in a couple of weeks.
I always though the longer roots stay wet the faster they rot.

Yesterday I first noticed how my peyote has grown since I bought it from ******* I think 2 years ago. It had been attacked by a bird or my cat when I left it outside once, it was out of the pot with two holes in it and id had a green dark brown colour for a while, but now it's totally recovering and looking healthy again :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`m sure it was the cat and not a bird . It looks OK now . How wide is it ? Cacti like it hot and light . Some cacti like direct sun but most do better where its very light but not directly in the sun . If they start getting a bit yellow give them less light .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Now it's 2.5cm wide. When I bought it it was a little under 2. I know they grow slow, but how fast are they supposed to grow actually?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It looks healthy but it sounds like its growing slowly . It needs heat to grow good .

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
GOD a dit:
I`m sure it was the cat and not a bird . It looks OK now . How wide is it ? Cacti like it hot and light . Some cacti like direct sun but most do better where its very light but not directly in the sun . If they start getting a bit yellow give them less light .

Why are U so sure?? I made Peyote cutting on host cacti. Year old Peyo. And then awry or wry started to land onto my balcony into cacti. He has actually buildup small nest! But this wasn't an option for my dad. And wry has left the building with his nest also. Day after I am looking at cutting and can't believe it! Wry pick peyo out of host!!!! :roll: :roll: :wink: :lol:
NOTHING LEFT! :!: Hell of trip for such small bird. So I can say that bird could be "The Enemy" of Meduzz cacti. :lol:

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Peyo grows in diameter bout 5cm. Maybe 2cm more if you are lucky and smart when U start to grow it. But also 7year old Peyo isn't something like 28 year old peyo! But they have exactly same size! One of mine is near 5cm but he haves 28 years! Older then me! :wink:

Peyo first grows to his maximum size and then he starts to build himself. What this means? Cacti starts to grow hard and thick skin, more deeply green-even bluish. Alkaloids percentage bursts in cacti body, flowering time extends from 10th of April to the end of September (even October in some places of Europe!!), bunch of seeds, something like 60-80 pieces. 70% in summer-fall time and 30% in winter-spring time.

After some point cacti will start to produce sprouts, new cacti from same roots. And after 15-25 years middle one cacti or prime one will die from suffocation by his brothers. This is Peyo circle.

PEACE
LIGHT
BLESS
LOVE